Lamia will welcome AEK Athens to Dimotiko Athlitiko Kentro Lamias for a matchday 16 fixture in Greece Super League. The last meeting on 22nd September 2021 ended in an AEK Athens 1-0 win. Both sides have met twelve times in the most recent seasons. Lamia has won 0 matches, and AEK Athens triumphed in 10. Recent outings average 2.08 goals, while both teams score 17% of the time.
Lamia's latest fixture against Olympiakos Piraeus ended in an away 1-0 loss. I expected more from Lamia. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
AEK Athens's recent game against OFI ended in a home 1-2 loss. Enosis had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch. AEK Athens put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 14th minute.
So far, Lamia plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.00 points per away game on average compared to 0.67 points at home. Although Lamia is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 0% home clean sheets.
AEK Athens has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Kitrinomavroi has collected 2.10 points on average per away game, compared to 1.88 at home.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Lamia has won just 11% of home games. On average they score 1.11 goals and concede 1.78 per game. AEK Athens won their previous away game and I expect more of the same. Their away record looks impressive.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Lamia wins on average 0.67 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against AEK Athens. My prediction is AEK Athens to win.
Lamia vs AEK Athens Betting Tips
Lamia vs AEK Athens Head to Head
Average stats between Lamia and AEK Athens in most recent 12 outings in the Greece Super League.
Lamia vs AEK Athens Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Lamia and AEK Athens across current season. Calculated from Lamia's Home stats and AEK Athens's Away stats.
Greece Super League Form
- Coming into this game, Lamia has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Lamia has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Lamia turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Lamia recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Lamia has fired blanks in 6 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Lamia has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/15 games for Lamia this season.
- Coming into this game, AEK Athens has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. AEK Athens has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from AEK Athens away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 6 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- AEK Athens has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 6 occasions.
- AEK Athens will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Lamia, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for AEK Athens has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/15 games for AEK Athens this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||17% / 17%||11 %||22 %|
|Draw %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|Loss %||50% / 50%||56 %||44 %|
|AVG Goals||2.11 / 1.50||2.89||1.33|
|Scored||0.83 / 0.50||1.11||0.56|
|Conceded||1.28 / 1.00||1.78||0.78|
|BTTS %||50% / 33%||67 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||11% / 0%||11 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||22% / 17%||22 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 0%||33 %||11 %|
|Scores %||56% / 50%||67 %||44 %|
|Clean Sheet %||22% / 33%||0 %||44 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|Possession %||49% / 49%||51 %||46 %|
|Corners||3.50 / 2.50||3.78||3.22|
|Cards||2.67 / 2.33||2.22||3.11|
|Offsides||1.33 / 1.20||1.11||1.56|
|Fouls||15.78 / 18.00||12.89||18.67|
|Shots||10.22 / 9.00||11.33||9.11|
|Shots on Target||3.89 / 4.17||4.33||3.44|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||61% / 33%||63 %||60 %|
|Draw %||17% / 33%||0 %||30 %|
|Loss %||22% / 33%||38 %||10 %|
|AVG Goals||2.78 / 2.00||2.75||2.80|
|Scored||1.78 / 1.17||1.75||1.80|
|Conceded||1.00 / 0.83||1.00||1.00|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||50 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||22% / 0%||13 %||30 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 33%||38 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||56% / 33%||38 %||70 %|
|Scores %||89% / 83%||100 %||80 %|
|Clean Sheet %||44% / 50%||50 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||78% / 83%||88 %||70 %|
|Possession %||53% / 50%||54 %||53 %|
|Corners||6.17 / 5.50||6.00||6.30|
|Cards||2.61 / 3.25||2.63||2.60|
|Offsides||1.72 / 1.75||1.50||1.90|
|Fouls||17.44 / 17.25||15.38||19.10|
|Shots||15.28 / 14.17||15.75||14.90|
|Shots on Target||6.50 / 5.67||6.63||6.40|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Lamia vs AEK Athens Odds
|HT 1||6.00||HT X||2.20||HT 2||2.20|
|Home Win Nil||8.50||Away Win Nil||2.40|
|Over 2.5||2.08||Under 2.5||1.80|
|BTTS Yes||2.10||BTTS NO||1.73|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.51||Under 9.5 Corners||1.50|