More tips coming soon.
Reading will welcome Swansea City to Madejski Stadium for a matchday 44 fixture in England Championship. The last meeting on 30th December 2020 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met fifteen times in the most recent seasons. Reading has won 1 match, and Swansea City triumphed in 8. Recent outings average 2.40 goals, while both teams score 40% of the time.
Reading's latest fixture against Luton Town ended in an away 0-0 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day.
Swansea City's recent game against Queens Park Rangers ended in a home 0-1 loss. Swansea's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances.
Since the start of the season, Reading is more dominant at home. They have twelve wins out of 23 games on home soil. Although Reading is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 35% home clean sheets.
Swansea City has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Swansea City wins 1.65 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Swansea City.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.43 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 46% of Reading's home and Swansea City's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Reading vs Swansea City Betting Tips
Reading vs Swansea City Head to Head
Average stats between Reading and Swansea City in most recent 15 outings in the England Championship.
Reading vs Swansea City Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Reading and Swansea City across current season. Calculated from Reading's Home stats and Swansea City's Away stats.
England Championship Form
- Coming into this game, Reading has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Reading has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Reading at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 7 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Swansea City's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Reading from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 7 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 3 games involving Reading has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Swansea City get in on the action today? There has been a total of 15 goals in the last 5 games for Reading, both home and away.
- Reading will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Swansea City, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 0 and drawn 4
- In the last 5 matches for Reading, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 24 matches (52% of all matches) involving Reading has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Swansea City has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Swansea City has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Swansea City recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Swansea City, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 18 matches (39% of all matches) involving Swansea City has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||41% / 50%||52 %||30 %|
|Draw %||28% / 33%||17 %||39 %|
|Loss %||30% / 17%||30 %||30 %|
|AVG Goals||2.52 / 1.67||2.78||2.26|
|Scored||1.35 / 1.17||1.61||1.09|
|Conceded||1.17 / 0.50||1.17||1.17|
|BTTS %||52% / 33%||52 %||52 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 33%||17 %||13 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 0%||17 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 17%||26 %||4 %|
|Scores %||78% / 50%||87 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||37% / 50%||35 %||39 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 33%||65 %||39 %|
|Possession %||52% / 47%||52 %||52 %|
|Corners||4.27 / 2.40||4.32||4.22|
|Cards||1.04 / 0.83||1.04||1.04|
|Offsides||1.65 / 1.20||1.52||1.77|
|Fouls||10.02 / 12.40||10.95||9.14|
|Shots||11.87 / 8.60||12.68||11.09|
|Shots on Target||5.02 / 5.00||5.68||4.39|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 33%||52 %||48 %|
|Draw %||24% / 33%||26 %||22 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||22 %||30 %|
|AVG Goals||2.07 / 2.67||1.87||2.26|
|Scored||1.22 / 1.33||1.17||1.26|
|Conceded||0.85 / 1.33||0.70||1.00|
|BTTS %||39% / 50%||39 %||39 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 17%||17 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||9% / 0%||9 %||9 %|
|Scored in Both||30% / 17%||30 %||30 %|
|Scores %||76% / 67%||74 %||78 %|
|Clean Sheet %||43% / 17%||48 %||39 %|
|Frist Goal %||48% / 17%||48 %||48 %|
|Possession %||51% / 52%||52 %||50 %|
|Corners||5.22 / 4.20||5.35||5.09|
|Cards||1.51 / 1.20||1.65||1.36|
|Offsides||2.74 / 3.40||2.77||2.71|
|Fouls||10.68 / 11.60||10.73||10.64|
|Shots||11.09 / 10.80||11.65||10.50|
|Shots on Target||4.16 / 4.20||4.26||4.05|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Reading vs Swansea City Odds
|HT 1||2.86||HT X||1.99||HT 2||3.88|
|Home Win Nil||3.45||Away Win Nil||5.00|
|Over 2.5||2.16||Under 2.5||1.70|
|BTTS Yes||2.00||BTTS NO||1.74|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.11||Under 9.5 Corners||1.73|