Moroka Swallows will welcome Stellenbosch to Volkswagen Dobsonville Stadium for a matchday 0 fixture in South Africa Premier Soccer League. The last meeting on 25th October 2020 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met one time in the most recent seasons. Moroka Swallows has won 0 matches, and Stellenbosch failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 100% of the time.
Moroka Swallows's latest fixture against Kaizer Chiefs ended in an away 1-1 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day. Moroka Swallows set the tone early and scored in the 8 minute.
Stellenbosch's recent game against Orlando Pirates ended in a home 0-0 draw. The midfielders disappointed the rest of the squad. They constantly failed to keep possession and didn't create much for the strikers.
Since the start of the season, Moroka Swallows is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 15 games on home soil. Moroka Swallows's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 53% of home games.
Stellenbosch has picked up 4 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Stellenbosch has collected 1.07 points on average per away game, compared to 0.87 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Stellenbosch kept a clean sheet in just 27% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Moroka Swallows or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 1.95 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 27% of Moroka Swallows's home and Stellenbosch's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 52% of Moroka Swallows's home and Stellenbosch's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Moroka Swallows vs Stellenbosch Betting Tips
Moroka Swallows vs Stellenbosch Head to Head
Average stats between Moroka Swallows and Stellenbosch in most recent 1 outings in the South Africa Premier Soccer League.
Moroka Swallows vs Stellenbosch Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Moroka Swallows and Stellenbosch across current season. Calculated from Moroka Swallows's Home stats and Stellenbosch's Away stats.
South Africa Premier Soccer League Form
- Coming into this game, Moroka Swallows has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Moroka Swallows has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Moroka Swallows at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 15 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Moroka Swallows will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Stellenbosch, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 0 and drawn 4
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Moroka Swallows recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Moroka Swallows has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 19/30 games for Moroka Swallows this season.
- Coming into this game, Stellenbosch has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Stellenbosch has scored 0 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Stellenbosch has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Momentum is really building for Stellenbosch as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 0 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Stellenbosch has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 9 occasions.
- Stellenbosch will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Moroka Swallows, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 0 and drawn 4
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Stellenbosch recently, with the side failing to score in 5 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Stellenbosch has fired blanks in 12 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 0 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Stellenbosch has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 15/30 games for Stellenbosch this season.
- Stellenbosch will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 6 matches. During the last five games they have scored 0 times and overall this season they have scored 0.87 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||27% / 33%||33 %||20 %|
|Draw %||67% / 67%||67 %||67 %|
|Loss %||7% / 0%||0 %||13 %|
|AVG Goals||1.80 / 1.67||1.47||2.13|
|Scored||1.03 / 1.00||0.93||1.13|
|Conceded||0.77 / 0.67||0.53||1.00|
|BTTS %||63% / 67%||47 %||80 %|
|BTTS Win||7% / 0%||7 %||7 %|
|BTTS Loss||3% / 0%||0 %||7 %|
|Scored in Both||10% / 0%||13 %||7 %|
|Scores %||83% / 100%||73 %||93 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 33%||53 %||13 %|
|Frist Goal %||60% / 50%||60 %||60 %|
|Possession %||48% / 38%||47 %||49 %|
|Corners||4.55 / 3.25||4.92||4.10|
|Cards||1.55 / 1.33||1.40||1.71|
|Offsides||2.84 / 2.67||2.91||2.75|
|Fouls||7.92 / 9.20||9.38||6.46|
|Shots||6.68 / 8.75||6.54||6.83|
|Shots on Target||3.40 / 5.00||3.00||3.83|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||17% / 0%||13 %||20 %|
|Draw %||47% / 50%||47 %||47 %|
|Loss %||37% / 50%||40 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||1.93 / 2.83||1.93||1.93|
|Scored||0.87 / 1.17||0.87||0.87|
|Conceded||1.07 / 1.67||1.07||1.07|
|BTTS %||50% / 83%||53 %||47 %|
|BTTS Win||7% / 0%||0 %||13 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 50%||27 %||7 %|
|Scored in Both||13% / 17%||7 %||20 %|
|Scores %||60% / 83%||67 %||53 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 17%||33 %||27 %|
|Frist Goal %||30% / 50%||27 %||33 %|
|Possession %||44% / 49%||45 %||43 %|
|Corners||4.06 / 4.75||4.50||3.43|
|Cards||1.86 / 1.00||2.27||1.43|
|Offsides||2.00 / 3.00||2.11||1.83|
|Fouls||8.50 / 5.67||9.83||6.90|
|Shots||8.33 / 12.25||9.82||6.70|
|Shots on Target||3.05 / 4.00||3.09||3.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Moroka Swallows vs Stellenbosch Odds
|HT 1||2.75||HT X||1.83||HT 2||5.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.70||Away Win Nil||5.25|
|Over 2.5||3.04||Under 2.5||1.35|
|BTTS Yes||2.35||BTTS NO||1.50|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|