- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 Olympique Médéa vs NC Magra
- 17:45 MC Alger vs JS Saoura
- 19:00 JS Kabylie vs US Biskra Brazil Serie A
- 20:00 Flamengo vs América Mineiro
- 20:00 Atlético Mineiro vs São Paulo
- 20:00 Grêmio vs Atlético PR Brazil Serie B
- 20:00 Botafogo vs Remo EURO 2020
- 17:00 Austria vs FYR Macedonia
- 20:00 Netherlands vs Ukraine Finland Ykkönen
- 16:30 JIPPO vs Jaro Latvia Virsliga
- 17:00 Riga vs Noah Jūrmala Morocco Botola Pro
- 19:15 Hassania Agadir vs Wydad Casablanca
- 21:30 Raja Casablanca vs RSB Berkane Norway Eliteserien
- 17:00 Sarpsborg 08 vs Brann
- 17:00 FK Bodo - Glimt vs Mjøndalen
- 17:00 Lillestrøm vs Haugesund
- 17:00 Strømsgodset vs Rosenborg
- 19:00 Viking vs Vålerenga Spain Segunda División
- 20:00 Rayo Vallecano vs Girona FC Uruguay Primera División
- 16:30 Deportivo Maldonado vs Cerro Largo
- 19:30 Nacional vs Fénix
Sporting Gijón will welcome UD Las Palmas to Estadio Municipal El Molinón for a matchday 40 fixture in Spain Segunda División. The last meeting on 29th November 2020 ended in a UD Las Palmas 3-2 win. Both sides have met seventeen times in the most recent seasons. Sporting Gijón has won 4 matches, and UD Las Palmas triumphed in 9. Recent outings average 2.47 goals, while both teams score 53% of the time.
Sporting Gijón's latest fixture against Girona FC ended in an away 1-0 loss. I expected more from Rojiblancos. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
UD Las Palmas's recent game against Real Zaragoza ended in a home 0-2 loss. Los Amarillos had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, Sporting Gijón is more dominant at home. They have eleven wins out of 21 games on home soil. Sportinguistas's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 52% of home games.
UD Las Palmas has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. UD Las Palmas wins 0.86 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. UD Las Palmas kept a clean sheet in just 29% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Rojiblancos lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 52% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Los Amarillos got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Thursday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Sporting Gijón wins on average 1.90 points per home game, compared to 0.86 points per away game for UD Las Palmas. My prediction is Sporting Gijón to win.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 1.87 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 29% of Sporting Gijón's home and UD Las Palmas's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 42% of Sporting Gijón's home and UD Las Palmas's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Sporting Gijón vs UD Las Palmas Betting Tips
Sporting Gijón vs UD Las Palmas Head to Head
Average stats between Sporting Gijón and UD Las Palmas in most recent 17 outings in the Spain Segunda División.
Sporting Gijón vs UD Las Palmas Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sporting Gijón and UD Las Palmas across current season. Calculated from Sporting Gijón's Home stats and UD Las Palmas's Away stats.
Spain Segunda División Form
- Coming into this game, Sporting Gijón has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Sporting Gijón has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sporting Gijón has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 21 occasions.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Sporting Gijón recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Sporting Gijón has fired blanks in 17 games this season. That's 40% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Sporting Gijón has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/42 games for Sporting Gijón this season.
- Sporting Gijón will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.88 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, UD Las Palmas has picked up 7 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. UD Las Palmas has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- UD Las Palmas has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for UD Las Palmas recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- UD Las Palmas has fired blanks in 15 games this season. That's 36% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 4 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for UD Las Palmas has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 20/42 games for UD Las Palmas this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||40% / 33%||52 %||29 %|
|Draw %||33% / 33%||33 %||33 %|
|Loss %||26% / 33%||14 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||1.55 / 1.67||1.62||1.48|
|Scored||0.88 / 0.67||1.05||0.71|
|Conceded||0.67 / 1.00||0.57||0.76|
|BTTS %||29% / 33%||38 %||19 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 17%||14 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 17%||14 %||10 %|
|Scores %||60% / 50%||76 %||43 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 33%||52 %||48 %|
|Frist Goal %||52% / 50%||67 %||38 %|
|Possession %||52% / 47%||51 %||52 %|
|Corners||3.86 / 4.17||3.81||3.90|
|Cards||1.93 / 2.33||1.81||2.05|
|Offsides||1.88 / 1.80||2.10||1.67|
|Fouls||12.67 / 11.40||13.29||12.05|
|Shots||9.40 / 8.83||9.76||9.05|
|Shots on Target||4.33 / 4.50||4.38||4.29|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||33% / 50%||52 %||14 %|
|Draw %||33% / 17%||24 %||43 %|
|Loss %||33% / 33%||24 %||43 %|
|AVG Goals||2.36 / 1.83||2.71||2.00|
|Scored||1.10 / 1.00||1.62||0.57|
|Conceded||1.26 / 0.83||1.10||1.43|
|BTTS %||48% / 17%||57 %||38 %|
|BTTS Win||17% / 17%||28 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||10% / 0%||10 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 33%||24 %||10 %|
|Scores %||64% / 50%||81 %||48 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 50%||29 %||29 %|
|Frist Goal %||33% / 50%||52 %||14 %|
|Possession %||53% / 52%||53 %||54 %|
|Corners||3.62 / 3.33||4.33||2.90|
|Cards||2.69 / 2.17||2.48||2.90|
|Offsides||1.86 / 1.17||1.52||2.19|
|Fouls||14.86 / 14.00||15.05||14.67|
|Shots||9.05 / 8.50||9.95||8.14|
|Shots on Target||4.21 / 5.00||5.00||3.43|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sporting Gijón vs UD Las Palmas Odds
|HT 1||2.45||HT X||1.91||HT 2||6.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.35||Away Win Nil||7.00|
|Over 2.5||2.40||Under 2.5||1.56|
|BTTS Yes||2.50||BTTS NO||1.49|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.75||Under 9.5 Corners||1.42|