More tips coming soon.
Portimonense will welcome Benfica to Estádio Municipal de Portimão for a matchday 28 fixture in Portugal Liga NOS. The last meeting on 29th December 2020 ended in a Benfica 2-1 win. Both sides have met ten times in the most recent seasons. Portimonense has won 1 match, and Benfica triumphed in 7. Recent outings average 3.10 goals, while both teams score 60% of the time.
Portimonense's latest fixture against Famalicão ended in an away 1-0 win. Portimonense was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. Portimonense set the tone early and scored just before the break.
Benfica's recent game against Gil Vicente ended in a home 1-2 loss. Águias had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch. Benfica deserved to score in the second half and did so in the 87th minute.
Since the start of the season, Portimonense is more dominant at home. They have six wins out of 16 games on home soil. Alvinegros's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Benfica has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Benfica wins 2.07 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Portimonense has won just 38% of home games. On average they score 1.25 goals and concede 1.06 per game. Benfica won their previous away game and I expect more of the same. Their away record looks impressive.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Portimonense wins on average 1.38 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Benfica. My prediction is Benfica to win.
Portimonense vs Benfica Betting Tips
Portimonense vs Benfica Head to Head
Average stats between Portimonense and Benfica in most recent 10 outings in the Portugal Liga NOS.
Portimonense vs Benfica Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Portimonense and Benfica across current season. Calculated from Portimonense's Home stats and Benfica's Away stats.
Portugal Liga NOS Form
- Coming into this game, Portimonense has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Portimonense has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Portimonense turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Portimonense recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Portimonense has fired blanks in 12 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 3 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Portimonense, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 14 matches (44% of all matches) involving Portimonense has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Benfica has picked up 13 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Benfica has scored 13 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Incredible away form is being show by Benfica and those travelling fans must be loving it. They have won the last 6 and is unbeaten in 8 away trips. Can Portimonense end their fairytale away days?
- Scoring is not an issue for Benfica when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 6 games they have played on the road. Can Portimonense stop this run?
- Momentum is really building for Benfica as they have now gone 5 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 7 games for Benfica ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Benfica is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Portimonense, having won 4 and drawn 1. They have scored 13 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Benfica, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (47% of all matches) involving Benfica has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Benfica will score today, as they have netted in the last 12 games coming into this one and have scored 13 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||28% / 17%||38 %||19 %|
|Draw %||22% / 33%||25 %||19 %|
|Loss %||50% / 50%||38 %||63 %|
|AVG Goals||2.31 / 2.17||2.31||2.31|
|Scored||1.06 / 0.67||1.25||0.88|
|Conceded||1.25 / 1.50||1.06||1.44|
|BTTS %||44% / 50%||44 %||44 %|
|BTTS Win||9% / 0%||6 %||13 %|
|BTTS Loss||25% / 33%||31 %||19 %|
|Scored in Both||16% / 0%||19 %||13 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||75 %||50 %|
|Clean Sheet %||31% / 33%||50 %||13 %|
|Frist Goal %||44% / 50%||56 %||31 %|
|Possession %||52% / 50%||52 %||52 %|
|Corners||4.34 / 4.33||4.88||3.81|
|Cards||2.44 / 2.00||2.31||2.56|
|Offsides||2.22 / 1.17||2.13||2.31|
|Fouls||17.16 / 14.67||17.38||16.94|
|Shots||10.22 / 9.33||10.06||10.38|
|Shots on Target||4.44 / 4.00||4.50||4.38|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||65% / 67%||69 %||60 %|
|Draw %||23% / 17%||19 %||27 %|
|Loss %||13% / 17%||13 %||13 %|
|AVG Goals||2.61 / 3.50||2.44||2.80|
|Scored||1.90 / 2.67||1.69||2.13|
|Conceded||0.71 / 0.83||0.75||0.67|
|BTTS %||45% / 67%||50 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||23% / 33%||25 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||6% / 17%||13 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||35% / 50%||31 %||40 %|
|Scores %||87% / 100%||94 %||80 %|
|Clean Sheet %||48% / 33%||50 %||47 %|
|Frist Goal %||71% / 67%||75 %||67 %|
|Possession %||63% / 61%||62 %||64 %|
|Corners||6.16 / 6.33||6.56||5.73|
|Cards||2.35 / 3.17||2.13||2.60|
|Offsides||2.32 / 2.17||2.19||2.47|
|Fouls||14.97 / 12.50||15.81||14.07|
|Shots||12.84 / 13.83||14.44||11.13|
|Shots on Target||5.94 / 5.17||5.94||5.93|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Portimonense vs Benfica Odds
|HT 1||6.00||HT X||2.35||HT 2||1.95|
|Home Win Nil||8.50||Away Win Nil||2.35|
|Over 2.5||1.80||Under 2.5||2.00|
|BTTS Yes||2.05||BTTS NO||1.74|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.95||Under 9.5 Corners||1.75|