- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Puebla will welcome América to Estadio Cuauhtémoc for a matchday 1 fixture in Mexico Liga MX. The last meeting on 8th August 2021 ended in an América 2-0 win. Both sides have met nineteen times in the most recent seasons. Puebla has won 2 matches, and América triumphed in 11. Recent outings average 2.37 goals, while both teams score 42% of the time.
Puebla's latest fixture against León ended in an away 2-0 loss. I expected more from La Franja. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
América's recent game against Pumas UNAM ended in a home 1-3 loss. Las Águilas had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch. América put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 11st minute.
So far, Puebla plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.50 points per away game on average compared to 1.42 points at home. Although Puebla is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 25% home clean sheets.
América has picked up 3 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Los Millonetas wins 1.40 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. La Franja has won just 33% of home games. On average they score 1.17 goals and concede 1.08 per game. América is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Puebla wins on average 1.42 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against América. My prediction is América to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.03 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 35% of Puebla's home and América's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Puebla vs América Betting Tips
Puebla vs América Head to Head
Average stats between Puebla and América in most recent 19 outings in the Mexico Liga MX.
Puebla vs América Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Puebla and América across current season. Calculated from Puebla's Home stats and América's Away stats.
Mexico Liga MX Form
- Coming into this game, Puebla has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Puebla has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Puebla has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- América's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Puebla from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- Puebla will be looking to keep up the momentum today against América, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Puebla has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/20 games for Puebla this season.
- Coming into this game, América has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. América has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- América has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 11 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for América recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for América has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/19 games for América this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||36% / 33%||33 %||40 %|
|Draw %||36% / 33%||42 %||30 %|
|Loss %||27% / 33%||25 %||30 %|
|AVG Goals||2.05 / 2.17||2.25||1.80|
|Scored||1.05 / 1.00||1.17||0.90|
|Conceded||1.00 / 1.17||1.08||0.90|
|BTTS %||45% / 50%||58 %||30 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 17%||8 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 0%||8 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||9% / 0%||17 %||0 %|
|Scores %||77% / 67%||83 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 17%||25 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 50%||50 %||50 %|
|Possession %||47% / 41%||50 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.59 / 1.67||5.42||3.60|
|Cards||2.91 / 2.17||2.50||3.40|
|Offsides||1.59 / 1.00||1.25||2.00|
|Fouls||15.09 / 11.17||15.00||15.20|
|Shots||13.59 / 8.83||14.83||12.10|
|Shots on Target||5.05 / 3.33||5.67||4.30|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||48% / 33%||64 %||30 %|
|Draw %||33% / 0%||18 %||50 %|
|Loss %||19% / 67%||18 %||20 %|
|AVG Goals||1.86 / 2.33||1.91||1.80|
|Scored||1.10 / 1.00||1.27||0.90|
|Conceded||0.76 / 1.33||0.64||0.90|
|BTTS %||43% / 50%||27 %||60 %|
|BTTS Win||14% / 17%||18 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 33%||9 %||20 %|
|Scored in Both||24% / 33%||36 %||10 %|
|Scores %||76% / 67%||73 %||80 %|
|Clean Sheet %||52% / 17%||64 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||57% / 50%||73 %||40 %|
|Possession %||51% / 52%||54 %||47 %|
|Corners||4.19 / 4.67||4.45||3.90|
|Cards||2.10 / 2.00||1.45||2.80|
|Offsides||0.52 / 0.83||0.45||0.60|
|Fouls||11.62 / 13.33||11.00||12.30|
|Shots||13.29 / 12.00||14.18||12.30|
|Shots on Target||5.71 / 3.83||6.55||4.80|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Puebla vs América Odds
|HT 1||3.75||HT X||2.00||HT 2||3.10|
|Home Win Nil||4.75||Away Win Nil||3.50|
|Over 2.5||2.25||Under 2.5||1.57|
|BTTS Yes||1.91||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.11||Under 9.5 Corners||1.73|