Riga will welcome Metta - LU to Sporta komplekss Ķeizarmežs for a matchday 15 fixture in Latvia Virsliga. The last meeting on 10th April 2021 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met twenty-one times in the most recent seasons. Riga has won 16 matches, and Metta - LU triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 2.76 goals, while both teams score 43% of the time.
Riga's latest fixture against BFC Daugavpils ended in an away 1-1 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day. Riga set the tone early and scored in the 2nd minute.
Metta - LU's previous game in the competition versus Noah Jūrmala ended in an away 3-0 win. Although Metta - LU countered for most of the game, it was more than enough to win. Metta - LU was pretty good in both halves and scored in the 32nd, 58th and 73rd minute.
Since the start of the season, Riga is more dominant at home. They have seven wins out of 8 games on home soil. Zilibaltie's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Metta - LU has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Metta - LU wins 0.43 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Metta - LU kept a clean sheet in just 14% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won five consecutive matches. Riga is currently unbeaten at home in five games. Since the start of the season, they have lost at home on just one occasion.
Metta - LU failed to win in three consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Friday and win against Riga. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost three consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Riga wins on average 2.63 points per home game, compared to 0.43 points per away game for Metta - LU. My prediction is Riga to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.95 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 88% of Riga's home and Metta - LU's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 55% of Riga's home and Metta - LU's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Riga vs Metta - LU Betting Tips
Riga vs Metta - LU Head to Head
Average stats between Riga and Metta - LU in most recent 21 outings in the Latvia Virsliga.
Riga vs Metta - LU Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Riga and Metta - LU across current season. Calculated from Riga's Home stats and Metta - LU's Away stats.
Latvia Virsliga Form
- Coming into this game, Riga has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Riga has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Riga is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 5 games that they have played at home.
- Metta - LU's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Riga from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Riga has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 4 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 6 occasions.
- Riga will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Metta - LU, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Riga has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 7/14 games for Riga this season.
- It's likely that Riga will score today, as they have netted in the last 9 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Metta - LU has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Metta - LU has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Metta - LU ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Metta - LU recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Metta - LU has fired blanks in 6 games this season. That's 46% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Metta - LU has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 5/13 games for Metta - LU this season.
- Metta - LU will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 3 matches. During the last five games they have scored 3 times and overall this season they have scored 1 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||64% / 50%||88 %||33 %|
|Draw %||14% / 0%||0 %||33 %|
|Loss %||21% / 50%||13 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||3.36 / 3.50||3.38||3.33|
|Scored||2.43 / 1.83||2.63||2.17|
|Conceded||0.93 / 1.67||0.75||1.17|
|BTTS %||50% / 33%||38 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 17%||38 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||14% / 17%||0 %||33 %|
|Scored in Both||43% / 60%||50 %||33 %|
|Scores %||93% / 67%||87 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||43% / 33%||50 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||79% / 50%||75 %||83 %|
|Possession %||58% / 60%||59 %||58 %|
|Corners||6.93 / 6.80||7.88||5.67|
|Cards||2.21 / 1.00||2.38||2.00|
|Offsides||2.50 / 1.33||2.63||2.33|
|Fouls||14.07 / 11.00||13.25||15.17|
|Shots||12.07 / 13.80||10.75||13.83|
|Shots on Target||5.93 / 7.20||6.13||5.67|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||15% / 0%||17 %||14 %|
|Draw %||23% / 0%||50 %||0 %|
|Loss %||62% / 100%||33 %||86 %|
|AVG Goals||2.92 / 3.00||2.67||3.14|
|Scored||1.00 / 0.50||1.17||0.86|
|Conceded||1.92 / 2.50||1.50||2.29|
|BTTS %||38% / 50%||50 %||29 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||15% / 50%||0 %||28 %|
|Scored in Both||31% / 0%||33 %||28 %|
|Scores %||54% / 50%||67 %||43 %|
|Clean Sheet %||15% / 0%||17 %||14 %|
|Frist Goal %||31% / 33%||50 %||14 %|
|Possession %||37% / 44%||32 %||41 %|
|Corners||2.85 / 3.17||2.33||3.29|
|Cards||3.08 / 1.83||4.17||2.14|
|Offsides||1.54 / 1.60||2.00||1.14|
|Fouls||17.62 / 14.20||18.33||17.00|
|Shots||6.62 / 8.00||6.17||7.00|
|Shots on Target||3.15 / 4.33||4.00||2.43|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Riga vs Metta - LU Odds
|HT 1||1.44||HT X||3.10||HT 2||11.00|
|Home Win Nil||0.00||Away Win Nil||0.00|
|Over 2.5||1.38||Under 2.5||2.81|
|BTTS Yes||2.20||BTTS NO||1.54|
|Over 9.5 Corners||0.00||Under 9.5 Corners||0.00|