Málaga CF will welcome Girona FC to Estadio La Rosaleda for a matchday 40 fixture in Spain Segunda División. The last meeting on 24th November 2020 ended in a Málaga CF 1-0 win. Both sides have met five times in the most recent seasons. Málaga CF has won 2 matches, and Girona FC triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 1.00 goals, while both teams score 0% of the time.
Málaga CF's latest fixture against Real Oviedo ended in an away 1-0 loss. Málaga CF dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it.
Girona FC's recent game against Sporting Gijón ended in a home 1-0 win. Blanquivermells dominated the game and deserved the win. Girona FC put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 43rd minute.
So far, Málaga CF plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.33 points per away game on average compared to 1.19 points at home. Los Boquerones's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 38% of home games.
Girona FC has picked up 11 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Albirrojos wins 1.52 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Girona FC kept a clean sheet in just 30% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Málaga CF or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.21 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 37% of Málaga CF's home and Girona FC's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Málaga CF vs Girona FC Betting Tips
Málaga CF vs Girona FC Head to Head
Average stats between Málaga CF and Girona FC in most recent 5 outings in the Spain Segunda División.
Málaga CF vs Girona FC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Málaga CF and Girona FC across current season. Calculated from Málaga CF's Home stats and Girona FC's Away stats.
Spain Segunda División Form
- Coming into this game, Málaga CF has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Málaga CF has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Málaga CF recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Málaga CF has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/42 games for Málaga CF this season.
- Coming into this game, Girona FC has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Girona FC has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Girona FC away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 6 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Girona FC will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Málaga CF, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Girona FC recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Girona FC has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 17/46 games for Girona FC this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 17%||29 %||38 %|
|Draw %||26% / 50%||33 %||19 %|
|Loss %||40% / 33%||38 %||43 %|
|AVG Goals||2.00 / 1.67||2.00||2.00|
|Scored||0.88 / 0.67||0.95||0.81|
|Conceded||1.12 / 1.00||1.05||1.19|
|BTTS %||38% / 50%||38 %||38 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 0%||0 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||12% / 17%||14 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||10% / 0%||10 %||10 %|
|Scores %||67% / 67%||67 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 33%||38 %||29 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 50%||52 %||52 %|
|Possession %||46% / 49%||46 %||46 %|
|Corners||3.98 / 4.83||4.38||3.57|
|Cards||2.55 / 2.83||2.48||2.62|
|Offsides||1.90 / 2.33||1.76||2.05|
|Fouls||13.43 / 12.67||12.86||14.00|
|Shots||7.98 / 8.17||8.52||7.43|
|Shots on Target||3.40 / 3.33||3.33||3.48|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||48% / 67%||57 %||39 %|
|Draw %||26% / 33%||17 %||35 %|
|Loss %||26% / 0%||26 %||26 %|
|AVG Goals||1.98 / 1.67||1.70||2.26|
|Scored||1.13 / 1.33||1.09||1.17|
|Conceded||0.85 / 0.33||0.61||1.09|
|BTTS %||37% / 33%||26 %||48 %|
|BTTS Win||17% / 17%||17 %||17 %|
|BTTS Loss||2% / 0%||0 %||4 %|
|Scored in Both||20% / 33%||17 %||22 %|
|Scores %||67% / 83%||65 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||39% / 67%||48 %||30 %|
|Frist Goal %||48% / 50%||52 %||43 %|
|Possession %||50% / 50%||51 %||49 %|
|Corners||4.22 / 4.83||4.39||4.04|
|Cards||2.78 / 2.50||2.61||2.96|
|Offsides||1.98 / 1.67||1.87||2.09|
|Fouls||16.11 / 15.00||15.22||17.00|
|Shots||9.13 / 9.83||9.30||8.96|
|Shots on Target||4.15 / 4.17||4.17||4.13|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Málaga CF vs Girona FC Odds
|HT 1||4.33||HT X||1.91||HT 2||3.10|
|Home Win Nil||5.00||Away Win Nil||2.90|
|Over 2.5||2.35||Under 2.5||1.57|
|BTTS Yes||2.20||BTTS NO||1.62|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.55||Under 9.5 Corners||1.45|