- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Nottingham Forest will welcome Barnsley to The City Ground for a matchday 26 fixture in England Championship. The last meeting on 29th September 2021 ended in a Nottingham Forest 3-1 win. Both sides have met twenty-two times in the most recent seasons. Nottingham Forest has won 8 matches, and Barnsley triumphed in 8. Recent outings average 2.32 goals, while both teams score 45% of the time.
Nottingham Forest's last game in the England Championship against Huddersfield Town at home ended in a 0-1 loss. Forest had plenty of possession, but not enough quality in the final third of the pitch.
Barnsley's previous game in the competition versus Blackburn Rovers ended in an away 2-1 loss. The Reds didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game. Barnsley played better before halftime and scored in the 45+1th minute.
So far, The Tricky Trees plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.69 points per away game on average compared to 1.29 points at home. Although Nottingham Forest is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 21% home clean sheets.
Barnsley has picked up 3 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Barnsley wins 0.31 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Barnsley kept a clean sheet in just 8% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. The Reds is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just six home defeats.
This season hasn't unfolded as planned, and The Tykes haven't tasted an away victory at all. The visitors have lost 69% of all games on the road while conceding on average 1.77 goals in the process. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost three consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Nottingham Forest wins on average 1.29 points per home game, compared to 0.31 points per away game for Barnsley. My prediction is Nottingham Forest to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.45 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 56% of Nottingham Forest's home and Barnsley's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 60% of Nottingham Forest's home and Barnsley's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Nottingham Forest vs Barnsley Betting Tips
Nottingham Forest vs Barnsley Head to Head
Average stats between Nottingham Forest and Barnsley in most recent 22 outings in the England Championship.
Nottingham Forest vs Barnsley Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Nottingham Forest and Barnsley across current season. Calculated from Nottingham Forest's Home stats and Barnsley's Away stats.
England Championship Form
- Coming into this game, Nottingham Forest has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Nottingham Forest has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Nottingham Forest recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Nottingham Forest has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/25 games for Nottingham Forest this season.
- Nottingham Forest will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 8 times and overall this season they have scored 1.28 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Barnsley has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Barnsley has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Barnsley turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 3 draws and 2 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Barnsley recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Barnsley has fired blanks in 11 games this season. That's 46% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 3 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Barnsley, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 12 matches (50% of all matches) involving Barnsley has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||41% / 67%||36 %||46 %|
|Draw %||26% / 0%||21 %||31 %|
|Loss %||33% / 33%||43 %||23 %|
|AVG Goals||2.37 / 1.83||2.43||2.31|
|Scored||1.30 / 1.00||1.14||1.46|
|Conceded||1.07 / 0.83||1.29||0.85|
|BTTS %||56% / 33%||57 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||22% / 33%||21 %||23 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 0%||21 %||8 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 0%||14 %||15 %|
|Scores %||74% / 67%||71 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||26% / 33%||21 %||31 %|
|Frist Goal %||41% / 50%||36 %||46 %|
|Possession %||49% / 48%||52 %||47 %|
|Corners||5.19 / 6.60||4.93||5.46|
|Cards||1.89 / 2.00||2.14||1.62|
|Offsides||2.00 / 1.00||1.86||2.15|
|Fouls||10.33 / 11.20||11.50||9.08|
|Shots||12.22 / 14.40||12.71||11.69|
|Shots on Target||4.33 / 4.80||3.93||4.77|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||8% / 17%||17 %||0 %|
|Draw %||32% / 33%||33 %||31 %|
|Loss %||60% / 50%||50 %||69 %|
|AVG Goals||2.20 / 3.33||1.92||2.46|
|Scored||0.68 / 1.50||0.67||0.69|
|Conceded||1.52 / 1.83||1.25||1.77|
|BTTS %||52% / 83%||42 %||62 %|
|BTTS Win||4% / 17%||8 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||28% / 50%||17 %||38 %|
|Scored in Both||4% / 17%||8 %||0 %|
|Scores %||56% / 83%||50 %||62 %|
|Clean Sheet %||16% / 17%||25 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||20% / 17%||25 %||15 %|
|Possession %||47% / 50%||46 %||47 %|
|Corners||3.84 / 2.60||3.33||4.31|
|Cards||1.92 / 1.83||2.00||1.85|
|Offsides||2.08 / 1.60||2.08||2.08|
|Fouls||10.24 / 9.80||10.92||9.62|
|Shots||10.68 / 11.20||9.92||11.38|
|Shots on Target||4.16 / 4.40||3.75||4.54|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Nottingham Forest vs Barnsley Odds
|HT 1||2.50||HT X||2.10||HT 2||5.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.80||Away Win Nil||7.00|
|Over 2.5||2.07||Under 2.5||1.67|
|BTTS Yes||1.98||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.00||Under 9.5 Corners||1.80|