Portimonense will welcome CS Marítimo to Estádio Municipal de Portimão for a matchday 17 fixture in Portugal Liga NOS. The last meeting on 28th February 2021 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met ten times in the most recent seasons. Portimonense has won 5 matches, and CS Marítimo triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 2.70 goals, while both teams score 70% of the time.
Portimonense's latest fixture against Sporting CP ended in an away 3-2 loss. I expected more from Portimonense. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Portimonense scored in both halves in the 21st and 90+2 minute.
CS Marítimo's recent game against FC Vizela ended in a home 2-0 win. CS Marítimo dominated the game and deserved the win. CS Marítimo pushed forward in the second half and scored in the 54th and 72nd minute.
So far, Portimonense plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.78 points per away game on average compared to 0.90 points at home. Although Portimonense is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 20% home clean sheets.
CS Marítimo has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. CS Marítimo wins 1.10 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. CS Marítimo kept a clean sheet in just 20% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Portimonense is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just five home defeats.
CS Marítimo got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Sunday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Portimonense wins on average 0.90 points per home game, compared to 1.10 points per away game for CS Marítimo. My prediction is Portimonense to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.5 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 44% of Portimonense's home and CS Marítimo's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Portimonense vs CS Marítimo Betting Tips
Portimonense vs CS Marítimo Head to Head
Average stats between Portimonense and CS Marítimo in most recent 10 outings in the Portugal Liga NOS.
Portimonense vs CS Marítimo Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Portimonense and CS Marítimo across current season. Calculated from Portimonense's Home stats and CS Marítimo's Away stats.
Portugal Liga NOS Form
- Coming into this game, Portimonense has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Portimonense has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Portimonense has fired blanks in 6 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 7 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Portimonense has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/16 games for Portimonense this season.
- Coming into this game, CS Marítimo has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. CS Marítimo has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for CS Marítimo ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- CS Marítimo will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Portimonense, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for CS Marítimo, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (63% of all matches) involving CS Marítimo has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that CS Marítimo will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||37% / 0%||20 %||56 %|
|Draw %||21% / 33%||30 %||11 %|
|Loss %||42% / 67%||50 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.05 / 3.17||1.90||2.22|
|Scored||1.00 / 1.17||0.70||1.33|
|Conceded||1.05 / 2.00||1.20||0.89|
|BTTS %||32% / 83%||40 %||22 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 0%||10 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 50%||10 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||21% / 33%||10 %||33 %|
|Scores %||63% / 83%||50 %||78 %|
|Clean Sheet %||37% / 0%||20 %||56 %|
|Frist Goal %||47% / 33%||20 %||78 %|
|Possession %||49% / 46%||57 %||40 %|
|Corners||4.37 / 4.00||5.60||3.00|
|Cards||3.68 / 4.83||3.30||4.11|
|Offsides||2.63 / 2.80||2.40||2.89|
|Fouls||13.79 / 8.60||15.10||12.33|
|Shots||12.42 / 12.67||16.90||7.44|
|Shots on Target||5.11 / 5.00||6.00||4.11|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||32% / 67%||33 %||30 %|
|Draw %||32% / 17%||44 %||20 %|
|Loss %||37% / 17%||22 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.74 / 3.50||2.44||3.00|
|Scored||1.26 / 1.83||1.44||1.10|
|Conceded||1.47 / 1.67||1.00||1.90|
|BTTS %||63% / 67%||56 %||70 %|
|BTTS Win||16% / 33%||11 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||26% / 17%||11 %||40 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 33%||11 %||10 %|
|Scores %||79% / 100%||78 %||80 %|
|Clean Sheet %||26% / 33%||33 %||20 %|
|Frist Goal %||26% / 50%||22 %||30 %|
|Possession %||49% / 46%||52 %||46 %|
|Corners||3.63 / 4.00||3.67||3.60|
|Cards||3.63 / 1.83||2.89||4.30|
|Offsides||1.68 / 1.00||1.44||1.90|
|Fouls||16.53 / 12.50||17.00||16.10|
|Shots||11.42 / 11.50||11.89||11.00|
|Shots on Target||4.37 / 4.50||4.22||4.50|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Portimonense vs CS Marítimo Odds
|HT 1||2.88||HT X||2.05||HT 2||4.33|
|Home Win Nil||3.30||Away Win Nil||5.50|
|Over 2.5||2.20||Under 2.5||1.60|
|BTTS Yes||1.91||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.00||Under 9.5 Corners||1.81|