Sporting CP will welcome CS Marítimo to Estádio José Alvalade for a matchday 34 fixture in Portugal Liga NOS. The last meeting on 5th February 2021 ended in a Sporting CP 2-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-three times in the most recent seasons. Sporting CP has won 14 matches, and CS Marítimo triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 2.65 goals, while both teams score 39% of the time.
Sporting CP's latest fixture against Benfica ended in an away 4-3 loss. I expected more from Sporting CP. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Sporting CP was much better than Benfica in the second half and scored in the 45+1, 62nd and 77th minute.
CS Marítimo's recent game against Vitória Guimarães ended in a home 0-0 draw. The strikers had plenty of good goal-scoring opportunities. They should have done better to earn their team three points instead of one.
Since the start of the season, Sporting CP is more dominant at home. They have thirteen wins out of 17 games on home soil. Leões's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 53% of home games.
CS Marítimo has picked up 8 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. CS Marítimo wins 1.00 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. CS Marítimo kept a clean sheet in just 18% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won three consecutive matches. Sporting CP is yet to lose at home, being undefeated in seventeen games.
CS Marítimo failed to win in two consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Wednesday and win against Sporting CP.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Sporting CP wins on average 2.53 points per home game, compared to 1.00 points per away game for CS Marítimo. My prediction is Sporting CP to win.
Sporting CP vs CS Marítimo Betting Tips
Sporting CP vs CS Marítimo Head to Head
Average stats between Sporting CP and CS Marítimo in most recent 23 outings in the Portugal Liga NOS.
Sporting CP vs CS Marítimo Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sporting CP and CS Marítimo across current season. Calculated from Sporting CP's Home stats and CS Marítimo's Away stats.
Portugal Liga NOS Form
- Coming into this game, Sporting CP has picked up 12 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Sporting CP has scored 13 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sporting CP is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Sporting CP at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 17 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Sporting CP will be confident of scoring today and will look to keep up their record of scoring in every single home game this season.
- Sporting CP has had no trouble finding the back of the net recently and has scored in the last 17 home games. They have failed to find the net in 0 home game this season.
- Sporting CP has kept 3 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 5 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 20 occasions.
- Sporting CP will be looking to keep up the momentum today against CS Marítimo, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 4 and drawn 0
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Sporting CP has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 4 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 14/34 games for Sporting CP this season.
- It's likely that Sporting CP will score today, as they have netted in the last 13 games coming into this one and have scored 13 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, CS Marítimo has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. CS Marítimo has scored 3 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for CS Marítimo recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- CS Marítimo has fired blanks in 13 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 3 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for CS Marítimo has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 15/34 games for CS Marítimo this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||76% / 83%||76 %||76 %|
|Draw %||21% / 0%||24 %||18 %|
|Loss %||3% / 17%||0 %||6 %|
|AVG Goals||2.50 / 3.17||2.59||2.41|
|Scored||1.91 / 2.33||2.00||1.82|
|Conceded||0.59 / 0.83||0.59||0.59|
|BTTS %||41% / 33%||47 %||35 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 17%||24 %||18 %|
|BTTS Loss||3% / 17%||0 %||6 %|
|Scored in Both||41% / 50%||35 %||47 %|
|Scores %||97% / 100%||100 %||94 %|
|Clean Sheet %||59% / 67%||53 %||65 %|
|Frist Goal %||82% / 83%||82 %||82 %|
|Possession %||58% / 53%||60 %||55 %|
|Corners||5.85 / 6.50||6.41||5.29|
|Cards||2.68 / 3.50||2.71||2.65|
|Offsides||1.33 / 1.00||1.12||1.56|
|Fouls||15.24 / 15.33||16.00||14.47|
|Shots||12.68 / 15.33||13.12||12.24|
|Shots on Target||5.62 / 5.67||6.24||5.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||29% / 33%||29 %||29 %|
|Draw %||15% / 33%||18 %||12 %|
|Loss %||56% / 33%||53 %||59 %|
|AVG Goals||2.18 / 1.83||1.82||2.53|
|Scored||0.79 / 0.67||0.59||1.00|
|Conceded||1.38 / 1.17||1.24||1.53|
|BTTS %||44% / 33%||29 %||59 %|
|BTTS Win||12% / 0%||6 %||18 %|
|BTTS Loss||28% / 17%||24 %||35 %|
|Scored in Both||3% / 0%||0 %||6 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||53 %||71 %|
|Clean Sheet %||29% / 50%||41 %||18 %|
|Frist Goal %||35% / 33%||47 %||24 %|
|Possession %||44% / 47%||44 %||44 %|
|Corners||3.85 / 4.50||3.88||3.82|
|Cards||3.06 / 3.17||3.24||2.88|
|Offsides||1.88 / 1.17||1.65||2.12|
|Fouls||16.32 / 16.00||17.71||14.94|
|Shots||9.88 / 8.00||9.41||10.35|
|Shots on Target||4.15 / 2.33||4.00||4.29|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sporting CP vs CS Marítimo Odds
|HT 1||1.80||HT X||2.50||HT 2||7.50|
|Home Win Nil||1.95||Away Win Nil||10.75|
|Over 2.5||1.61||Under 2.5||2.30|
|BTTS Yes||2.00||BTTS NO||1.77|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.98||Under 9.5 Corners||1.83|