Morecambe will welcome Newport County to Wembley Stadium for a matchday 0 fixture in England EFL League Two. The last meeting on 13th March 2021 ended in a Newport County 3-1 win. Both sides have met twelve times in the most recent seasons. Morecambe has won 3 matches, and Newport County triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 2.42 goals, while both teams score 83% of the time.
Morecambe's last game in the England EFL League Two against Tranmere Rovers at home ended in a 1-1 draw. They counterattacked for most of the game and were more dangerous. Morecambe scored before halftime in the 9th minute.
Newport County's previous game in the competition versus Forest Green Rovers ended in an away 4-3 loss. Ironsides didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game. Newport County was pretty good in both halves and scored in the 70th, 76th and 119th minute.
Since the start of the season, Seasiders is more dominant at home. They have fourteen wins out of 25 games on home soil. Although Morecambe is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 28% home clean sheets.
Newport County has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Newport County wins 1.16 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Newport County kept a clean sheet in just 28% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Newport County.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.5 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 47% of Morecambe's home and Newport County's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Morecambe vs Newport County Betting Tips
Morecambe vs Newport County Head to Head
Average stats between Morecambe and Newport County in most recent 12 outings in the England EFL League Two.
Morecambe vs Newport County Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Morecambe and Newport County across current season. Calculated from Morecambe's Home stats and Newport County's Away stats.
England EFL League Two Form
- Coming into this game, Morecambe has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Morecambe has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Morecambe has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Newport County's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Morecambe from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Morecambe as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Morecambe has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 12 occasions.
- Morecambe is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Newport County, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 8 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Morecambe has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 30/49 games for Morecambe this season.
- It's likely that Morecambe will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Newport County has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Newport County has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Newport County has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 25/49 games for Newport County this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||51% / 50%||56 %||46 %|
|Draw %||20% / 17%||24 %||17 %|
|Loss %||29% / 33%||20 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||2.71 / 2.83||2.72||2.71|
|Scored||1.47 / 1.50||1.56||1.38|
|Conceded||1.24 / 1.33||1.16||1.33|
|BTTS %||61% / 33%||60 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||27% / 17%||28 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 0%||8 %||21 %|
|Scored in Both||27% / 33%||24 %||28 %|
|Scores %||86% / 67%||88 %||83 %|
|Clean Sheet %||24% / 33%||28 %||21 %|
|Frist Goal %||49% / 33%||56 %||42 %|
|Possession %||41% / 38%||42 %||41 %|
|Corners||4.69 / 5.00||5.24||4.13|
|Cards||1.86 / 1.83||1.88||1.83|
|Offsides||1.61 / 1.40||1.75||1.45|
|Fouls||9.59 / 9.20||10.08||9.08|
|Shots||12.84 / 12.80||13.16||12.50|
|Shots on Target||2.80 / 3.00||3.08||2.50|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||43% / 0%||58 %||28 %|
|Draw %||27% / 67%||21 %||32 %|
|Loss %||31% / 33%||21 %||40 %|
|AVG Goals||2.22 / 2.83||1.92||2.52|
|Scored||1.27 / 1.17||1.21||1.32|
|Conceded||0.96 / 1.67||0.71||1.20|
|BTTS %||51% / 83%||38 %||64 %|
|BTTS Win||14% / 0%||25 %||4 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 33%||4 %||32 %|
|Scored in Both||16% / 0%||21 %||12 %|
|Scores %||80% / 83%||71 %||88 %|
|Clean Sheet %||37% / 17%||46 %||28 %|
|Frist Goal %||59% / 67%||54 %||64 %|
|Possession %||52% / 48%||55 %||50 %|
|Corners||5.10 / 5.20||5.54||4.67|
|Cards||1.31 / 1.17||1.29||1.32|
|Offsides||1.60 / 0.80||1.71||1.48|
|Fouls||9.41 / 6.80||8.33||10.59|
|Shots||13.00 / 11.40||14.13||11.88|
|Shots on Target||4.63 / 3.40||4.71||4.54|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Morecambe vs Newport County Odds
|HT 1||3.50||HT X||2.05||HT 2||3.20|
|Home Win Nil||4.40||Away Win Nil||3.85|
|Over 2.5||2.25||Under 2.5||1.60|
|BTTS Yes||2.00||BTTS NO||1.77|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.90||Under 9.5 Corners||1.90|