- Asia AFC Champions League
- 11:00 Pohang Steelers vs Ratchaburi
- 15:00 Johor Darul Ta'zim vs Nagoya Grampus
- 23:00 Daegu vs Chiangrai United
- 23:00 Daegu vs Chiangrai United Brazil Serie B
- 20:30 Confiança vs Vila Nova
- 23:00 Ponte Preta vs Operário PR EURO 2020
- 20:00 Croatia vs Scotland
- 20:00 Czech Republic vs England Finland Ykkönen
- 16:30 TPS vs EIF Kazakhstan Kazakhstan Premier League
- 14:00 Astana vs Ordabasy
- 15:00 Akzhayik vs Shakhter Karagandy
- 16:00 Aktobe vs Kyzyl-Zhar Morocco Botola Pro
- 21:30 RSB Berkane vs Wydad Casablanca Norway First Division
- 17:00 Ullensaker - Kisa IL vs Fredrikstad
- 17:00 Bryne vs KFUM
- 17:00 Jerv vs Strømmen
- 17:00 Ranheim vs Raufoss
- 19:00 HamKam vs Sogndal Uruguay Primera División
- 16:45 Liverpool vs Fénix
- 19:00 River Plate vs Plaza Colonia
- 19:00 S.S. Folgore vs Prishtina
- 19:00 HB vs Inter Club d'Escaldes
- 21:15 Cerro Largo vs Sud América
- 23:30 Cerrito vs Boston River
Pohang Steelers will welcome Gwangju to Steelyard Stadium for a matchday 19 fixture in South Korea K League 1. The last meeting on 17th April 2021 ended in a Pohang Steelers 1-0 win. Both sides have met fifteen times in the most recent seasons. Pohang Steelers has won 10 matches, and Gwangju failed to win on every occasion. Recent outings average 2.67 goals, while both teams score 47% of the time.
Pohang Steelers's latest fixture against Ulsan ended in an away 1-0 loss. I expected more from Pohang Steelers. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Gwangju's recent game against Suwon Bluewings ended in a home 3-4 loss. Gwangju's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. Gwangju had good chances in both halves and scored in the 7th, 58th and 90+5 minute.
So far, Pohang Steelers plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.56 points per away game on average compared to 1.44 points at home. Pohang Steelers's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 44% of home games.
Gwangju has picked up 2 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Gwangju wins 0.70 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Gwangju kept a clean sheet in just 10% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Pohang Steelers is currently unbeaten at home in four games. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
Gwangju failed to win in four consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Sunday and win against Pohang Steelers. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost four consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Pohang Steelers wins on average 1.44 points per home game, compared to 0.70 points per away game for Gwangju. My prediction is Pohang Steelers to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.16 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 41% of Pohang Steelers's home and Gwangju's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Sunday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 53% of Pohang Steelers's home and Gwangju's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Pohang Steelers vs Gwangju Betting Tips
Pohang Steelers vs Gwangju Head to Head
Average stats between Pohang Steelers and Gwangju in most recent 15 outings in the South Korea K League 1.
Pohang Steelers vs Gwangju Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Pohang Steelers and Gwangju across current season. Calculated from Pohang Steelers's Home stats and Gwangju's Away stats.
South Korea K League 1 Form
- Coming into this game, Pohang Steelers has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Pohang Steelers has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Pohang Steelers has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Pohang Steelers will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Gwangju, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Pohang Steelers, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (56% of all matches) involving Pohang Steelers has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Gwangju has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Gwangju has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Gwangju turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Gwangju recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Gwangju has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 5 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Gwangju, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (42% of all matches) involving Gwangju has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||39% / 67%||33 %||44 %|
|Draw %||33% / 17%||44 %||22 %|
|Loss %||28% / 17%||22 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.22 / 4.00||1.78||2.67|
|Scored||1.11 / 2.67||0.78||1.44|
|Conceded||1.11 / 1.33||1.00||1.22|
|BTTS %||56% / 67%||44 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||22% / 33%||11 %||33 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 17%||11 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 50%||0 %||22 %|
|Scores %||72% / 100%||67 %||78 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 33%||44 %||11 %|
|Frist Goal %||39% / 83%||22 %||56 %|
|Possession %||54% / 48%||61 %||48 %|
|Corners||5.24 / 5.83||6.25||4.33|
|Cards||2.06 / 1.67||2.00||2.11|
|Offsides||1.60 / 0.60||1.86||1.38|
|Fouls||14.41 / 12.50||14.38||14.44|
|Shots||10.41 / 13.33||9.38||11.33|
|Shots on Target||4.29 / 6.67||4.00||4.56|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||21% / 17%||22 %||20 %|
|Draw %||16% / 0%||22 %||10 %|
|Loss %||63% / 83%||56 %||70 %|
|AVG Goals||2.21 / 3.33||2.11||2.30|
|Scored||0.89 / 1.00||0.89||0.90|
|Conceded||1.32 / 2.33||1.22||1.40|
|BTTS %||42% / 33%||33 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||11% / 0%||11 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 33%||11 %||30 %|
|Scored in Both||16% / 17%||22 %||10 %|
|Scores %||53% / 50%||44 %||60 %|
|Clean Sheet %||16% / 17%||22 %||10 %|
|Frist Goal %||32% / 17%||22 %||40 %|
|Possession %||45% / 50%||50 %||40 %|
|Corners||3.89 / 4.17||4.78||3.10|
|Cards||1.89 / 1.67||1.22||2.50|
|Offsides||1.47 / 2.00||1.33||1.56|
|Fouls||12.68 / 9.83||12.00||13.30|
|Shots||11.21 / 8.00||14.89||7.90|
|Shots on Target||5.11 / 3.33||6.22||4.10|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Pohang Steelers vs Gwangju Odds
|HT 1||2.40||HT X||2.25||HT 2||4.75|
|Home Win Nil||2.80||Away Win Nil||6.25|
|Over 2.5||1.78||Under 2.5||2.05|
|BTTS Yes||1.95||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.50||Under 9.5 Corners||1.49|