SPAL will welcome Benevento to Stadio Paolo Mazza for a matchday 19 fixture in Italy Serie B. The last meeting on 14th August 2021 ended in a Benevento 2-1 win. Both sides have met eight times in the most recent seasons. SPAL has won 4 matches, and Benevento triumphed in 4. Recent outings average 2.63 goals, while both teams score 38% of the time.
SPAL's latest fixture against Frosinone ended in an away 4-0 loss. SPAL dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it.
Benevento's recent game against Monza ended in a home 3-1 win. Benevento dominated the game and deserved the win. Benevento had good chances in both halves and scored in the 7th, 40th and 66th minute.
So far, SPAL plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.22 points per away game on average compared to 1.00 points at home. Although SPAL is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 18% home clean sheets.
Benevento has picked up 13 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Benevento wins 1.50 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Benevento kept a clean sheet in just 30% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Benevento.
SPAL vs Benevento Betting Tips
SPAL vs Benevento Head to Head
Average stats between SPAL and Benevento in most recent 8 outings in the Italy Serie B.
SPAL vs Benevento Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between SPAL and Benevento across current season. Calculated from SPAL's Home stats and Benevento's Away stats.
Italy Serie B Form
- Coming into this game, SPAL has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. SPAL has scored 4 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for SPAL ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for SPAL recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for SPAL has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 10/18 games for SPAL this season.
- SPAL will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 4 times and overall this season they have scored 1.22 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Benevento has picked up 12 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Benevento has scored 11 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Benevento has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Momentum is really building for Benevento as they have now gone 4 games without losing. They have won 4 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Benevento ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Benevento will be looking to keep up the momentum today against SPAL, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 4 and drawn 0
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Benevento has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 7/17 games for Benevento this season.
- It's likely that Benevento will score today, as they have netted in the last 4 games coming into this one and have scored 11 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||25% / 50%||18 %||33 %|
|Draw %||35% / 17%||45 %||22 %|
|Loss %||40% / 33%||36 %||44 %|
|AVG Goals||2.50 / 3.00||3.09||1.78|
|Scored||1.15 / 1.50||1.55||0.67|
|Conceded||1.35 / 1.50||1.55||1.11|
|BTTS %||55% / 50%||73 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||10% / 17%||9 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 17%||27 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 50%||18 %||11 %|
|Scores %||70% / 83%||82 %||56 %|
|Clean Sheet %||25% / 33%||18 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||35% / 67%||36 %||33 %|
|Possession %||52% / 50%||55 %||49 %|
|Corners||5.50 / 4.67||6.27||4.56|
|Cards||2.50 / 1.17||2.27||2.78|
|Offsides||1.30 / 2.50||1.27||1.33|
|Fouls||14.10 / 11.17||13.91||14.33|
|Shots||16.95 / 13.50||20.18||13.00|
|Shots on Target||5.80 / 4.67||6.91||4.44|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 50%||60 %||40 %|
|Draw %||25% / 17%||20 %||30 %|
|Loss %||25% / 33%||20 %||30 %|
|AVG Goals||2.65 / 2.67||3.20||2.10|
|Scored||1.65 / 1.50||2.10||1.20|
|Conceded||1.00 / 1.17||1.10||0.90|
|BTTS %||45% / 67%||50 %||40 %|
|BTTS Win||25% / 33%||40 %||10 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 17%||10 %||0 %|
|Scored in Both||35% / 17%||50 %||20 %|
|Scores %||70% / 83%||70 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||35% / 17%||40 %||30 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 50%||40 %||60 %|
|Possession %||56% / 53%||57 %||55 %|
|Corners||5.90 / 5.50||6.10||5.70|
|Cards||2.45 / 2.17||2.50||2.40|
|Offsides||2.20 / 2.00||2.30||2.10|
|Fouls||12.50 / 11.50||11.40||13.60|
|Shots||15.85 / 14.50||16.80||14.90|
|Shots on Target||5.05 / 6.17||5.30||4.80|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
SPAL vs Benevento Odds
|HT 1||3.40||HT X||2.20||HT 2||3.00|
|Home Win Nil||5.00||Away Win Nil||4.00|
|Over 2.5||1.93||Under 2.5||1.93|
|BTTS Yes||1.67||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.55||Under 9.5 Corners||2.38|