- England Championship
- 20:45 Fulham vs Birmingham City
- 20:45 Preston North End vs Sheffield United England EFL League One
- 20:45 Morecambe vs Wigan Athletic
- 20:45 Cambridge United vs Doncaster Rovers England EFL League Two
- 20:45 Port Vale vs Salford City
- 20:45 Stevenage vs Crawley Town England National League
- 20:45 Stockport County vs Eastleigh England Premier League
- 21:00 Brighton & Hove Albion vs Chelsea India Indian Super League
- 14:00 NorthEast United vs Odisha FC Indonesia Liga 1
- 09:15 PSS Sleman vs Madura United
- 09:15 PSM vs Persik Kediri
- 12:15 Borneo vs Persib Malta Maltese Premier League
- 17:00 Sliema Wanderers vs Gzira United Portugal LigaPro
- 21:15 Sporting Covilhã vs CD Feirense Scotland Premiership
- 20:45 Aberdeen vs Rangers
- 20:45 Dundee United vs St. Mirren
- 20:45 Hearts vs St. Johnstone
- 20:45 Livingston vs Dundee
- 20:45 Ross County vs Motherwell Spain La Liga
- 20:00 Real Betis vs Deportivo Alavés Turkey Süper Lig
- 14:00 Gazişehir Gaziantep vs Yeni Malatyaspor
- 17:00 Fatih Karagümrük vs Beşiktaş
- 17:00 Konyaspor vs Adana Demirspor
Middlesbrough will welcome Reading to Riverside Stadium for a matchday 27 fixture in England Championship. The last meeting on 25th September 2021 ended in a Reading 1-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-three times in the most recent seasons. Middlesbrough has won 11 matches, and Reading triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 2.04 goals, while both teams score 35% of the time.
Middlesbrough's latest fixture against Blackpool ended in an away 2-1 win. Middlesbrough was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. Middlesbrough was much better than Blackpool in the second half and scored in the 60th and 90+3 minute.
Reading's recent game against Fulham ended in a home 0-7 loss. The Royals's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances.
Since the start of the season, Middlesbrough is more dominant at home. They have eight wins out of 14 games on home soil. The Boro's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 43% of home games.
Reading has picked up 5 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Reading wins 1.00 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Reading kept a clean sheet in just 8% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won four consecutive matches. Middlesbrough is currently unbeaten at home in four games. Since the start of the season, they have just four home defeats.
The Royals failed to win in two consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against Middlesbrough. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost two consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Middlesbrough wins on average 1.86 points per home game, compared to 1.00 points per away game for Reading. My prediction is Middlesbrough to win.
Middlesbrough vs Reading Betting Tips
Middlesbrough vs Reading Head to Head
Average stats between Middlesbrough and Reading in most recent 23 outings in the England Championship.
Middlesbrough vs Reading Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Middlesbrough and Reading across current season. Calculated from Middlesbrough's Home stats and Reading's Away stats.
England Championship Form
- Coming into this game, Middlesbrough has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Middlesbrough has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Middlesbrough is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Reading's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Middlesbrough from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Middlesbrough as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Middlesbrough has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 10 occasions.
- Middlesbrough is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Reading, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 6 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Middlesbrough has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/25 games for Middlesbrough this season.
- Coming into this game, Reading has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Reading has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Reading recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Reading, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 13 matches (54% of all matches) involving Reading has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||46% / 83%||57 %||33 %|
|Draw %||23% / 17%||14 %||33 %|
|Loss %||31% / 0%||29 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.15 / 2.33||2.36||1.92|
|Scored||1.19 / 1.67||1.43||0.92|
|Conceded||0.96 / 0.67||0.93||1.00|
|BTTS %||46% / 50%||50 %||42 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 50%||14 %||17 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 0%||21 %||8 %|
|Scored in Both||23% / 33%||28 %||17 %|
|Scores %||77% / 83%||93 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||38% / 50%||43 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||65% / 67%||79 %||50 %|
|Possession %||47% / 50%||47 %||46 %|
|Corners||5.54 / 5.20||6.71||4.17|
|Cards||2.38 / 2.17||1.64||3.25|
|Offsides||1.88 / 1.50||2.50||1.09|
|Fouls||10.31 / 10.60||10.21||10.42|
|Shots||12.85 / 12.60||13.93||11.58|
|Shots on Target||5.35 / 5.20||5.86||4.75|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||32% / 0%||31 %||33 %|
|Draw %||16% / 33%||31 %||0 %|
|Loss %||52% / 67%||38 %||67 %|
|AVG Goals||3.00 / 3.33||3.31||2.67|
|Scored||1.20 / 0.83||1.38||1.00|
|Conceded||1.80 / 2.50||1.92||1.67|
|BTTS %||56% / 67%||62 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 0%||15 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 33%||15 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 17%||31 %||25 %|
|Scores %||68% / 67%||77 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||12% / 0%||15 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||44% / 67%||54 %||33 %|
|Possession %||47% / 43%||47 %||48 %|
|Corners||3.16 / 2.00||3.38||2.92|
|Cards||1.52 / 2.17||1.31||1.75|
|Offsides||2.33 / 1.75||2.83||1.83|
|Fouls||10.00 / 9.50||10.69||9.25|
|Shots||10.76 / 9.40||11.23||10.25|
|Shots on Target||4.36 / 3.60||4.92||3.75|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Middlesbrough vs Reading Odds
|HT 1||2.10||HT X||2.20||HT 2||7.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.20||Away Win Nil||9.50|
|Over 2.5||2.15||Under 2.5||1.61|
|BTTS Yes||2.20||BTTS NO||1.62|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.98||Under 9.5 Corners||1.70|