- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 Aïn M'lila vs CS Constantine
- 17:45 ASO Chlef vs NA Hussein Dey Belarus Vysheyshaya Liga
- 16:00 Slutsk vs Shakhtyor Egypt Egyptian Premier League
- 18:00 Wadi Degla vs El Gounah EURO 2020
- 14:00 Sweden vs Slovakia
- 17:00 Croatia vs Czech Republic
- 20:00 England vs Scotland Faroe Islands Faroe Islands Premier League
- 19:00 NSÍ vs B68 Finland Veikkausliiga
- 16:00 HJK vs Ilves
- 16:30 Inter Turku vs SJK Iceland 1. Deild
- 20:15 Grindavík vs Grótta Kazakhstan Kazakhstan Premier League
- 13:00 Kyzyl-Zhar vs Akzhayik
- 14:00 Shakhter Karagandy vs Taraz
- 15:00 Atyrau vs Astana
- 16:00 Ordabasy vs Aktobe Norway First Division
- 17:00 Raufoss vs Jerv
- 17:00 Sogndal vs Aalesund
- 17:00 Start vs Ullensaker - Kisa IL
- 19:00 Fredrikstad vs HamKam Republic of Ireland Premier Division
- 19:45 Dundalk vs Longford Town
- 19:45 Waterford vs Shamrock Rovers
- 19:45 St Patrick's Athl. vs Sligo Rovers
- 19:45 Bohemians vs Drogheda United
- 20:00 Finn Harps vs Derry City Venezuela Primera División
- 21:00 Zulia vs Estudiantes Mérida
Melbourne City FC will welcome Newcastle Jets FC to Netstrata Jubilee Stadium for a matchday 23 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 29th April 2021 ended in a Melbourne City FC 3-1 win. Both sides have met thirty-three times in the most recent seasons. Melbourne City FC has won 16 matches, and Newcastle Jets FC triumphed in 13. Recent outings average 3.30 goals, while both teams score 58% of the time.
Melbourne City FC's latest fixture against Brisbane Roar ended in an away 3-0 loss. Melbourne City FC dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it.
Newcastle Jets FC's recent game against Brisbane Roar ended in a home 1-2 loss. Jets's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. Newcastle Jets FC deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 61st minute.
Since the start of the season, Melbourne City FC is more dominant at home. They have ten wins out of 13 games on home soil. Although Melbourne City FC is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 31% home clean sheets.
Newcastle Jets FC has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Novocastrians has collected 1.15 points on average per away game, compared to 0.46 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Newcastle Jets FC kept a clean sheet in just 23% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Melbourne City FC lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 77% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Jets got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Thursday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Melbourne City FC wins on average 2.38 points per home game, compared to 1.15 points per away game for Newcastle Jets FC. My prediction is Melbourne City FC to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.17 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 67% of Melbourne City FC's home and Newcastle Jets FC's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. Melbourne City FC has scored in 100% of home games. Newcastle Jets FC is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Melbourne City FC vs Newcastle Jets FC Betting Tips
Melbourne City FC vs Newcastle Jets FC Head to Head
Average stats between Melbourne City FC and Newcastle Jets FC in most recent 33 outings in the Australia A-League.
Melbourne City FC vs Newcastle Jets FC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Melbourne City FC and Newcastle Jets FC across current season. Calculated from Melbourne City FC's Home stats and Newcastle Jets FC's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Melbourne City FC has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Melbourne City FC has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Melbourne City FC will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Melbourne City FC has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 13 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- In the last 5 matches for Melbourne City FC, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 16 matches (62% of all matches) involving Melbourne City FC has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Newcastle Jets FC has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Newcastle Jets FC has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Newcastle Jets FC has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Newcastle Jets FC has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Newcastle Jets FC ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Newcastle Jets FC, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 17 matches (65% of all matches) involving Newcastle Jets FC has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Newcastle Jets FC will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 6 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||58% / 67%||77 %||38 %|
|Draw %||15% / 0%||8 %||23 %|
|Loss %||27% / 33%||15 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||3.42 / 2.17||3.92||2.92|
|Scored||2.19 / 1.33||2.77||1.62|
|Conceded||1.23 / 0.83||1.15||1.31|
|BTTS %||62% / 33%||69 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||31% / 33%||46 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 0%||15 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||46% / 33%||62 %||31 %|
|Scores %||88% / 67%||100 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||27% / 33%||31 %||23 %|
|Frist Goal %||65% / 50%||69 %||62 %|
|Possession %||55% / 50%||55 %||55 %|
|Corners||7.12 / 5.83||7.38||6.85|
|Cards||1.62 / 1.83||1.62||1.62|
|Offsides||1.69 / 1.67||1.15||2.23|
|Fouls||12.00 / 11.33||12.54||11.46|
|Shots||17.15 / 13.67||18.15||16.15|
|Shots on Target||6.73 / 5.00||7.00||6.46|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||19% / 17%||8 %||31 %|
|Draw %||23% / 17%||23 %||23 %|
|Loss %||58% / 67%||69 %||46 %|
|AVG Goals||2.38 / 2.50||2.38||2.38|
|Scored||0.92 / 1.00||0.77||1.08|
|Conceded||1.46 / 1.50||1.62||1.31|
|BTTS %||65% / 83%||69 %||62 %|
|BTTS Win||8% / 17%||0 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||38% / 50%||46 %||31 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 17%||0 %||23 %|
|Scores %||77% / 83%||77 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||15% / 0%||8 %||23 %|
|Frist Goal %||31% / 17%||23 %||38 %|
|Possession %||47% / 51%||48 %||46 %|
|Corners||6.46 / 8.17||6.85||6.08|
|Cards||2.23 / 2.33||2.46||2.00|
|Offsides||1.46 / 1.00||1.77||1.15|
|Fouls||13.08 / 13.50||13.62||12.54|
|Shots||13.69 / 14.17||15.62||11.77|
|Shots on Target||4.81 / 5.50||5.38||4.23|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Melbourne City FC vs Newcastle Jets FC Odds
|HT 1||1.67||HT X||2.88||HT 2||7.50|
|Home Win Nil||2.35||Away Win Nil||12.00|
|Over 2.5||1.70||Under 2.5||2.05|
|BTTS Yes||1.87||BTTS NO||1.91|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.28||Under 9.5 Corners||3.40|