SD Ponferradina will welcome Real Zaragoza to Estadio El Toralín for a matchday 23 fixture in Spain Segunda División. The last meeting on 21st October 2021 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met eleven times in the most recent seasons. SD Ponferradina has won 2 matches, and Real Zaragoza triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 2.82 goals, while both teams score 82% of the time.
SD Ponferradina's latest fixture against Real Oviedo ended in an away 2-0 loss. I expected more from Deportiva. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Real Zaragoza's previous game in the competition versus Mirandés ended in an away 2-0 loss. Los Maños didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game.
Since the start of the season, SD Ponferradina is more dominant at home. They have six wins out of 12 games on home soil. Ponfe's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 42% of home games.
Real Zaragoza has picked up 5 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Leones has collected 1.25 points on average per away game, compared to 1.08 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Real Zaragoza kept a clean sheet in just 17% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Real Zaragoza.
SD Ponferradina vs Real Zaragoza Betting Tips
SD Ponferradina vs Real Zaragoza Head to Head
Average stats between SD Ponferradina and Real Zaragoza in most recent 11 outings in the Spain Segunda División.
SD Ponferradina vs Real Zaragoza Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between SD Ponferradina and Real Zaragoza across current season. Calculated from SD Ponferradina's Home stats and Real Zaragoza's Away stats.
Spain Segunda División Form
- Coming into this game, SD Ponferradina has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. SD Ponferradina has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- SD Ponferradina has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 4 games.
- Real Zaragoza's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop SD Ponferradina from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for SD Ponferradina ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- SD Ponferradina will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Real Zaragoza, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for SD Ponferradina, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 12 matches (55% of all matches) involving SD Ponferradina has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Real Zaragoza has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Real Zaragoza has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Real Zaragoza recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Real Zaragoza has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 41% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Real Zaragoza has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 10/22 games for Real Zaragoza this season.
- Real Zaragoza will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 3 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.77 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||46% / 33%||50 %||42 %|
|Draw %||33% / 50%||42 %||25 %|
|Loss %||21% / 17%||8 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.13 / 2.00||2.33||1.92|
|Scored||1.25 / 1.00||1.58||0.92|
|Conceded||0.88 / 1.00||0.75||1.00|
|BTTS %||54% / 67%||58 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 33%||25 %||17 %|
|BTTS Loss||8% / 0%||8 %||8 %|
|Scored in Both||25% / 17%||33 %||17 %|
|Scores %||79% / 67%||83 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 17%||42 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||67% / 33%||67 %||67 %|
|Possession %||49% / 49%||52 %||46 %|
|Corners||4.42 / 5.67||5.33||3.50|
|Cards||2.75 / 3.17||2.25||3.25|
|Offsides||2.21 / 1.80||2.75||1.67|
|Fouls||12.88 / 11.60||13.00||12.75|
|Shots||12.83 / 13.83||13.25||12.42|
|Shots on Target||4.83 / 4.50||5.58||4.08|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||21% / 17%||17 %||25 %|
|Draw %||54% / 33%||58 %||50 %|
|Loss %||25% / 50%||25 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||1.67 / 1.33||1.17||2.17|
|Scored||0.71 / 0.33||0.50||0.92|
|Conceded||0.96 / 1.00||0.67||1.25|
|BTTS %||42% / 0%||25 %||58 %|
|BTTS Win||8% / 0%||0 %||17 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||8% / 17%||8 %||8 %|
|Scores %||54% / 17%||42 %||67 %|
|Clean Sheet %||33% / 50%||50 %||17 %|
|Frist Goal %||25% / 17%||25 %||25 %|
|Possession %||55% / 54%||56 %||54 %|
|Corners||4.67 / 5.17||4.75||4.58|
|Cards||2.46 / 2.00||2.50||2.42|
|Offsides||2.46 / 2.80||2.42||2.50|
|Fouls||12.38 / 12.50||14.50||10.25|
|Shots||12.13 / 10.00||13.17||11.08|
|Shots on Target||4.54 / 3.33||5.00||4.08|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
SD Ponferradina vs Real Zaragoza Odds
|HT 1||3.25||HT X||1.95||HT 2||3.75|
|Home Win Nil||3.80||Away Win Nil||4.40|
|Over 2.5||2.40||Under 2.5||1.57|
|BTTS Yes||2.10||BTTS NO||1.67|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.44||Under 9.5 Corners||1.53|