- Asia AFC Champions League
- 23:00 Cerezo Osaka vs Melbourne City FC Brazil Serie A
- 20:00 Internacional vs Ceará
- 20:00 Bahia vs Corinthians
- 22:15 Santos vs São Paulo
- 22:15 Fortaleza vs Fluminense
- 22:15 Atlético PR vs Atlético GO Brazil Serie B
- 20:00 Náutico vs Botafogo Iceland Úrvalsdeild
- 20:15 Breidablik vs FH
- 20:15 Breidablik vs FH Spain Segunda División
- 20:00 Girona FC vs Rayo Vallecano Venezuela Primera División
- 20:00 Deportivo Táchira vs Portuguesa
Sporting Gijón will welcome Almería to Estadio Municipal El Molinón for a matchday 42 fixture in Spain Segunda División. The last meeting on 4th October 2020 ended in a Sporting Gijón 1-0 win. Both sides have met fifteen times in the most recent seasons. Sporting Gijón has won 10 matches, and Almería triumphed in 4. Recent outings average 2.33 goals, while both teams score 47% of the time.
Sporting Gijón's latest fixture against CF Fuenlabrada ended in an away 0-0 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day.
Almería's recent game against UD Logroñés ended in a home 2-1 win. Rojiblancos dominated the game and deserved the win. Almería put the pressure early on and scored in the 2nd and 27th minute.
Since the start of the season, Sporting Gijón is more dominant at home. They have eleven wins out of 21 games on home soil. Sportinguistas's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 52% of home games.
Almería has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Almería wins 1.59 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Almería kept a clean sheet in just 32% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Almería.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 1.98 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 35% of Sporting Gijón's home and Almería's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 48% of Sporting Gijón's home and Almería's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Sporting Gijón vs Almería Betting Tips
Sporting Gijón vs Almería Head to Head
Average stats between Sporting Gijón and Almería in most recent 15 outings in the Spain Segunda División.
Sporting Gijón vs Almería Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sporting Gijón and Almería across current season. Calculated from Sporting Gijón's Home stats and Almería's Away stats.
Spain Segunda División Form
- Coming into this game, Sporting Gijón has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Sporting Gijón has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sporting Gijón has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 21 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Sporting Gijón recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Sporting Gijón has fired blanks in 17 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Sporting Gijón has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/42 games for Sporting Gijón this season.
- Sporting Gijón will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.88 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Almería has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Almería has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Almería recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Almería has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 24/44 games for Almería this season.
- Almería will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 6 times and overall this season they have scored 1.39 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||40% / 33%||52 %||29 %|
|Draw %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||14 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||1.55 / 1.67||1.62||1.48|
|Scored||0.88 / 0.67||1.05||0.71|
|Conceded||0.67 / 1.00||0.57||0.76|
|BTTS %||29% / 33%||38 %||19 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 17%||14 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 17%||14 %||10 %|
|Scores %||60% / 50%||76 %||43 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 33%||52 %||48 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 50%||67 %||38 %|
|Possession %||52% / 47%||51 %||52 %|
|Corners||3.86 / 4.17||3.81||3.90|
|Cards||1.93 / 2.33||1.81||2.05|
|Offsides||1.88 / 1.80||2.10||1.67|
|Fouls||12.67 / 11.40||13.29||12.05|
|Shots||9.40 / 8.83||9.76||9.05|
|Shots on Target||4.33 / 4.50||4.38||4.29|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||48% / 33%||45 %||50 %|
|Draw %||25% / 33%||41 %||9 %|
|Loss %||27% / 33%||14 %||41 %|
|AVG Goals||2.36 / 2.50||2.36||2.36|
|Scored||1.39 / 1.17||1.55||1.23|
|Conceded||0.98 / 1.33||0.82||1.14|
|BTTS %||55% / 50%||59 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||25% / 17%||32 %||18 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 17%||0 %||23 %|
|Scored in Both||27% / 17%||27 %||27 %|
|Scores %||77% / 67%||73 %||82 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 33%||27 %||32 %|
|Frist Goal %||59% / 33%||59 %||59 %|
|Possession %||59% / 62%||60 %||58 %|
|Corners||4.55 / 4.00||4.91||4.18|
|Cards||3.14 / 2.00||2.59||3.68|
|Offsides||2.70 / 3.83||3.18||2.23|
|Fouls||14.91 / 13.83||14.32||15.50|
|Shots||9.93 / 8.17||10.91||8.95|
|Shots on Target||4.86 / 4.00||5.32||4.41|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sporting Gijón vs Almería Odds
|HT 1||2.55||HT X||2.15||HT 2||4.00|
|Home Win Nil||3.00||Away Win Nil||5.50|
|Over 2.5||2.00||Under 2.5||1.80|
|BTTS Yes||1.91||BTTS NO||1.87|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.86||Under 9.5 Corners||1.40|