- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Benfica will welcome Paços de Ferreira to Estádio do Sport Lisboa e Benfica for a matchday 17 fixture in Portugal Liga NOS. The last meeting on 19th November 2021 ended in a Benfica 4-1 win. Both sides have met twenty-three times in the most recent seasons. Benfica has won 20 matches, and Paços de Ferreira triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 3.09 goals, while both teams score 43% of the time.
Benfica's latest fixture against Porto ended in an away 3-1 loss. I expected more from Benfica. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Benfica was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 46 minute.
Paços de Ferreira's recent game against Santa Clara ended in a home 2-1 win. Paços de Ferreira dominated the game and deserved the win. Paços de Ferreira pushed forward in the second half and scored in the 69th and 82nd minute.
So far, Benfica plays better on the road than at home. They win 2.50 points per away game on average compared to 2.11 points at home. Although Benfica is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 22% home clean sheets.
Paços de Ferreira has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. Paços de Ferreira don't feel the pressure of playing away. So far, they earn an average of 1.00 points per game, both home and away. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Paços de Ferreira kept a clean sheet in just 33% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Benfica is currently unbeaten at home in three games. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
Paços de Ferreira failed to win in two consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Sunday and win against Benfica.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Benfica wins on average 2.11 points per home game, compared to 1.00 points per away game for Paços de Ferreira. My prediction is Benfica to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.07 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 50% of Benfica's home and Paços de Ferreira's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 57% of Benfica's home and Paços de Ferreira's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Benfica vs Paços de Ferreira Betting Tips
Benfica vs Paços de Ferreira Head to Head
Average stats between Benfica and Paços de Ferreira in most recent 23 outings in the Portugal Liga NOS.
Benfica vs Paços de Ferreira Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Benfica and Paços de Ferreira across current season. Calculated from Benfica's Home stats and Paços de Ferreira's Away stats.
Portugal Liga NOS Form
- Coming into this game, Benfica has picked up 9 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Benfica has scored 20 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Paços de Ferreira's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Benfica from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 7 games for Benfica ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- In the last 5 matches for Benfica, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (63% of all matches) involving Benfica has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Benfica will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 20 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Paços de Ferreira has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Paços de Ferreira has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Paços de Ferreira has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Paços de Ferreira recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Paços de Ferreira has fired blanks in 6 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 4 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Paços de Ferreira has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 7/16 games for Paços de Ferreira this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||74% / 50%||67 %||80 %|
|Draw %||11% / 17%||11 %||10 %|
|Loss %||16% / 33%||22 %||10 %|
|AVG Goals||3.58 / 3.50||3.67||3.50|
|Scored||2.74 / 2.17||2.67||2.80|
|Conceded||0.84 / 1.33||1.00||0.70|
|BTTS %||58% / 50%||67 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||37% / 17%||44 %||30 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 17%||11 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||42% / 50%||44 %||40 %|
|Scores %||95% / 83%||89 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||37% / 33%||22 %||50 %|
|Frist Goal %||74% / 50%||56 %||90 %|
|Possession %||63% / 62%||68 %||59 %|
|Corners||6.05 / 6.33||6.22||5.90|
|Cards||2.16 / 2.67||2.00||2.30|
|Offsides||2.63 / 3.33||3.89||1.50|
|Fouls||13.79 / 14.83||14.67||13.00|
|Shots||16.21 / 15.83||18.56||14.10|
|Shots on Target||7.21 / 6.50||7.22||7.20|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||21% / 33%||20 %||22 %|
|Draw %||37% / 33%||40 %||33 %|
|Loss %||42% / 33%||40 %||44 %|
|AVG Goals||1.95 / 1.50||2.10||1.78|
|Scored||0.74 / 0.67||0.90||0.56|
|Conceded||1.21 / 0.83||1.20||1.22|
|BTTS %||42% / 33%||50 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||5% / 17%||10 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||16% / 0%||20 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scores %||58% / 50%||60 %||56 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 33%||30 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||47% / 33%||50 %||44 %|
|Possession %||47% / 48%||48 %||46 %|
|Corners||5.32 / 5.17||5.30||5.33|
|Cards||3.37 / 3.83||3.20||3.56|
|Offsides||1.84 / 2.17||1.80||1.89|
|Fouls||16.68 / 16.50||17.30||16.00|
|Shots||11.79 / 9.67||12.10||11.44|
|Shots on Target||4.05 / 3.67||3.90||4.22|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Benfica vs Paços de Ferreira Odds
|HT 1||1.53||HT X||2.88||HT 2||12.00|
|Home Win Nil||1.67||Away Win Nil||21.00|
|Over 2.5||1.45||Under 2.5||2.55|
|BTTS Yes||2.38||BTTS NO||1.53|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.83||Under 9.5 Corners||1.97|