New England Revolution will welcome Columbus Crew to Gillette Stadium for a matchday 0 fixture in USA MLS. The last meeting on 6th December 2020 ended in a Columbus Crew 1-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-seven times in the most recent seasons. New England Revolution has won 9 matches, and Columbus Crew triumphed in 14. Recent outings average 2.78 goals, while both teams score 48% of the time.
New England Revolution's last game in the USA MLS against Columbus Crew at home ended in a 1-0 win. Although New England Revolution played less with the ball than their opponent, it was enough to get the result they were hoping for. New England Revolution scored in the second half in the 86th minute.
Columbus Crew's previous game in the competition versus Toronto ended in an away 2-0 loss. Columbus Crew had plenty of time to pass around and make quality forward runs. However, the final result was not what they wish for before the game started.
Since the start of the season, New England Revolution is more dominant at home. They have four wins out of 4 games on home soil. New England Revolution's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Columbus Crew has picked up 12 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Columbus Crew wins 1.00 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. It is clear that their strikers will have to step up in the following games. Columbus Crew failed to score in 75% of away games this campaign.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won four consecutive matches. New England Revolution is yet to lose at home, being undefeated in four games.
The Crew got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Sunday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. New England Revolution wins on average 3.00 points per home game, compared to 1.00 points per away game for Columbus Crew. My prediction is New England Revolution to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 1.5 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 25% of New England Revolution's home and Columbus Crew's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Sunday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 25% of New England Revolution's home and Columbus Crew's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
New England Revolution vs Columbus Crew Betting Tips
New England Revolution vs Columbus Crew Head to Head
Average stats between New England Revolution and Columbus Crew in most recent 27 outings in the USA MLS.
New England Revolution vs Columbus Crew Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between New England Revolution and Columbus Crew across current season. Calculated from New England Revolution's Home stats and Columbus Crew's Away stats.
USA MLS Form
- Coming into this game, New England Revolution has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. New England Revolution has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- New England Revolution is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 4 games that they have played at home.
- New England Revolution will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Momentum is really building for New England Revolution as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- New England Revolution is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Columbus Crew, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 9 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for New England Revolution, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 5 matches (56% of all matches) involving New England Revolution has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that New England Revolution will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 9 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Columbus Crew has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Columbus Crew has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Columbus Crew has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Columbus Crew recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Columbus Crew has fired blanks in 4 games this season. That's 50% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 6 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Columbus Crew has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 3/8 games for Columbus Crew this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||67% / 67%||100 %||40 %|
|Draw %||22% / 0%||0 %||40 %|
|Loss %||11% / 33%||0 %||20 %|
|AVG Goals||2.56 / 3.17||2.25||2.80|
|Scored||1.56 / 1.83||1.75||1.40|
|Conceded||1.00 / 1.33||0.50||1.40|
|BTTS %||56% / 50%||50 %||60 %|
|BTTS Win||33% / 50%||50 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||33% / 50%||50 %||20 %|
|Scores %||89% / 67%||100 %||80 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 17%||50 %||20 %|
|Frist Goal %||67% / 50%||75 %||60 %|
|Possession %||52% / 53%||50 %||53 %|
|Corners||7.78 / 6.50||8.25||7.40|
|Cards||1.78 / 1.17||2.00||1.60|
|Offsides||0.89 / 1.33||1.00||0.80|
|Fouls||12.11 / 11.00||15.75||9.20|
|Shots||15.00 / 13.00||14.50||15.40|
|Shots on Target||5.67 / 6.00||6.00||5.40|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 83%||75 %||25 %|
|Draw %||25% / 0%||25 %||25 %|
|Loss %||25% / 17%||0 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||1.88 / 2.83||2.25||1.50|
|Scored||1.13 / 2.00||1.75||0.50|
|Conceded||0.75 / 0.83||0.50||1.00|
|BTTS %||38% / 50%||50 %||25 %|
|BTTS Win||38% / 33%||50 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 17%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||13% / 50%||25 %||0 %|
|Scores %||50% / 100%||75 %||25 %|
|Clean Sheet %||38% / 50%||50 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||38% / 67%||75 %||0 %|
|Possession %||48% / 46%||46 %||50 %|
|Corners||3.13 / 6.00||4.00||2.25|
|Cards||1.63 / 0.83||1.75||1.50|
|Offsides||1.75 / 2.67||2.00||1.50|
|Fouls||10.00 / 14.17||11.50||8.50|
|Shots||10.13 / 12.50||12.50||7.75|
|Shots on Target||4.13 / 6.50||5.50||2.75|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
New England Revolution vs Columbus Crew Odds
|HT 1||2.60||HT X||2.25||HT 2||4.00|
|Home Win Nil||3.40||Away Win Nil||6.00|
|Over 2.5||1.67||Under 2.5||2.15|
|BTTS Yes||1.74||BTTS NO||2.05|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.48||Under 9.5 Corners||2.50|