On 17th January 2021, Strasbourg and Saint-Étienne go head to head in the France Ligue 1 at the Stade de la Meinau (Strasbourg). The last meeting on 12th September 2020 ended with the following result: Saint-Étienne 2 - 0 Strasbourg.
Both sides have met 6 times in the most recent seasons based on the data that we have of them. Out of 6 previous encounters, Strasbourg have won 1 matches, Saint-Étienne triumphed in 3, while 2 matches have ended in a draw. Recent outings between Strasbourg and Saint-Étienne average 2.5 goals while BTTS lands 67% of the time.
So far this season in the France Ligue 1, Strasbourg have averaged 1.1 Points Per Game at home fixtures and Saint-Étienne average 0.82 Points Per Game at away fixtures.
- Coming into this game, Strasbourg has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Strasbourg has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Momentum is really building for Strasbourg as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Strasbourg has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 7 occasions.
- Strasbourg will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Saint-Étienne, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Strasbourg has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/21 games for Strasbourg this season.
- It's likely that Strasbourg will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Saint-Étienne has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Saint-Étienne has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Saint-Étienne turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Saint-Étienne recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Saint-Étienne has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 4 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Saint-Étienne, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (48% of all matches) involving Saint-Étienne has seen BTTS landing.
- Saint-Étienne will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 4 times and overall this season they have scored 0.95 goals per game.
Strasbourg vs Saint-Étienne Head to Head
Average stats between Strasbourg and Saint-Étienne in most recent 6 outings in the France Ligue 1.
Strasbourg vs Saint-Étienne Statistics
Average stats between Strasbourg and Saint-Étienne across current season.
* Calculated from Strasbourg's Home stats and Saint-Étienne's Away stats.
France Ligue 1 League Table
Strasbourg vs Saint-Étienne Odds
Upcoming Predictions for Today
More tips coming soon.