Sligo Rovers will welcome St Patrick's Athl. to The Showgrounds for a matchday 9 fixture in Republic of Ireland Premier Division. The last meeting on 12th September 2020 ended in a 0-0 draw. Both sides have met twenty-five times in the most recent seasons. Sligo Rovers has won 3 matches, and St Patrick's Athl. triumphed in 12. Recent outings average 2.08 goals, while both teams score 44% of the time.
So far, Sligo Rovers plays better on the road than at home. They win 2.60 points per away game on average compared to 1.20 points at home. Although Sligo Rovers is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 20% home clean sheets.
St Patrick's Athl. has picked up 11 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Saints wins 1.80 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Sligo Rovers or Draw.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 1.63 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 0% of Sligo Rovers's home and St Patrick's Athl.'s away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Lately, there are not that many high-scoring games for both sides. I am confident that the tendency will keep going and at least one team will keep a clean sheet. A bet that both sides will score wins in an average of 50% of Sligo Rovers's home and St Patrick's Athl.'s away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: No.
Sligo Rovers vs St Patrick's Athl. Betting Tips
Sligo Rovers vs St Patrick's Athl. Head to Head
Average stats between Sligo Rovers and St Patrick's Athl. in most recent 25 outings in the Republic of Ireland Premier Division.
Sligo Rovers vs St Patrick's Athl. Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sligo Rovers and St Patrick's Athl. across current season. Calculated from Sligo Rovers's Home stats and St Patrick's Athl.'s Away stats.
Republic of Ireland Premier Division Form
- Coming into this game, Sligo Rovers has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Sligo Rovers has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sligo Rovers has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- Sligo Rovers will be looking to keep up the momentum today against St Patrick's Athl., having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Sligo Rovers, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 6 matches (60% of all matches) involving Sligo Rovers has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, St Patrick's Athl. has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. St Patrick's Athl. has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from St Patrick's Athl. away from home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Scoring is not an issue for St Patrick's Athl. when they play away from home. They have scored in the last 5 games they have played on the road. Can Sligo Rovers stop this run?
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for St Patrick's Athl. ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- St Patrick's Athl. has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 3 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 5 occasions.
- St Patrick's Athl. will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Sligo Rovers, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for St Patrick's Athl. has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 5/10 games for St Patrick's Athl. this season.
- It's likely that St Patrick's Athl. will score today, as they have netted in the last 10 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 33%||20 %||80 %|
|Draw %||40% / 17%||60 %||20 %|
|Loss %||10% / 50%||20 %||0 %|
|AVG Goals||1.90 / 2.00||1.60||2.20|
|Scored||1.20 / 0.67||0.80||1.60|
|Conceded||0.70 / 1.33||0.80||0.60|
|BTTS %||60% / 17%||60 %||60 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 17%||0 %||40 %|
|BTTS Loss||0% / 0%||0 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||20% / 33%||0 %||40 %|
|Scores %||90% / 33%||80 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||30% / 33%||20 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||60% / 33%||60 %||60 %|
|Possession %||50% / 49%||52 %||49 %|
|Corners||4.70 / 4.50||4.20||5.20|
|Cards||2.10 / 2.60||2.00||2.20|
|Offsides||0.50 / 0.67||0.00||0.50|
|Fouls||13.50 / 12.67||0.00||13.50|
|Shots||9.50 / 7.50||7.60||11.40|
|Shots on Target||5.20 / 3.17||3.80||6.60|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||60% / 50%||80 %||40 %|
|Draw %||30% / 33%||0 %||60 %|
|Loss %||10% / 17%||20 %||0 %|
|AVG Goals||2.10 / 2.17||2.40||1.80|
|Scored||1.50 / 1.50||1.80||1.20|
|Conceded||0.60 / 0.67||0.60||0.60|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||40 %||60 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 0%||20 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||10% / 17%||20 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||10% / 17%||0 %||20 %|
|Scores %||100% / 100%||100 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||50% / 50%||60 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||90% / 83%||100 %||80 %|
|Possession %||55% / 55%||61 %||49 %|
|Corners||5.50 / 5.80||4.80||6.20|
|Cards||1.70 / 1.67||1.60||1.80|
|Offsides||1.00 / 0.00||0.00||1.00|
|Fouls||18.00 / 0.00||0.00||18.00|
|Shots||10.40 / 12.40||12.80||8.00|
|Shots on Target||5.00 / 5.60||6.00||4.00|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sligo Rovers vs St Patrick's Athl. Odds
|HT 1||4.27||HT X||1.93||HT 2||3.41|
|Home Win Nil||4.50||Away Win Nil||3.50|
|Over 2.5||2.70||Under 2.5||1.43|
|BTTS Yes||2.30||BTTS NO||1.57|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.38||Under 9.5 Corners||1.56|