Shimizu S-Pulse will welcome Tokyo to IAI Stadium Nihondaira for a matchday 16 fixture in Japan J1 League. The last meeting on 14th October 2020 ended in a Tokyo 3-1 win. Both sides have met eighteen times in the most recent seasons. Shimizu S-Pulse has won 4 matches, and Tokyo triumphed in 10. Recent outings average 2.44 goals, while both teams score 50% of the time.
Shimizu S-Pulse's latest fixture against Consadole Sapporo ended in an away 2-0 loss. I expected more from Shimizu S-Pulse. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Tokyo's recent game against Gamba Osaka ended in a home 1-0 win. Although Tokyo didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Tokyo put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 1st minute.
So far, Shimizu S-Pulse plays better on the road than at home. They win 0.89 points per away game on average compared to 0.88 points at home. Although Shimizu S-Pulse is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 25% home clean sheets.
Tokyo has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Tokyo wins 1.13 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Shimizu S-Pulse or Draw.
Shimizu S-Pulse vs Tokyo Betting Tips
Shimizu S-Pulse vs Tokyo Head to Head
Average stats between Shimizu S-Pulse and Tokyo in most recent 18 outings in the Japan J1 League.
Shimizu S-Pulse vs Tokyo Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Shimizu S-Pulse and Tokyo across current season. Calculated from Shimizu S-Pulse's Home stats and Tokyo's Away stats.
Japan J1 League Form
- Coming into this game, Shimizu S-Pulse has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Shimizu S-Pulse has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Shimizu S-Pulse ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Shimizu S-Pulse recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Shimizu S-Pulse has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 5 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Shimizu S-Pulse has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/17 games for Shimizu S-Pulse this season.
- Coming into this game, Tokyo has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Tokyo has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Tokyo has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Tokyo has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 5 occasions.
- Tokyo will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Shimizu S-Pulse, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Tokyo recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Tokyo has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/18 games for Tokyo this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||18% / 33%||13 %||22 %|
|Draw %||35% / 33%||50 %||22 %|
|Loss %||47% / 33%||38 %||56 %|
|AVG Goals||2.24 / 3.17||2.38||2.11|
|Scored||0.88 / 1.67||0.88||0.89|
|Conceded||1.35 / 1.50||1.50||1.22|
|BTTS %||47% / 67%||38 %||56 %|
|BTTS Win||12% / 17%||0 %||22 %|
|BTTS Loss||12% / 17%||0 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||12% / 17%||25 %||0 %|
|Scores %||53% / 83%||50 %||56 %|
|Clean Sheet %||18% / 17%||25 %||11 %|
|Frist Goal %||41% / 50%||50 %||33 %|
|Possession %||43% / 47%||44 %||42 %|
|Corners||3.65 / 4.00||4.38||3.00|
|Cards||0.59 / 0.83||0.75||0.44|
|Offsides||1.12 / 1.33||1.00||1.22|
|Fouls||8.71 / 9.50||8.63||8.78|
|Shots||9.88 / 11.17||11.00||8.89|
|Shots on Target||3.94 / 5.67||4.13||3.78|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||39% / 67%||50 %||25 %|
|Draw %||22% / 0%||10 %||38 %|
|Loss %||39% / 33%||40 %||38 %|
|AVG Goals||2.78 / 1.67||3.40||2.00|
|Scored||1.28 / 1.00||1.60||0.88|
|Conceded||1.50 / 0.67||1.80||1.13|
|BTTS %||50% / 33%||70 %||25 %|
|BTTS Win||22% / 17%||40 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 17%||30 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 17%||10 %||13 %|
|Scores %||67% / 83%||80 %||50 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 50%||20 %||38 %|
|Frist Goal %||28% / 83%||20 %||38 %|
|Possession %||47% / 43%||45 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.94 / 3.17||5.00||4.88|
|Cards||1.17 / 0.67||1.20||1.13|
|Offsides||0.89 / 1.67||1.00||0.75|
|Fouls||9.33 / 11.67||9.30||9.38|
|Shots||9.50 / 8.50||10.90||7.75|
|Shots on Target||4.17 / 3.67||4.90||3.25|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Shimizu S-Pulse vs Tokyo Odds
|HT 1||3.70||HT X||2.15||HT 2||2.70|
|Home Win Nil||5.25||Away Win Nil||3.60|
|Over 2.5||1.95||Under 2.5||1.75|
|BTTS Yes||2.05||BTTS NO||1.74|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.00||Under 9.5 Corners||1.80|