- Armenia Armenian Premier League
- 16:00 Ararat vs Alashkert Denmark Superliga
- 18:00 Nordsjælland vs København Egypt Egyptian Premier League
- 20:30 El Gounah vs Aswan FC
- 20:30 Smouha SC vs Wadi Degla
- 20:30 Al Ahly vs Zamalek England Premier League
- 20:00 Fulham vs Burnley France National
- 19:45 Quevilly Rouen vs Bastia
- 19:45 Annecy vs Boulogne
- 19:45 Créteil vs Laval
- 19:45 Avranches vs Sète
- 19:45 Red Star vs Bastia-Borgo Germany 2. Bundesliga
- 19:30 Hamburger SV vs Nürnberg Germany 3. Liga
- 18:00 Waldhof Mannheim vs Hallescher FC Italy Serie B
- 13:00 Chievo vs Ascoli
- 13:00 Pordenone vs Cosenza
- 13:00 SPAL vs Cremonese
- 13:00 Reggina vs Frosinone
- 13:00 Empoli vs Lecce
- 13:00 Pescara vs Salernitana
- 13:00 Cittadella vs Venezia
- 13:00 Pisa vs Virtus Entella
- 13:00 Monza vs Brescia Mexico Liga MX
- 01:00 León vs Toluca
- 03:15 Pachuca vs Guadalajara Paraguay Division Profesional
- 01:00 Guaireña vs River Plate Poland Ekstraklasa
- 17:00 Raków Częstochowa vs Piast Gliwice Portugal Liga NOS
- 18:00 Portimonense vs Moreirense FC
- 20:15 Porto vs Farense Portugal LigaPro
- 17:00 Academico Viseu vs Vilafranquense Russia Russian Premier League
- 14:30 Ural vs Rostov
- 17:00 Spartak Moskva vs Khimki Spain La Liga
- 20:00 Real Betis vs Granada CF Spain Segunda División
- 18:00 Rayo Vallecano vs Leganés
- 20:00 Sporting Gijón vs CD Lugo Sweden Allsvenskan
- 17:30 Norrköping vs AIK Sweden Superettan
- 17:30 Trelleborg vs Akropolis
- 17:30 Värnamo vs GAIS Switzerland Challenge League
- 19:00 Stade Lausanne-Ouchy vs Neuchâtel Xamax
- 19:00 Winterthur vs Grasshopper
Middlesbrough will welcome Sheffield Wednesday to Riverside Stadium for a matchday 44 fixture in England Championship. The last meeting on 29th December 2020 ended in a Sheffield Wednesday 2-1 win. Both sides have met eighteen times in the most recent seasons. Middlesbrough has won 9 matches, and Sheffield Wednesday triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 2.61 goals, while both teams score 56% of the time.
Middlesbrough's latest fixture against Rotherham United ended in an away 2-1 win. Middlesbrough was very dangerous in attack, having attempted six shots on target. Middlesbrough scored in both halves in the 33rd and 55th minute.
Sheffield Wednesday's recent game against Blackburn Rovers ended in a home 1-0 win. Although The Owls didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Sheffield Wednesday put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 37th minute.
Since the start of the season, Middlesbrough is more dominant at home. They have eleven wins out of 23 games on home soil. Although Middlesbrough is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 35% home clean sheets.
Sheffield Wednesday has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Sheffield Wednesday wins 0.65 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Sheffield Wednesday kept a clean sheet in just 9% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Middlesbrough lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 48% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
The Owls failed to win in four consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against Middlesbrough.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Middlesbrough wins on average 1.61 points per home game, compared to 0.65 points per away game for Sheffield Wednesday. My prediction is Middlesbrough to win.
Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Betting Tips
Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Head to Head
Average stats between Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday in most recent 18 outings in the England Championship.
Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Middlesbrough and Sheffield Wednesday across current season. Calculated from Middlesbrough's Home stats and Sheffield Wednesday's Away stats.
England Championship Form
- Coming into this game, Middlesbrough has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Middlesbrough has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for Middlesbrough ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Middlesbrough, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 23 matches (50% of all matches) involving Middlesbrough has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Sheffield Wednesday has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Sheffield Wednesday has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sheffield Wednesday has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Sheffield Wednesday will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Middlesbrough, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- Sheffield Wednesday has fired blanks in 18 games this season. That's 39% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 6 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Sheffield Wednesday, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 19 matches (41% of all matches) involving Sheffield Wednesday has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||39% / 33%||48 %||30 %|
|Draw %||22% / 33%||17 %||26 %|
|Loss %||39% / 33%||35 %||43 %|
|AVG Goals||2.35 / 2.67||2.39||2.30|
|Scored||1.20 / 1.33||1.30||1.09|
|Conceded||1.15 / 1.33||1.09||1.22|
|BTTS %||50% / 83%||43 %||57 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 33%||17 %||22 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||13 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||26% / 33%||26 %||26 %|
|Scores %||70% / 83%||74 %||65 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 0%||35 %||22 %|
|Frist Goal %||37% / 17%||48 %||26 %|
|Possession %||47% / 49%||46 %||48 %|
|Corners||5.96 / 8.20||5.86||6.04|
|Cards||1.41 / 0.67||1.26||1.57|
|Offsides||2.32 / 2.00||2.05||2.59|
|Fouls||10.20 / 10.40||9.68||10.70|
|Shots||12.29 / 13.60||12.41||12.17|
|Shots on Target||4.00 / 5.00||4.64||3.39|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 50%||35 %||17 %|
|Draw %||24% / 17%||35 %||13 %|
|Loss %||50% / 33%||30 %||70 %|
|AVG Goals||2.20 / 2.17||1.70||2.70|
|Scored||0.87 / 1.00||0.96||0.78|
|Conceded||1.33 / 1.17||0.74||1.91|
|BTTS %||41% / 33%||39 %||43 %|
|BTTS Win||7% / 17%||4 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 0%||17 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 17%||9 %||13 %|
|Scores %||61% / 67%||70 %||52 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 33%||48 %||9 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 67%||61 %||43 %|
|Possession %||45% / 38%||46 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.16 / 2.40||4.17||4.14|
|Cards||1.76 / 0.67||1.74||1.78|
|Offsides||1.78 / 1.60||1.85||1.70|
|Fouls||11.19 / 8.40||11.57||10.82|
|Shots||10.76 / 8.20||11.43||10.05|
|Shots on Target||3.80 / 4.40||4.52||3.05|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Middlesbrough vs Sheffield Wednesday Odds
|HT 1||2.80||HT X||1.95||HT 2||4.25|
|Home Win Nil||3.25||Away Win Nil||5.25|
|Over 2.5||2.15||Under 2.5||1.69|
|BTTS Yes||1.87||BTTS NO||1.83|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.90||Under 9.5 Corners||1.90|