Lens will welcome Rennes to Stade Bollaert-Delelis for a matchday 20 fixture in France Ligue 1. The last meeting on 8th August 2021 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met ten times in the most recent seasons. Lens has won 2 matches, and Rennes triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 1.80 goals, while both teams score 40% of the time.
Lens's latest fixture against Nice ended in an away 2-1 loss. I expected more from Les Artésiens. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Lens set the tone early and scored in the 30 minute.
Rennes's previous game in the competition versus Monaco ended in an away 2-1 loss. Rennes didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game. Rennes played better before halftime and scored in the 16th minute.
Since the start of the season, Lens is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 11 games on home soil. Les Sang's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 36% of home games.
Rennes has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Rennes wins 1.09 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Rennes kept a clean sheet in just 27% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Lens or Draw.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.89 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 50% of Lens's home and Rennes's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. Lens has scored in 82% of home games. Rennes is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Lens vs Rennes Betting Tips
Lens vs Rennes Head to Head
Average stats between Lens and Rennes in most recent 10 outings in the France Ligue 1.
Lens vs Rennes Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Lens and Rennes across current season. Calculated from Lens's Home stats and Rennes's Away stats.
France Ligue 1 Form
- Coming into this game, Lens has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Lens has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Lens at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Rennes's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Lens from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 9 games for Lens ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Lens turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 3 draws and 2 defeats.
- The last 5 games for Lens has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Lens has seen a total of 12/19 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 63% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Lens will score today, as they have netted in the last 5 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Rennes has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Rennes has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Scoring is not an issue for Rennes when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 6 games they have played on the road. Can Lens stop this run?
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for Rennes ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Rennes, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (42% of all matches) involving Rennes has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Rennes will score today, as they have netted in the last 13 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||41% / 50%||45 %||36 %|
|Draw %||27% / 17%||36 %||18 %|
|Loss %||32% / 33%||18 %||45 %|
|AVG Goals||3.05 / 2.33||2.73||3.36|
|Scored||1.64 / 1.17||1.73||1.55|
|Conceded||1.41 / 1.17||1.00||1.82|
|BTTS %||59% / 50%||45 %||73 %|
|BTTS Win||18% / 17%||9 %||27 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 17%||0 %||27 %|
|Scored in Both||36% / 0%||45 %||27 %|
|Scores %||82% / 83%||82 %||82 %|
|Clean Sheet %||23% / 33%||36 %||9 %|
|Frist Goal %||59% / 50%||64 %||55 %|
|Possession %||51% / 53%||53 %||48 %|
|Corners||5.73 / 6.83||6.64||4.82|
|Cards||2.36 / 1.50||2.09||2.64|
|Offsides||1.45 / 2.33||1.45||1.45|
|Fouls||11.45 / 7.50||11.00||11.91|
|Shots||14.00 / 13.50||15.27||12.73|
|Shots on Target||6.23 / 6.00||7.09||5.36|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||45% / 33%||64 %||27 %|
|Draw %||18% / 17%||9 %||27 %|
|Loss %||36% / 50%||27 %||45 %|
|AVG Goals||2.82 / 2.67||3.00||2.64|
|Scored||1.86 / 1.67||2.27||1.45|
|Conceded||0.95 / 1.00||0.73||1.18|
|BTTS %||41% / 50%||36 %||45 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 0%||9 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 33%||18 %||18 %|
|Scored in Both||27% / 17%||36 %||18 %|
|Scores %||82% / 83%||91 %||73 %|
|Clean Sheet %||41% / 33%||55 %||27 %|
|Frist Goal %||73% / 83%||73 %||73 %|
|Possession %||56% / 55%||59 %||53 %|
|Corners||6.18 / 5.83||6.45||5.91|
|Cards||1.55 / 1.00||1.27||1.82|
|Offsides||1.64 / 1.67||1.55||1.73|
|Fouls||11.14 / 9.00||10.09||12.18|
|Shots||15.68 / 14.33||17.36||14.00|
|Shots on Target||6.09 / 5.50||6.09||6.09|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Lens vs Rennes Odds
|HT 1||3.40||HT X||2.20||HT 2||3.10|
|Home Win Nil||4.80||Away Win Nil||4.40|
|Over 2.5||1.83||Under 2.5||1.91|
|BTTS Yes||1.67||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.85||Under 9.5 Corners||1.97|