On 17th January 2021, Motherwell and Rangers go head to head in the Scotland Premiership at the Fir Park (Motherwell). The last meeting on 19th December 2020 ended with the following result: Rangers 3 - 1 Motherwell.
Both sides have met 15 times in the most recent seasons based on the data that we have of them. Out of 15 previous encounters, Motherwell have won 1 matches, Rangers triumphed in 11, while 3 matches have ended in a draw. Recent outings between Motherwell and Rangers average 3.47 goals while BTTS lands 60% of the time.
So far this season in the Scotland Premiership, Motherwell have averaged 0.75 Points Per Game at home fixtures and Rangers average 2.57 Points Per Game at away fixtures.
- Coming into this game, Motherwell has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Motherwell has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 7 games for Motherwell ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Motherwell recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Motherwell has fired blanks in 11 games this season. That's 46% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 4 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Motherwell, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 9 matches (38% of all matches) involving Motherwell has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Rangers has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Rangers has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Rangers away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 14 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Scoring is not an issue for Rangers when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 12 games they have played on the road. Can Motherwell stop this run?
- Momentum is really building for Rangers as they have now gone 26 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Rangers has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 2 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 20 occasions.
- Rangers is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Motherwell, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 10 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Rangers has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 6/26 games for Rangers this season.
- It's likely that Rangers will score today, as they have netted in the last 22 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
Motherwell vs Rangers Head to Head
Average stats between Motherwell and Rangers in most recent 15 outings in the Scotland Premiership.
Motherwell vs Rangers Statistics
Average stats between Motherwell and Rangers across current season.
* Calculated from Motherwell's Home stats and Rangers's Away stats.
Scotland Premiership League Table
Motherwell vs Rangers Odds
Upcoming Predictions for Today
More tips coming soon.