- England Premier League
- 18:00 Aston Villa vs Everton Iceland Úrvalsdeild
- 20:15 FH vs ÍA
- 20:15 Valur vs HK
- 20:15 Stjarnan vs Víkingur Reykjavík
- 20:15 Breidablik vs Keflavík Italy Serie A
- 19:45 Crotone vs Hellas Verona Italy Serie B
- 20:00 Venezia vs Chievo Norway Eliteserien
- 19:00 Rosenborg vs Viking Spain La Liga
- 18:00 Real Valladolid vs Villarreal
- 19:00 SD Eibar vs Real Betis
- 21:00 Granada CF vs Real Madrid Venezuela Primera División
- 22:00 Yaracuyanos vs Carabobo
Scunthorpe United will welcome Walsall to Sands Venue Stadium for a matchday 44 fixture in England EFL League Two. The last meeting on 29th December 2020 ended in a Scunthorpe United 2-1 win. Both sides have met seventeen times in the most recent seasons. Scunthorpe United has won 7 matches, and Walsall triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 2.29 goals, while both teams score 53% of the time.
Scunthorpe United's latest fixture against Mansfield Town ended in an away 3-0 loss. I expected more from Scunthorpe United. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Walsall's recent game against Salford City ended in a home 0-2 loss. The Saddlers had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch.
Since the start of the season, Scunthorpe United is more dominant at home. They have seven wins out of 23 games on home soil. Although Scunthorpe United is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 30% home clean sheets.
Walsall has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Walsall wins 1.13 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Walsall kept a clean sheet in just 22% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Walsall.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.29 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 34% of Scunthorpe United's home and Walsall's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Scunthorpe United vs Walsall Betting Tips
Scunthorpe United vs Walsall Head to Head
Average stats between Scunthorpe United and Walsall in most recent 17 outings in the England EFL League Two.
Scunthorpe United vs Walsall Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Scunthorpe United and Walsall across current season. Calculated from Scunthorpe United's Home stats and Walsall's Away stats.
England EFL League Two Form
- Coming into this game, Scunthorpe United has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Scunthorpe United has scored 0 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Scunthorpe United turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Scunthorpe United recently, with the side failing to score in 5 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Scunthorpe United has fired blanks in 21 games this season. That's 46% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 0 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Scunthorpe United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 16/46 games for Scunthorpe United this season.
- Scunthorpe United will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 5 matches. During the last five games they have scored 0 times and overall this season they have scored 0.91 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Walsall has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Walsall has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Walsall has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Walsall recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Walsall has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 26/46 games for Walsall this season.
- Walsall will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 3 times and overall this season they have scored 0.98 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||28% / 50%||30 %||26 %|
|Draw %||20% / 0%||26 %||13 %|
|Loss %||52% / 50%||43 %||61 %|
|AVG Goals||2.28 / 2.33||2.17||2.39|
|Scored||0.91 / 1.33||0.96||0.87|
|Conceded||1.37 / 1.00||1.22||1.52|
|BTTS %||35% / 33%||35 %||35 %|
|BTTS Win||9% / 17%||9 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 17%||9 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||20% / 33%||26 %||13 %|
|Scores %||54% / 67%||57 %||52 %|
|Clean Sheet %||26% / 33%||30 %||22 %|
|Frist Goal %||37% / 67%||39 %||35 %|
|Possession %||46% / 48%||46 %||47 %|
|Corners||4.15 / 4.00||4.00||4.30|
|Cards||1.30 / 1.50||1.26||1.35|
|Offsides||1.23 / 0.80||1.50||1.00|
|Fouls||10.38 / 12.60||10.82||9.96|
|Shots||9.04 / 10.40||9.26||8.83|
|Shots on Target||3.89 / 4.80||4.00||3.78|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||24% / 17%||30 %||17 %|
|Draw %||43% / 33%||26 %||61 %|
|Loss %||33% / 50%||43 %||22 %|
|AVG Goals||2.13 / 2.50||2.04||2.22|
|Scored||0.98 / 1.00||0.87||1.09|
|Conceded||1.15 / 1.50||1.17||1.13|
|BTTS %||57% / 67%||48 %||65 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 17%||17 %||13 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 17%||13 %||9 %|
|Scored in Both||17% / 17%||13 %||22 %|
|Scores %||65% / 67%||61 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||22% / 0%||22 %||22 %|
|Frist Goal %||43% / 50%||30 %||57 %|
|Possession %||50% / 53%||53 %||46 %|
|Corners||5.02 / 6.80||5.70||4.32|
|Cards||1.61 / 1.00||1.57||1.65|
|Offsides||1.50 / 1.00||1.59||1.41|
|Fouls||11.71 / 12.40||10.81||12.65|
|Shots||10.73 / 14.40||11.57||9.86|
|Shots on Target||4.20 / 5.20||4.57||3.82|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Scunthorpe United vs Walsall Odds
|HT 1||3.60||HT X||2.00||HT 2||3.25|
|Home Win Nil||4.20||Away Win Nil||3.75|
|Over 2.5||2.30||Under 2.5||1.59|
|BTTS Yes||1.95||BTTS NO||1.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.90||Under 9.5 Corners||1.90|