Matsumoto Yamaga will welcome Machida Zelvia to Sunpro Alwin Stadium for a matchday 17 fixture in Japan J2 League. The last meeting on 15th November 2020 ended in a Matsumoto Yamaga 2-1 win. Both sides have met eight times in the most recent seasons. Matsumoto Yamaga has won 3 matches, and Machida Zelvia triumphed in 4. Recent outings average 2.25 goals, while both teams score 63% of the time.
Matsumoto Yamaga's last game in the Japan J2 League against Fagiano Okayama at home ended in a 1-3 loss. The final result is not a surprise. Matsumoto Yamaga played less with the ball and therefore had less clear cut chances. Matsumoto Yamaga scored in the second half in the 85th minute.
Machida Zelvia's recent game against Giravanz Kitakyushu ended in a home 0-1 loss. Machida Zelvia had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, Matsumoto Yamaga is more dominant at home. They have three wins out of 10 games on home soil. Although Matsumoto Yamaga is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 30% home clean sheets.
Machida Zelvia has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Machida Zelvia has collected 2.30 points on average per away game, compared to 0.89 at home.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Matsumoto Yamaga or Machida Zelvia to win.
Matsumoto Yamaga vs Machida Zelvia Betting Tips
Matsumoto Yamaga vs Machida Zelvia Head to Head
Average stats between Matsumoto Yamaga and Machida Zelvia in most recent 8 outings in the Japan J2 League.
Matsumoto Yamaga vs Machida Zelvia Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Matsumoto Yamaga and Machida Zelvia across current season. Calculated from Matsumoto Yamaga's Home stats and Machida Zelvia's Away stats.
Japan J2 League Form
- Coming into this game, Matsumoto Yamaga has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Matsumoto Yamaga has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Matsumoto Yamaga turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Matsumoto Yamaga recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Matsumoto Yamaga has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Matsumoto Yamaga has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/19 games for Matsumoto Yamaga this season.
- Matsumoto Yamaga will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.84 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Machida Zelvia has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Machida Zelvia has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Machida Zelvia away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 8 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Scoring is not an issue for Machida Zelvia when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 8 games they have played on the road. Can Matsumoto Yamaga stop this run?
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Machida Zelvia recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Machida Zelvia has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/19 games for Machida Zelvia this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||21% / 50%||30 %||11 %|
|Draw %||37% / 33%||40 %||33 %|
|Loss %||42% / 17%||30 %||56 %|
|AVG Goals||2.42 / 1.67||2.70||2.11|
|Scored||0.84 / 1.17||1.20||0.44|
|Conceded||1.58 / 0.50||1.50||1.67|
|BTTS %||47% / 33%||60 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||16% / 17%||20 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 0%||20 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||21% / 33%||30 %||11 %|
|Scores %||53% / 67%||70 %||33 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 50%||30 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||26% / 50%||40 %||11 %|
|Possession %||48% / 49%||47 %||48 %|
|Corners||3.74 / 5.67||2.80||4.78|
|Cards||0.95 / 0.67||0.90||1.00|
|Offsides||0.84 / 2.80||0.40||1.33|
|Fouls||9.21 / 10.80||8.90||9.56|
|Shots||8.84 / 14.83||8.90||8.78|
|Shots on Target||3.74 / 5.83||4.30||3.11|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||47% / 50%||22 %||70 %|
|Draw %||21% / 0%||22 %||20 %|
|Loss %||32% / 50%||56 %||10 %|
|AVG Goals||2.37 / 2.67||2.11||2.60|
|Scored||1.37 / 1.17||0.89||1.80|
|Conceded||1.00 / 1.50||1.22||0.80|
|BTTS %||42% / 33%||33 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 0%||11 %||30 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||26% / 17%||11 %||40 %|
|Scores %||68% / 83%||44 %||90 %|
|Clean Sheet %||26% / 50%||11 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||63% / 83%||33 %||90 %|
|Possession %||48% / 42%||49 %||48 %|
|Corners||4.47 / 3.17||3.89||5.00|
|Cards||0.89 / 1.00||1.11||0.70|
|Offsides||1.68 / 1.83||1.56||1.80|
|Fouls||9.16 / 10.50||10.00||8.40|
|Shots||10.21 / 9.00||9.00||11.30|
|Shots on Target||4.79 / 3.33||4.56||5.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Matsumoto Yamaga vs Machida Zelvia Odds
|HT 1||3.48||HT X||1.94||HT 2||3.68|
|Home Win Nil||3.85||Away Win Nil||3.95|
|Over 2.5||2.55||Under 2.5||1.49|
|BTTS Yes||2.20||BTTS NO||1.62|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.23||Under 9.5 Corners||1.57|