- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 Aïn M'lila vs CS Constantine
- 17:45 ASO Chlef vs NA Hussein Dey Belarus Vysheyshaya Liga
- 16:00 Slutsk vs Shakhtyor Egypt Egyptian Premier League
- 18:00 Wadi Degla vs El Gounah EURO 2020
- 14:00 Sweden vs Slovakia
- 17:00 Croatia vs Czech Republic
- 20:00 England vs Scotland Faroe Islands Faroe Islands Premier League
- 19:00 NSÍ vs B68 Finland Veikkausliiga
- 16:00 HJK vs Ilves
- 16:30 Inter Turku vs SJK Iceland 1. Deild
- 20:15 Grindavík vs Grótta Kazakhstan Kazakhstan Premier League
- 13:00 Kyzyl-Zhar vs Akzhayik
- 14:00 Shakhter Karagandy vs Taraz
- 15:00 Atyrau vs Astana
- 16:00 Ordabasy vs Aktobe Norway First Division
- 17:00 Raufoss vs Jerv
- 17:00 Sogndal vs Aalesund
- 17:00 Start vs Ullensaker - Kisa IL
- 19:00 Fredrikstad vs HamKam Republic of Ireland Premier Division
- 19:45 Dundalk vs Longford Town
- 19:45 Waterford vs Shamrock Rovers
- 19:45 St Patrick's Athl. vs Sligo Rovers
- 19:45 Bohemians vs Drogheda United
- 20:00 Finn Harps vs Derry City Venezuela Primera División
- 21:00 Zulia vs Estudiantes Mérida
Sporting Gijón will welcome CD Lugo to Estadio Municipal El Molinón for a matchday 38 fixture in Spain Segunda División. The last meeting on 4th January 2021 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met thirteen times in the most recent seasons. Sporting Gijón has won 8 matches, and CD Lugo triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 2.15 goals, while both teams score 54% of the time.
Sporting Gijón's latest fixture against Leganés ended in an away 0-0 draw. They were not spectacular, so this result seems fair.
CD Lugo's recent game against Real Zaragoza ended in a home 2-2 draw. One point was the maximum they could have won with that display. CD Lugo had good chances in both halves and scored in the 44th and 81st minute.
Since the start of the season, Sporting Gijón is more dominant at home. They have eleven wins out of 21 games on home soil. Sportinguistas's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 52% of home games.
CD Lugo has picked up 11 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. CD Lugo wins 0.71 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. CD Lugo kept a clean sheet in just 14% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Rojiblancos lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 52% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Albivermellos got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Monday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Sporting Gijón wins on average 1.90 points per home game, compared to 0.71 points per away game for CD Lugo. My prediction is Sporting Gijón to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.25 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 33% of Sporting Gijón's home and CD Lugo's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 53% of Sporting Gijón's home and CD Lugo's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Sporting Gijón vs CD Lugo Betting Tips
Sporting Gijón vs CD Lugo Head to Head
Average stats between Sporting Gijón and CD Lugo in most recent 13 outings in the Spain Segunda División.
Sporting Gijón vs CD Lugo Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sporting Gijón and CD Lugo across current season. Calculated from Sporting Gijón's Home stats and CD Lugo's Away stats.
Spain Segunda División Form
- Coming into this game, Sporting Gijón has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Sporting Gijón has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sporting Gijón has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 21 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Sporting Gijón recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Sporting Gijón has fired blanks in 17 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Sporting Gijón has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/42 games for Sporting Gijón this season.
- Sporting Gijón will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.88 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, CD Lugo has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. CD Lugo has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- CD Lugo has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Momentum is really building for CD Lugo as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- CD Lugo will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Sporting Gijón, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- CD Lugo has fired blanks in 15 games this season. That's 36% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 6 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for CD Lugo, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 20 matches (48% of all matches) involving CD Lugo has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that CD Lugo will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 6 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||40% / 33%||52 %||29 %|
|Draw %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||14 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||1.55 / 1.67||1.62||1.48|
|Scored||0.88 / 0.67||1.05||0.71|
|Conceded||0.67 / 1.00||0.57||0.76|
|BTTS %||29% / 33%||38 %||19 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 17%||14 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 17%||14 %||10 %|
|Scores %||60% / 50%||76 %||43 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 33%||52 %||48 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 50%||67 %||38 %|
|Possession %||52% / 47%||51 %||52 %|
|Corners||3.86 / 4.17||3.81||3.90|
|Cards||1.93 / 2.33||1.81||2.05|
|Offsides||1.88 / 1.80||2.10||1.67|
|Fouls||12.67 / 11.40||13.29||12.05|
|Shots||9.40 / 8.83||9.76||9.05|
|Shots on Target||4.33 / 4.50||4.38||4.29|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 33%||38 %||14 %|
|Draw %||33% / 33%||38 %||29 %|
|Loss %||40% / 33%||24 %||57 %|
|AVG Goals||2.17 / 1.83||1.71||2.62|
|Scored||0.90 / 1.00||0.95||0.86|
|Conceded||1.26 / 0.83||0.76||1.76|
|BTTS %||48% / 50%||38 %||57 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 17%||14 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||5 %||28 %|
|Scored in Both||10% / 17%||14 %||5 %|
|Scores %||64% / 67%||62 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 33%||43 %||14 %|
|Frist Goal %||40% / 50%||43 %||38 %|
|Possession %||42% / 44%||45 %||40 %|
|Corners||3.60 / 4.17||3.62||3.57|
|Cards||2.62 / 2.50||2.62||2.62|
|Offsides||1.62 / 1.60||1.63||1.60|
|Fouls||13.12 / 13.80||13.43||12.81|
|Shots||7.55 / 8.50||7.67||7.43|
|Shots on Target||3.64 / 4.00||3.52||3.76|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sporting Gijón vs CD Lugo Odds
|HT 1||2.49||HT X||1.87||HT 2||5.75|
|Home Win Nil||2.35||Away Win Nil||6.25|
|Over 2.5||2.69||Under 2.5||1.41|
|BTTS Yes||2.50||BTTS NO||1.45|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.46||Under 9.5 Corners||1.52|