Salford City will welcome Tranmere Rovers to The Peninsula Stadium for a matchday 25 fixture in England EFL League Two. The last meeting on 5th October 2021 ended in a Tranmere Rovers 2-0 win. Both sides have met five times in the most recent seasons. Salford City has won 1 match, and Tranmere Rovers triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 20% of the time.
Salford City's latest fixture against Newport County ended in an away 2-0 win. Salford City was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. Salford City scored in both halves in the 44th and 52nd minute.
Tranmere Rovers's recent game against Scunthorpe United ended in a home 4-0 win. Although Tranmere Rovers didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Tranmere Rovers had good chances in both halves and scored in the 23rd, 31st, 75th and 89th minute.
Since the start of the season, Salford City is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 14 games on home soil. The Ammies's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Tranmere Rovers has picked up 16 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Tranmere Rovers wins 1.38 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Tranmere Rovers.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 1.56 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 22% of Salford City's home and Tranmere Rovers's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 26% of Salford City's home and Tranmere Rovers's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Salford City vs Tranmere Rovers Betting Tips
Salford City vs Tranmere Rovers Head to Head
Average stats between Salford City and Tranmere Rovers in most recent 5 outings in the England EFL League Two.
Salford City vs Tranmere Rovers Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Salford City and Tranmere Rovers across current season. Calculated from Salford City's Home stats and Tranmere Rovers's Away stats.
England EFL League Two Form
- Coming into this game, Salford City has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Salford City has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Salford City has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Tranmere Rovers's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Salford City from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- Salford City has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 9 occasions.
- Salford City will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Tranmere Rovers, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Salford City has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 10/21 games for Salford City this season.
- It's likely that Salford City will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Tranmere Rovers has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Tranmere Rovers has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Tranmere Rovers has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Momentum is really building for Tranmere Rovers as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Tranmere Rovers has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 12 occasions.
- Tranmere Rovers is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Salford City, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 7 goals in those 5 games.
- Tranmere Rovers has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 41% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 7 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Tranmere Rovers has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 5 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 4/22 games for Tranmere Rovers this season.
- It's likely that Tranmere Rovers will score today, as they have netted in the last 6 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||37% / 33%||36 %||38 %|
|Draw %||26% / 33%||43 %||8 %|
|Loss %||37% / 33%||21 %||54 %|
|AVG Goals||2.15 / 1.83||1.86||2.46|
|Scored||1.15 / 1.00||1.07||1.23|
|Conceded||1.00 / 0.83||0.79||1.23|
|BTTS %||44% / 33%||36 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||26% / 17%||7 %||46 %|
|Scored in Both||19% / 33%||21 %||15 %|
|Scores %||81% / 67%||71 %||92 %|
|Clean Sheet %||44% / 50%||50 %||38 %|
|Frist Goal %||56% / 50%||43 %||69 %|
|Possession %||51% / 52%||53 %||49 %|
|Corners||4.41 / 5.60||4.93||3.85|
|Cards||2.48 / 1.50||2.50||2.46|
|Offsides||2.04 / 1.40||2.43||1.58|
|Fouls||12.31 / 11.80||12.14||12.50|
|Shots||12.26 / 12.40||13.36||11.08|
|Shots on Target||5.15 / 4.40||5.43||4.85|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||54% / 67%||77 %||31 %|
|Draw %||23% / 17%||0 %||46 %|
|Loss %||23% / 17%||23 %||23 %|
|AVG Goals||1.65 / 3.50||1.92||1.38|
|Scored||1.08 / 2.00||1.46||0.69|
|Conceded||0.58 / 1.50||0.46||0.69|
|BTTS %||19% / 67%||15 %||23 %|
|BTTS Win||8% / 67%||15 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||23% / 67%||31 %||15 %|
|Scores %||65% / 67%||77 %||54 %|
|Clean Sheet %||58% / 17%||62 %||54 %|
|Frist Goal %||54% / 50%||69 %||38 %|
|Possession %||51% / 51%||53 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.58 / 4.80||4.92||4.23|
|Cards||2.00 / 1.67||1.92||2.08|
|Offsides||1.79 / 2.25||1.83||1.75|
|Fouls||12.00 / 13.00||10.85||13.15|
|Shots||11.85 / 12.40||12.00||11.69|
|Shots on Target||4.69 / 5.40||5.23||4.15|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Salford City vs Tranmere Rovers Odds
|HT 1||2.65||HT X||2.00||HT 2||3.70|
|Home Win Nil||3.45||Away Win Nil||5.75|
|Over 2.5||2.08||Under 2.5||1.67|
|BTTS Yes||1.95||BTTS NO||1.86|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.15||Under 9.5 Corners||1.70|