Melbourne Victory FC will welcome Melbourne City FC to AAMI Park for a matchday 24 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 17th April 2021 ended in a Melbourne City FC 7-0 win. Both sides have met thirty-three times in the most recent seasons. Melbourne Victory FC has won 13 matches, and Melbourne City FC triumphed in 12. Recent outings average 3.12 goals, while both teams score 67% of the time.
Melbourne Victory FC's latest fixture against Western United ended in an away 6-1 win. Victory was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. Melbourne Victory FC scored in both halves in the 12nd, 22nd, 33rd, 36th, 50th and 82nd minute.
Melbourne City FC's previous game in the competition versus Brisbane Roar ended in an away 3-0 loss. Melbourne City FC didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game.
Since the start of the season, Melbourne Victory FC is more dominant at home. They have three wins out of 13 games on home soil. Although Melbourne Victory FC is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 8% home clean sheets.
Melbourne City FC has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Melbourne City FC wins 1.38 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Melbourne City FC kept a clean sheet in just 23% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Victory has won just 23% of home games. On average they score 1.31 goals and concede 2.31 per game. Melbourne City FC is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Melbourne Victory FC wins on average 0.85 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Melbourne City FC. My prediction is Melbourne City FC to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.38 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 59% of Melbourne Victory FC's home and Melbourne City FC's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Melbourne Victory FC failed to keep a clean sheet in 8% of home games, while Melbourne City FC conceded in 23% of away games. On average, both teams score in 54% of Melbourne Victory FC's home and Melbourne City FC's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Melbourne Victory FC vs Melbourne City FC Betting Tips
Melbourne Victory FC vs Melbourne City FC Head to Head
Average stats between Melbourne Victory FC and Melbourne City FC in most recent 33 outings in the Australia A-League.
Melbourne Victory FC vs Melbourne City FC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Melbourne Victory FC and Melbourne City FC across current season. Calculated from Melbourne Victory FC's Home stats and Melbourne City FC's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Melbourne Victory FC has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Melbourne Victory FC has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Melbourne Victory FC has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Melbourne Victory FC recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Melbourne Victory FC has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 8 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Melbourne Victory FC, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (58% of all matches) involving Melbourne Victory FC has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Melbourne City FC has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Melbourne City FC has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Melbourne City FC ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Melbourne City FC has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/27 games for Melbourne City FC this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||19% / 33%||23 %||15 %|
|Draw %||15% / 17%||15 %||15 %|
|Loss %||65% / 50%||62 %||69 %|
|AVG Goals||3.50 / 3.00||3.62||3.38|
|Scored||1.19 / 1.17||1.31||1.08|
|Conceded||2.31 / 1.83||2.31||2.31|
|BTTS %||58% / 67%||62 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 33%||15 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||31% / 17%||31 %||31 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 0%||23 %||8 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||69 %||54 %|
|Clean Sheet %||8% / 0%||8 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||27% / 33%||38 %||15 %|
|Possession %||45% / 49%||45 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.77 / 3.50||5.00||4.54|
|Cards||2.62 / 2.67||2.54||2.69|
|Offsides||1.54 / 1.50||1.92||1.15|
|Fouls||11.46 / 10.33||11.08||11.85|
|Shots||10.35 / 7.67||10.85||9.85|
|Shots on Target||4.69 / 3.83||5.00||4.38|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||59% / 67%||79 %||38 %|
|Draw %||15% / 0%||7 %||23 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||14 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||3.37 / 2.17||3.79||2.92|
|Scored||2.19 / 1.33||2.71||1.62|
|Conceded||1.19 / 0.83||1.07||1.31|
|BTTS %||59% / 33%||64 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||30% / 33%||43 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 0%||14 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||44% / 33%||56 %||31 %|
|Scores %||89% / 67%||100 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 33%||36 %||23 %|
|Frist Goal %||67% / 50%||71 %||62 %|
|Possession %||55% / 50%||55 %||55 %|
|Corners||7.07 / 5.83||7.29||6.85|
|Cards||1.67 / 1.83||1.71||1.62|
|Offsides||1.74 / 1.67||1.29||2.23|
|Fouls||12.15 / 11.33||12.79||11.46|
|Shots||16.81 / 13.67||17.43||16.15|
|Shots on Target||6.63 / 5.00||6.79||6.46|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Melbourne Victory FC vs Melbourne City FC Odds
|HT 1||4.00||HT X||2.40||HT 2||2.30|
|Home Win Nil||7.50||Away Win Nil||3.55|
|Over 2.5||1.53||Under 2.5||2.45|
|BTTS Yes||1.65||BTTS NO||2.20|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.33||Under 9.5 Corners||3.04|