Montedio Yamagata will welcome Renofa Yamaguchi to ND Soft Stadium for a matchday 18 fixture in Japan J2 League. The last meeting on 20th December 2020 ended in a Montedio Yamagata 2-0 win. Both sides have met ten times in the most recent seasons. Montedio Yamagata has won 5 matches, and Renofa Yamaguchi triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 2.40 goals, while both teams score 40% of the time.
Montedio Yamagata's latest fixture against JEF United ended in an away 1-1 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day. Montedio Yamagata was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 79 minute.
Renofa Yamaguchi's recent game against Ehime ended in a home 2-2 draw. The strikers had plenty of good goal-scoring opportunities. They should have done better to earn their team three points instead of one. Renofa Yamaguchi pushed forward in the second half and scored in the 65th and 87th minute.
So far, Montedio Yamagata plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.70 points per away game on average compared to 1.44 points at home. Montedio Yamagata's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 44% of home games.
Renofa Yamaguchi has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Renofa Yamaguchi has collected 1.20 points on average per away game, compared to 1.00 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Renofa Yamaguchi kept a clean sheet in just 30% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won three consecutive matches. Montedio Yamagata is currently unbeaten at home in five games. Since the start of the season, they have just four home defeats.
Renofa Yamaguchi failed to win in four consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Sunday and win against Montedio Yamagata.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Montedio Yamagata wins on average 1.44 points per home game, compared to 1.20 points per away game for Renofa Yamaguchi. My prediction is Montedio Yamagata to win.
Montedio Yamagata vs Renofa Yamaguchi Betting Tips
Montedio Yamagata vs Renofa Yamaguchi Head to Head
Average stats between Montedio Yamagata and Renofa Yamaguchi in most recent 10 outings in the Japan J2 League.
Montedio Yamagata vs Renofa Yamaguchi Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Montedio Yamagata and Renofa Yamaguchi across current season. Calculated from Montedio Yamagata's Home stats and Renofa Yamaguchi's Away stats.
Japan J2 League Form
- Coming into this game, Montedio Yamagata has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Montedio Yamagata has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Montedio Yamagata is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Montedio Yamagata at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Renofa Yamaguchi's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Montedio Yamagata from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 6 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Montedio Yamagata as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Montedio Yamagata has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 9 occasions.
- Montedio Yamagata is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Renofa Yamaguchi, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 8 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Montedio Yamagata has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 7/19 games for Montedio Yamagata this season.
- It's likely that Montedio Yamagata will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Renofa Yamaguchi has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Renofa Yamaguchi has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Renofa Yamaguchi ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Renofa Yamaguchi turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 3 draws and 2 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Renofa Yamaguchi recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Renofa Yamaguchi has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 42% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 5 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Renofa Yamaguchi, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 7 matches (37% of all matches) involving Renofa Yamaguchi has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||42% / 50%||44 %||40 %|
|Draw %||32% / 17%||11 %||50 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||44 %||10 %|
|AVG Goals||1.84 / 2.00||2.22||1.50|
|Scored||1.05 / 1.17||1.11||1.00|
|Conceded||0.79 / 0.83||1.11||0.50|
|BTTS %||37% / 17%||33 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 17%||0 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 0%||22 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||26% / 17%||22 %||30 %|
|Scores %||74% / 50%||78 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||47% / 50%||44 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||63% / 33%||78 %||50 %|
|Possession %||52% / 52%||52 %||53 %|
|Corners||5.47 / 6.33||6.11||4.90|
|Cards||0.53 / 0.67||0.44||0.60|
|Offsides||1.42 / 1.83||1.56||1.30|
|Fouls||10.16 / 10.83||11.89||8.60|
|Shots||10.21 / 10.33||11.67||8.90|
|Shots on Target||4.47 / 3.67||5.33||3.70|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 33%||22 %||30 %|
|Draw %||32% / 0%||33 %||30 %|
|Loss %||42% / 67%||44 %||40 %|
|AVG Goals||1.95 / 2.67||1.44||2.40|
|Scored||0.79 / 1.00||0.56||1.00|
|Conceded||1.16 / 1.67||0.89||1.40|
|BTTS %||37% / 33%||22 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 17%||0 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||16% / 17%||11 %||20 %|
|Scored in Both||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Scores %||58% / 50%||44 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||37% / 17%||44 %||30 %|
|Frist Goal %||42% / 17%||22 %||60 %|
|Possession %||54% / 49%||56 %||52 %|
|Corners||4.47 / 5.33||4.78||4.20|
|Cards||1.05 / 0.67||1.22||0.90|
|Offsides||1.42 / 2.17||1.33||1.50|
|Fouls||9.58 / 10.67||9.56||9.60|
|Shots||9.26 / 10.00||9.78||8.80|
|Shots on Target||4.11 / 4.17||4.11||4.10|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Montedio Yamagata vs Renofa Yamaguchi Odds
|HT 1||2.48||HT X||2.10||HT 2||5.10|
|Home Win Nil||2.70||Away Win Nil||6.00|
|Over 2.5||2.20||Under 2.5||1.61|
|BTTS Yes||2.10||BTTS NO||1.69|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.98||Under 9.5 Corners||1.83|