Sheffield United will welcome Burnley to Bramall Lane for a matchday 38 fixture in England Premier League. The last meeting on 29th December 2020 ended in a Burnley 1-0 win. Both sides have met nine times in the most recent seasons. Sheffield United has won 1 match, and Burnley triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 3.00 goals, while both teams score 56% of the time.
Sheffield United's latest fixture against Newcastle United ended in an away 1-0 loss. I expected more from Sheffield United. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Burnley's recent game against Liverpool ended in a home 0-3 loss. The Clarets's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances.
Since the start of the season, Sheffield United is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 19 games on home soil. Although Sheffield United is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 21% home clean sheets.
Burnley has picked up 6 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Burnley has collected 1.11 points on average per away game, compared to 0.95 at home.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Sheffield United or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.34 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 42% of Sheffield United's home and Burnley's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Sheffield United vs Burnley Betting Tips
Sheffield United vs Burnley Head to Head
Average stats between Sheffield United and Burnley in most recent 9 outings in the England Premier League.
Sheffield United vs Burnley Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sheffield United and Burnley across current season. Calculated from Sheffield United's Home stats and Burnley's Away stats.
England Premier League Form
- Coming into this game, Sheffield United has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Sheffield United has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Sheffield United recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Sheffield United has fired blanks in 21 games this season. That's 55% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Sheffield United has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 12/38 games for Sheffield United this season.
- Coming into this game, Burnley has picked up 3 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Burnley has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Burnley recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Burnley has fired blanks in 17 games this season. That's 45% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Burnley has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/38 games for Burnley this season.
- Burnley will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 3 matches. During the last five games they have scored 3 times and overall this season they have scored 0.87 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||18% / 50%||26 %||11 %|
|Draw %||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|Loss %||76% / 50%||68 %||84 %|
|AVG Goals||2.18 / 1.67||2.05||2.32|
|Scored||0.53 / 0.50||0.63||0.42|
|Conceded||1.66 / 1.17||1.42||1.89|
|BTTS %||32% / 0%||32 %||32 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 0%||21 %||21 %|
|Scored in Both||5% / 0%||5 %||5 %|
|Scores %||45% / 50%||53 %||37 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 50%||21 %||5 %|
|Frist Goal %||26% / 50%||26 %||26 %|
|Possession %||41% / 41%||43 %||40 %|
|Corners||4.47 / 3.80||4.74||4.21|
|Cards||2.08 / 2.17||1.79||2.37|
|Offsides||1.92 / 1.80||2.11||1.74|
|Fouls||11.87 / 10.20||11.74||12.00|
|Shots||9.47 / 9.60||10.21||8.74|
|Shots on Target||3.53 / 2.40||3.84||3.21|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||26% / 33%||21 %||32 %|
|Draw %||24% / 0%||32 %||16 %|
|Loss %||50% / 67%||47 %||53 %|
|AVG Goals||2.32 / 2.83||2.16||2.47|
|Scored||0.87 / 1.17||0.74||1.00|
|Conceded||1.45 / 1.67||1.42||1.47|
|BTTS %||37% / 17%||47 %||26 %|
|BTTS Win||8% / 0%||11 %||5 %|
|BTTS Loss||16% / 17%||11 %||21 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 17%||5 %||16 %|
|Scores %||55% / 50%||58 %||53 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 33%||16 %||42 %|
|Frist Goal %||39% / 50%||37 %||42 %|
|Possession %||42% / 41%||43 %||41 %|
|Corners||4.53 / 5.20||4.84||4.21|
|Cards||1.26 / 1.00||1.26||1.26|
|Offsides||2.16 / 1.60||2.32||2.00|
|Fouls||10.03 / 8.80||10.11||9.95|
|Shots||11.03 / 13.40||11.47||10.58|
|Shots on Target||4.34 / 5.60||4.21||4.47|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sheffield United vs Burnley Odds
|HT 1||3.40||HT X||2.15||HT 2||2.85|
|Home Win Nil||5.00||Away Win Nil||4.00|
|Over 2.5||1.88||Under 2.5||2.02|
|BTTS Yes||1.62||BTTS NO||2.15|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.53||Under 9.5 Corners||2.44|