- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Málaga CF will welcome Sporting Gijón to Estadio La Rosaleda for a matchday 23 fixture in Spain Segunda División. The last meeting on 26th September 2021 ended in a Sporting Gijón 2-1 win. Both sides have met nineteen times in the most recent seasons. Málaga CF has won 8 matches, and Sporting Gijón triumphed in 6. Recent outings average 2.16 goals, while both teams score 53% of the time.
Málaga CF's latest fixture against AD Alcorcón ended in an away 1-0 win. Málaga CF was very dangerous in attack, having attempted three shots on target. Málaga CF was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 80 minute.
Sporting Gijón's recent game against CD Lugo ended in a home 1-1 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points. Sporting Gijón deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 61st minute.
Since the start of the season, Málaga CF is more dominant at home. They have seven wins out of 13 games on home soil. Los Boquerones's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 46% of home games.
Sporting Gijón has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Sporting Gijón wins 0.92 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Sporting Gijón kept a clean sheet in just 17% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Sporting Gijón.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 27% of Málaga CF's home and Sporting Gijón's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Málaga CF vs Sporting Gijón Betting Tips
Málaga CF vs Sporting Gijón Head to Head
Average stats between Málaga CF and Sporting Gijón in most recent 19 outings in the Spain Segunda División.
Málaga CF vs Sporting Gijón Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Málaga CF and Sporting Gijón across current season. Calculated from Málaga CF's Home stats and Sporting Gijón's Away stats.
Spain Segunda División Form
- Coming into this game, Málaga CF has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Málaga CF has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Málaga CF recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Málaga CF has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 10/22 games for Málaga CF this season.
- Coming into this game, Sporting Gijón has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Sporting Gijón has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sporting Gijón has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- Sporting Gijón will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Málaga CF, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- In the last 5 matches for Sporting Gijón, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 13 matches (59% of all matches) involving Sporting Gijón has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 17%||54 %||9 %|
|Draw %||29% / 50%||23 %||36 %|
|Loss %||38% / 33%||23 %||55 %|
|AVG Goals||2.42 / 1.67||2.15||2.73|
|Scored||0.96 / 0.67||1.08||0.82|
|Conceded||1.46 / 1.00||1.08||1.91|
|BTTS %||46% / 50%||38 %||55 %|
|BTTS Win||8% / 0%||15 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||8 %||27 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 0%||23 %||9 %|
|Scores %||71% / 67%||77 %||64 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 33%||46 %||18 %|
|Frist Goal %||46% / 50%||54 %||36 %|
|Possession %||50% / 49%||51 %||49 %|
|Corners||4.33 / 4.83||4.85||3.73|
|Cards||2.96 / 2.83||2.77||3.18|
|Offsides||1.79 / 2.33||1.77||1.82|
|Fouls||13.58 / 12.67||13.38||13.82|
|Shots||12.38 / 8.17||14.08||10.36|
|Shots on Target||4.38 / 3.33||5.08||3.55|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 50%||50 %||17 %|
|Draw %||33% / 50%||25 %||42 %|
|Loss %||33% / 0%||25 %||42 %|
|AVG Goals||2.25 / 2.33||2.08||2.42|
|Scored||1.08 / 1.50||1.17||1.00|
|Conceded||1.17 / 0.83||0.92||1.42|
|BTTS %||63% / 67%||67 %||58 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 33%||33 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 0%||8 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||21% / 33%||17 %||25 %|
|Scores %||75% / 83%||83 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||17% / 33%||17 %||17 %|
|Frist Goal %||38% / 50%||50 %||25 %|
|Possession %||53% / 46%||55 %||51 %|
|Corners||3.83 / 2.80||4.42||3.25|
|Cards||2.29 / 2.33||1.92||2.67|
|Offsides||2.50 / 2.00||3.17||1.83|
|Fouls||11.25 / 13.40||10.83||11.67|
|Shots||13.79 / 14.00||15.58||12.00|
|Shots on Target||5.08 / 5.40||6.00||4.17|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Málaga CF vs Sporting Gijón Odds
|HT 1||3.25||HT X||1.95||HT 2||3.75|
|Home Win Nil||3.60||Away Win Nil||4.60|
|Over 2.5||2.40||Under 2.5||1.57|
|BTTS Yes||2.10||BTTS NO||1.67|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.44||Under 9.5 Corners||1.53|