Oxford United will welcome Cheltenham Town to The Kassam Stadium for a matchday 26 fixture in England EFL League One. The last meeting on 18th September 2021 ended in a Cheltenham Town 1-0 win. Both sides have met five times in the most recent seasons. Oxford United has won 1 match, and Cheltenham Town triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 3.60 goals, while both teams score 60% of the time.
Oxford United's last game in the England EFL League One against AFC Wimbledon at home ended in a 3-0 win. The Us had more possession of the ball and took advantage of it. Oxford United was dangerous in both halves and scored in the 27th, 38th and 60th minute.
Cheltenham Town's recent game against Plymouth Argyle ended in a home 0-2 loss. The Robins had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, The Boys from Up the Hill is more dominant at home. They have nine wins out of 15 games on home soil. Although Oxford United is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 33% home clean sheets.
Cheltenham Town has picked up 3 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Cheltenham Town wins 0.85 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Cheltenham Town kept a clean sheet in just 8% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Yellows is currently unbeaten at home in three games. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
The Robins failed to win in four consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Saturday and win against Yellows.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Oxford United wins on average 2.07 points per home game, compared to 0.85 points per away game for Cheltenham Town. My prediction is Oxford United to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.1 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 59% of Oxford United's home and Cheltenham Town's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Oxford United vs Cheltenham Town Betting Tips
Oxford United vs Cheltenham Town Head to Head
Average stats between Oxford United and Cheltenham Town in most recent 5 outings in the England EFL League One.
Oxford United vs Cheltenham Town Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Oxford United and Cheltenham Town across current season. Calculated from Oxford United's Home stats and Cheltenham Town's Away stats.
England EFL League One Form
- Coming into this game, Oxford United has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Oxford United has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Oxford United ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Oxford United will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Cheltenham Town, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Oxford United, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 16 matches (73% of all matches) involving Oxford United has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Oxford United will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Cheltenham Town has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Cheltenham Town has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Scoring is not an issue for Cheltenham Town when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 5 games they have played on the road. Can Oxford United stop this run?
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 11 games for Cheltenham Town ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Cheltenham Town turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Cheltenham Town recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Cheltenham Town, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (65% of all matches) involving Cheltenham Town has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||48% / 100%||60 %||33 %|
|Draw %||26% / 0%||27 %||25 %|
|Loss %||26% / 0%||13 %||42 %|
|AVG Goals||2.74 / 3.83||3.00||2.42|
|Scored||1.59 / 2.83||2.00||1.08|
|Conceded||1.15 / 1.00||1.00||1.33|
|BTTS %||67% / 50%||67 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||37% / 50%||40 %||33 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 0%||13 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||37% / 67%||47 %||25 %|
|Scores %||78% / 100%||87 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||22% / 50%||33 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||59% / 83%||67 %||50 %|
|Possession %||55% / 52%||57 %||53 %|
|Corners||6.22 / 6.20||6.20||6.25|
|Cards||1.56 / 1.67||1.33||1.83|
|Offsides||2.19 / 1.50||2.00||2.42|
|Fouls||10.41 / 12.25||10.00||10.92|
|Shots||15.15 / 12.20||15.07||15.25|
|Shots on Target||6.11 / 5.60||5.93||6.33|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 33%||36 %||15 %|
|Draw %||37% / 50%||36 %||38 %|
|Loss %||37% / 17%||29 %||46 %|
|AVG Goals||2.89 / 2.17||2.79||3.00|
|Scored||1.19 / 1.17||1.21||1.15|
|Conceded||1.70 / 1.00||1.57||1.85|
|BTTS %||67% / 67%||64 %||69 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 17%||21 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 17%||7 %||23 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 0%||28 %||15 %|
|Scores %||78% / 83%||79 %||77 %|
|Clean Sheet %||11% / 33%||14 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||56% / 50%||57 %||54 %|
|Possession %||48% / 49%||48 %||48 %|
|Corners||4.81 / 6.20||5.43||4.15|
|Cards||1.93 / 1.17||1.86||2.00|
|Offsides||1.41 / 2.00||1.43||1.38|
|Fouls||10.44 / 11.00||10.79||10.08|
|Shots||13.07 / 14.60||13.00||13.15|
|Shots on Target||5.19 / 4.40||4.86||5.54|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Oxford United vs Cheltenham Town Odds
|HT 1||2.28||HT X||2.29||HT 2||5.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.70||Away Win Nil||7.50|
|Over 2.5||1.65||Under 2.5||2.25|
|BTTS Yes||1.83||BTTS NO||1.98|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.73||Under 9.5 Corners||1.99|