- England Premier League
- 18:00 Aston Villa vs Everton Iceland Úrvalsdeild
- 20:15 FH vs ÍA
- 20:15 Valur vs HK
- 20:15 Stjarnan vs Víkingur Reykjavík
- 20:15 Breidablik vs Keflavík Italy Serie A
- 19:45 Crotone vs Hellas Verona Italy Serie B
- 20:00 Venezia vs Chievo Norway Eliteserien
- 19:00 Rosenborg vs Viking Spain La Liga
- 18:00 Real Valladolid vs Villarreal
- 19:00 SD Eibar vs Real Betis
- 21:00 Granada CF vs Real Madrid Venezuela Primera División
- 22:00 Yaracuyanos vs Carabobo
Maritzburg United will welcome Baroka to Harry Gwala Stadium for a matchday 0 fixture in South Africa Premier Soccer League. The last meeting on 24th October 2020 ended in a Baroka 2-1 win. Both sides have met nine times in the most recent seasons. Maritzburg United has won 5 matches, and Baroka triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 2.22 goals, while both teams score 44% of the time.
Maritzburg United's latest fixture against Orlando Pirates ended in an away 2-0 loss. I expected more from Maritzburg United. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Baroka's previous game in the competition versus Chippa United ended in an away 1-0 win. Although Baroka countered for most of the game, it was more than enough to win. Baroka played better before halftime and scored in the 41st minute.
Since the start of the season, Maritzburg United is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 14 games on home soil. Although Maritzburg United is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 7% home clean sheets.
Baroka has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Baroka has collected 1.36 points on average per away game, compared to 1.00 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Baroka kept a clean sheet in just 29% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Maritzburg United or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.27 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 36% of Maritzburg United's home and Baroka's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Maritzburg United vs Baroka Betting Tips
Maritzburg United vs Baroka Head to Head
Average stats between Maritzburg United and Baroka in most recent 9 outings in the South Africa Premier Soccer League.
Maritzburg United vs Baroka Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Maritzburg United and Baroka across current season. Calculated from Maritzburg United's Home stats and Baroka's Away stats.
South Africa Premier Soccer League Form
- Coming into this game, Maritzburg United has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Maritzburg United has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Maritzburg United at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 6 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Baroka's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Maritzburg United from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 6 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 4 home matches this season.
- Maritzburg United will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Baroka, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Maritzburg United, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 13 matches (50% of all matches) involving Maritzburg United has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Baroka has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Baroka has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Baroka away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 6 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Baroka has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Baroka will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Maritzburg United, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Baroka has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/27 games for Baroka this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||27% / 33%||29 %||25 %|
|Draw %||27% / 17%||36 %||17 %|
|Loss %||46% / 50%||36 %||58 %|
|AVG Goals||2.31 / 2.00||2.57||2.00|
|Scored||1.04 / 0.83||1.29||0.75|
|Conceded||1.27 / 1.17||1.29||1.25|
|BTTS %||50% / 33%||64 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||12% / 17%||21 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 17%||7 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||8% / 0%||14 %||0 %|
|Scores %||65% / 50%||71 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||19% / 33%||7 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||54% / 50%||57 %||50 %|
|Possession %||44% / 29%||43 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.95 / 4.80||4.64||5.38|
|Cards||1.96 / 1.67||2.14||1.75|
|Offsides||2.21 / 1.60||2.82||1.38|
|Fouls||11.43 / 11.17||13.67||9.00|
|Shots||8.71 / 6.60||9.91||7.40|
|Shots on Target||4.62 / 4.00||5.09||4.10|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 17%||23 %||29 %|
|Draw %||41% / 50%||31 %||50 %|
|Loss %||33% / 33%||46 %||21 %|
|AVG Goals||2.19 / 2.33||2.38||2.00|
|Scored||0.96 / 1.00||0.92||1.00|
|Conceded||1.22 / 1.33||1.46||1.00|
|BTTS %||59% / 67%||69 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||19% / 17%||23 %||14 %|
|BTTS Loss||7% / 0%||15 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||7% / 17%||8 %||7 %|
|Scores %||67% / 67%||69 %||64 %|
|Clean Sheet %||15% / 0%||0 %||29 %|
|Frist Goal %||41% / 50%||31 %||50 %|
|Possession %||45% / 51%||43 %||47 %|
|Corners||4.21 / 7.00||3.25||4.60|
|Cards||1.65 / 1.50||1.38||1.92|
|Offsides||2.58 / 5.50||2.00||2.78|
|Fouls||7.04 / 6.33||3.64||9.92|
|Shots||7.50 / 11.00||5.75||8.90|
|Shots on Target||3.22 / 5.00||2.75||3.60|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Maritzburg United vs Baroka Odds
|HT 1||3.02||HT X||1.94||HT 2||3.98|
|Home Win Nil||3.40||Away Win Nil||4.60|
|Over 2.5||2.30||Under 2.5||1.51|
|BTTS Yes||2.05||BTTS NO||1.65|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|