Olympique Lyonnais will welcome Lille to Groupama Stadium for a matchday 34 fixture in France Ligue 1. The last meeting on 1st November 2020 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met twenty-four times in the most recent seasons. Olympique Lyonnais has won 4 matches, and Lille triumphed in 9. Recent outings average 2.58 goals, while both teams score 67% of the time.
Lille's recent game against Montpellier ended in a home 1-1 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points. Lille deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 85th minute.
So far, Olympique Lyonnais plays better on the road than at home. They win 2.11 points per away game on average compared to 1.89 points at home. Although Olympique Lyonnais is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 32% home clean sheets.
Lille has picked up 14 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Lille has collected 2.42 points on average per away game, compared to 1.95 at home.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Olympique Lyonnais lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 58% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Les Dogues got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Sunday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Olympique Lyonnais wins on average 1.89 points per home game, compared to 2.42 points per away game for Lille. My prediction is Olympique Lyonnais to win.
Olympique Lyonnais vs Lille Betting Tips
Olympique Lyonnais vs Lille Head to Head
Average stats between Olympique Lyonnais and Lille in most recent 24 outings in the France Ligue 1.
Olympique Lyonnais vs Lille Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Olympique Lyonnais and Lille across current season. Calculated from Olympique Lyonnais's Home stats and Lille's Away stats.
France Ligue 1 Form
- Coming into this game, Olympique Lyonnais has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Olympique Lyonnais has scored 16 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Lille's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Olympique Lyonnais from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 9 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 10 games for Olympique Lyonnais ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- The last 5 games for Olympique Lyonnais has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Olympique Lyonnais has seen a total of 26/38 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 68% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Olympique Lyonnais will score today, as they have netted in the last 18 games coming into this one and have scored 16 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Lille has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Lille has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Incredible away form is being show by Lille and those travelling fans must be loving it. They have won the last 5 and is unbeaten in 14 away trips. Can Olympique Lyonnais end their fairytale away days?
- Scoring is not an issue for Lille when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 5 games they have played on the road. Can Olympique Lyonnais stop this run?
- Momentum is really building for Lille as they have now gone 8 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Lille has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 21 occasions.
- Lille is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Olympique Lyonnais, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 10 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Lille has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 17/38 games for Lille this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||58% / 50%||58 %||58 %|
|Draw %||26% / 0%||16 %||37 %|
|Loss %||16% / 50%||26 %||5 %|
|AVG Goals||3.26 / 4.83||3.42||3.11|
|Scored||2.13 / 2.67||2.21||2.05|
|Conceded||1.13 / 2.17||1.21||1.05|
|BTTS %||68% / 83%||63 %||74 %|
|BTTS Win||34% / 50%||32 %||37 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 33%||21 %||5 %|
|Scored in Both||26% / 17%||32 %||21 %|
|Scores %||92% / 83%||89 %||95 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 0%||32 %||26 %|
|Frist Goal %||55% / 50%||58 %||53 %|
|Possession %||55% / 53%||57 %||53 %|
|Corners||6.11 / 5.67||7.21||5.00|
|Cards||2.11 / 2.83||1.79||2.42|
|Offsides||1.66 / 1.50||1.79||1.53|
|Fouls||12.32 / 13.17||12.63||12.00|
|Shots||15.92 / 15.67||16.95||14.89|
|Shots on Target||6.53 / 6.83||6.68||6.37|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||63% / 83%||53 %||74 %|
|Draw %||29% / 17%||37 %||21 %|
|Loss %||8% / 0%||11 %||5 %|
|AVG Goals||2.29 / 2.33||2.05||2.53|
|Scored||1.68 / 1.83||1.47||1.89|
|Conceded||0.61 / 0.50||0.58||0.63|
|BTTS %||45% / 33%||47 %||42 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 33%||16 %||21 %|
|BTTS Loss||8% / 0%||11 %||5 %|
|Scored in Both||32% / 50%||21 %||42 %|
|Scores %||89% / 83%||84 %||95 %|
|Clean Sheet %||55% / 67%||53 %||58 %|
|Frist Goal %||66% / 67%||58 %||74 %|
|Possession %||54% / 49%||58 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.84 / 3.17||6.53||3.16|
|Cards||1.84 / 2.00||1.58||2.11|
|Offsides||1.68 / 1.50||1.16||2.21|
|Fouls||12.24 / 10.67||12.05||12.42|
|Shots||13.47 / 11.50||15.47||11.47|
|Shots on Target||5.50 / 5.17||5.37||5.63|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Olympique Lyonnais vs Lille Odds
|HT 1||2.70||HT X||2.13||HT 2||4.24|
|Home Win Nil||3.40||Away Win Nil||5.50|
|Over 2.5||1.95||Under 2.5||1.80|
|BTTS Yes||1.80||BTTS NO||1.95|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.14||Under 9.5 Corners||1.71|