Nagoya Grampus will welcome Vegalta Sendai to Toyota Stadium for a matchday 16 fixture in Japan J1 League. The last meeting on 24th October 2020 ended in a Nagoya Grampus 1-0 win. Both sides have met eighteen times in the most recent seasons. Nagoya Grampus has won 5 matches, and Vegalta Sendai triumphed in 9. Recent outings average 2.44 goals, while both teams score 44% of the time.
Nagoya Grampus's latest fixture against Tokushima Vortis ended in an away 0-0 draw. They were not spectacular, so this result seems fair.
Vegalta Sendai's recent game against Oita Trinita ended in a home 2-1 win. Although Vegalta Sendai didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Vegalta Sendai had good chances in both halves and scored in the 5th and 74th minute.
So far, Nagoya Grampus plays better on the road than at home. They win 2.10 points per away game on average compared to 1.60 points at home. Nagoya's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 60% of home games.
Vegalta Sendai has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Vegalta Sendai wins 0.60 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Vegalta Sendai kept a clean sheet in just 10% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Nagoya Grampus lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 50% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Vegalta Sendai got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Wednesday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Nagoya Grampus wins on average 1.60 points per home game, compared to 0.60 points per away game for Vegalta Sendai. My prediction is Nagoya Grampus to win.
Nagoya Grampus vs Vegalta Sendai Betting Tips
Nagoya Grampus vs Vegalta Sendai Head to Head
Average stats between Nagoya Grampus and Vegalta Sendai in most recent 18 outings in the Japan J1 League.
Nagoya Grampus vs Vegalta Sendai Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Nagoya Grampus and Vegalta Sendai across current season. Calculated from Nagoya Grampus's Home stats and Vegalta Sendai's Away stats.
Japan J1 League Form
- Coming into this game, Nagoya Grampus has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Nagoya Grampus has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Nagoya Grampus has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 14 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Nagoya Grampus recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Nagoya Grampus has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 3/20 games for Nagoya Grampus this season.
- Nagoya Grampus will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 3 matches. During the last five games they have scored 3 times and overall this season they have scored 1.1 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Vegalta Sendai has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Vegalta Sendai has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Vegalta Sendai has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Momentum is really building for Vegalta Sendai as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 2 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Vegalta Sendai will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Nagoya Grampus, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Vegalta Sendai, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (56% of all matches) involving Vegalta Sendai has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Vegalta Sendai will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 5 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||55% / 67%||50 %||60 %|
|Draw %||20% / 33%||10 %||30 %|
|Loss %||25% / 0%||40 %||10 %|
|AVG Goals||1.75 / 1.17||1.80||1.70|
|Scored||1.10 / 1.00||0.90||1.30|
|Conceded||0.65 / 0.17||0.90||0.40|
|BTTS %||15% / 17%||10 %||20 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 17%||0 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||10% / 0%||10 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||20% / 17%||10 %||30 %|
|Scores %||65% / 67%||60 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||70% / 83%||60 %||80 %|
|Frist Goal %||55% / 67%||50 %||60 %|
|Possession %||51% / 52%||52 %||49 %|
|Corners||4.00 / 3.67||4.00||4.00|
|Cards||0.90 / 0.83||1.10||0.70|
|Offsides||1.00 / 0.50||0.90||1.10|
|Fouls||9.90 / 8.33||10.30||9.50|
|Shots||8.30 / 10.83||8.00||8.60|
|Shots on Target||4.15 / 4.83||3.90||4.40|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||18% / 50%||29 %||10 %|
|Draw %||29% / 17%||29 %||30 %|
|Loss %||53% / 33%||43 %||60 %|
|AVG Goals||2.59 / 2.33||2.14||2.90|
|Scored||0.82 / 1.17||0.71||0.90|
|Conceded||1.76 / 1.17||1.43||2.00|
|BTTS %||53% / 33%||43 %||60 %|
|BTTS Win||6% / 17%||14 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||24% / 17%||14 %||30 %|
|Scored in Both||6% / 33%||14 %||0 %|
|Scores %||65% / 67%||57 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||18% / 50%||29 %||10 %|
|Frist Goal %||29% / 50%||29 %||30 %|
|Possession %||43% / 44%||41 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.06 / 2.67||2.57||5.10|
|Cards||1.35 / 1.17||1.43||1.30|
|Offsides||0.94 / 1.33||0.86||1.00|
|Fouls||10.18 / 8.67||12.00||8.90|
|Shots||10.00 / 7.83||8.57||11.00|
|Shots on Target||4.35 / 3.83||3.43||5.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Nagoya Grampus vs Vegalta Sendai Odds
|HT 1||2.40||HT X||2.15||HT 2||4.40|
|Home Win Nil||2.90||Away Win Nil||6.25|
|Over 2.5||2.00||Under 2.5||1.72|
|BTTS Yes||2.50||BTTS NO||1.50|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.00||Under 9.5 Corners||1.80|