- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 Olympique Médéa vs NC Magra
- 17:45 MC Alger vs JS Saoura
- 19:00 JS Kabylie vs US Biskra Brazil Serie A
- 20:00 Flamengo vs América Mineiro
- 20:00 Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo
- 20:00 Grêmio vs Atlético PR Brazil Serie B
- 20:00 Botafogo vs Remo EURO 2020
- 17:00 Austria vs FYR Macedonia
- 20:00 Netherlands vs Ukraine Finland Ykkönen
- 16:30 JIPPO vs Jaro Latvia Virsliga
- 17:00 Riga vs Noah Jūrmala Morocco Botola Pro
- 19:15 Hassania Agadir vs Wydad Casablanca
- 21:30 Raja Casablanca vs RSB Berkane Norway Eliteserien
- 17:00 Sarpsborg 08 vs Brann
- 17:00 FK Bodo - Glimt vs Mjøndalen
- 17:00 Lillestrøm vs Haugesund
- 17:00 Strømsgodset vs Rosenborg
- 19:00 Viking vs Vålerenga Spain Segunda División
- 20:00 Rayo Vallecano vs Girona FC Uruguay Primera División
- 16:30 Deportivo Maldonado vs Cerro Largo
- 19:30 Nacional vs Fénix
Newcastle United will welcome Sheffield United to St. James' Park for a matchday 37 fixture in England Premier League. The last meeting on 12th January 2021 ended in a Sheffield United 1-0 win. Both sides have met five times in the most recent seasons. Newcastle United has won 4 matches, and Sheffield United triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 20% of the time.
Newcastle United's last game in the England Premier League against Manchester City at home ended in a 3-4 loss. The final result is not a surprise. The Magpies played less with the ball and therefore had less clear cut chances. Newcastle United was dangerous in both halves and scored in the 25th, 45+6 and 62nd minute.
Sheffield United's previous game in the competition versus Everton ended in an away 1-0 win. Although Sheffield United countered for most of the game, it was more than enough to win. Sheffield United played better before halftime and scored in the 7th minute.
Since the start of the season, Geordies is more dominant at home. They have six wins out of 19 games on home soil. Although Newcastle United is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 11% home clean sheets.
Sheffield United has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Sheffield United wins 0.37 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Sheffield United kept a clean sheet in just 5% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. The Toon is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just eight home defeats.
The Blades is winless in one away game, having tasted defeat on their previous visit. However, they will need plenty of luck to avoid another one against The Toon.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Newcastle United wins on average 1.21 points per home game, compared to 0.37 points per away game for Sheffield United. My prediction is Newcastle United to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.81 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 59% of Newcastle United's home and Sheffield United's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Newcastle United vs Sheffield United Betting Tips
Newcastle United vs Sheffield United Head to Head
Average stats between Newcastle United and Sheffield United in most recent 5 outings in the England Premier League.
Newcastle United vs Sheffield United Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Newcastle United and Sheffield United across current season. Calculated from Newcastle United's Home stats and Sheffield United's Away stats.
England Premier League Form
- Coming into this game, Newcastle United has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Newcastle United has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Newcastle United has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Newcastle United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 21/38 games for Newcastle United this season.
- It's likely that Newcastle United will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Sheffield United has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Sheffield United has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Sheffield United recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Sheffield United has fired blanks in 21 games this season. That's 55% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Sheffield United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/38 games for Sheffield United this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||32% / 50%||32 %||32 %|
|Draw %||24% / 17%||26 %||21 %|
|Loss %||45% / 33%||42 %||47 %|
|AVG Goals||2.84 / 3.33||3.11||2.58|
|Scored||1.21 / 1.83||1.37||1.05|
|Conceded||1.63 / 1.50||1.74||1.53|
|BTTS %||55% / 50%||74 %||37 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 17%||26 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 17%||26 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||21% / 50%||26 %||16 %|
|Scores %||68% / 83%||79 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||18% / 33%||11 %||26 %|
|Frist Goal %||45% / 67%||58 %||32 %|
|Possession %||38% / 34%||40 %||37 %|
|Corners||4.24 / 4.20||4.26||4.22|
|Cards||1.76 / 1.33||1.89||1.63|
|Offsides||1.69 / 1.80||1.63||1.75|
|Fouls||9.81 / 9.00||9.63||10.00|
|Shots||11.35 / 11.80||13.37||9.22|
|Shots on Target||4.76 / 5.40||5.32||4.17|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||18% / 50%||26 %||11 %|
|Draw %||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|Loss %||76% / 50%||68 %||84 %|
|AVG Goals||2.18 / 1.67||2.05||2.32|
|Scored||0.53 / 0.50||0.63||0.42|
|Conceded||1.66 / 1.17||1.42||1.89|
|BTTS %||32% / 0%||32 %||32 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 0%||21 %||21 %|
|Scored in Both||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|Scores %||45% / 50%||53 %||37 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 50%||21 %||5 %|
|Frist Goal %||26% / 50%||26 %||26 %|
|Possession %||41% / 41%||43 %||40 %|
|Corners||4.38 / 3.80||4.56||4.21|
|Cards||2.08 / 2.17||1.79||2.37|
|Offsides||1.92 / 1.80||2.11||1.74|
|Fouls||11.89 / 10.20||11.78||12.00|
|Shots||9.38 / 9.60||10.06||8.74|
|Shots on Target||3.51 / 2.40||3.83||3.21|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Newcastle United vs Sheffield United Odds
|HT 1||2.30||HT X||2.20||HT 2||5.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.70||Away Win Nil||7.00|
|Over 2.5||1.74||Under 2.5||2.10|
|BTTS Yes||1.67||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.73||Under 9.5 Corners||2.00|