Napoli will welcome Sampdoria to Stadio Diego Armando Maradona for a matchday 21 fixture in Italy Serie A. The last meeting on 23rd September 2021 ended in a Napoli 4-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-three times in the most recent seasons. Napoli has won 17 matches, and Sampdoria triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 3.26 goals, while both teams score 48% of the time.
Napoli's latest fixture against Juventus ended in an away 1-1 draw. I expected more from their creative midfielders, but it just wasn't their day. Napoli set the tone early and scored in the 23rd minute.
Sampdoria's recent game against Cagliari ended in a home 1-2 loss. I Blucerchiati's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. Sampdoria put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 18th minute.
So far, Napoli plays better on the road than at home. They win 2.18 points per away game on average compared to 2.08 points at home. Azzurri's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Sampdoria has picked up 2 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. La Samp has collected 1.00 points on average per away game, compared to 0.75 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Sampdoria kept a clean sheet in just 27% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won two consecutive matches. Partenopei is currently unbeaten at home in two games. Since the start of the season, they have just three home defeats.
I Blucerchiati failed to win in three consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Sunday and win against Partenopei. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost two consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Napoli wins on average 2.08 points per home game, compared to 1.00 points per away game for Sampdoria. My prediction is Napoli to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.7 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 54% of Napoli's home and Sampdoria's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Napoli vs Sampdoria Betting Tips
Napoli vs Sampdoria Head to Head
Average stats between Napoli and Sampdoria in most recent 23 outings in the Italy Serie A.
Napoli vs Sampdoria Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Napoli and Sampdoria across current season. Calculated from Napoli's Home stats and Sampdoria's Away stats.
Italy Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Napoli has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Napoli has scored 5 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Napoli recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Napoli has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 7/19 games for Napoli this season.
- Coming into this game, Sampdoria has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Sampdoria has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sampdoria has enjoyed playing away from home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 18 games for Sampdoria ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- The last 5 games for Sampdoria has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Sampdoria has seen a total of 14/20 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 70% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Sampdoria will score today, as they have netted in the last 9 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||65% / 50%||67 %||64 %|
|Draw %||17% / 17%||8 %||27 %|
|Loss %||17% / 33%||25 %||9 %|
|AVG Goals||2.57 / 3.00||2.50||2.64|
|Scored||1.87 / 1.67||1.83||1.91|
|Conceded||0.70 / 1.33||0.67||0.73|
|BTTS %||39% / 50%||33 %||45 %|
|BTTS Win||17% / 17%||17 %||18 %|
|BTTS Loss||9% / 17%||8 %||9 %|
|Scored in Both||48% / 50%||42 %||55 %|
|Scores %||87% / 83%||83 %||91 %|
|Clean Sheet %||52% / 33%||50 %||55 %|
|Frist Goal %||70% / 67%||58 %||82 %|
|Possession %||60% / 64%||63 %||56 %|
|Corners||5.35 / 7.67||6.75||3.82|
|Cards||1.74 / 1.67||1.50||2.00|
|Offsides||1.65 / 2.00||1.58||1.73|
|Fouls||12.17 / 13.33||11.33||13.09|
|Shots||17.26 / 20.00||19.83||14.45|
|Shots on Target||6.52 / 7.33||7.00||6.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||22% / 0%||17 %||27 %|
|Draw %||22% / 17%||25 %||18 %|
|Loss %||57% / 83%||58 %||55 %|
|AVG Goals||3.04 / 2.50||3.42||2.64|
|Scored||1.26 / 0.67||1.33||1.18|
|Conceded||1.78 / 1.83||2.08||1.45|
|BTTS %||65% / 67%||83 %||45 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 0%||17 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||35% / 50%||42 %||27 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 0%||17 %||27 %|
|Scores %||74% / 67%||83 %||64 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 0%||0 %||27 %|
|Frist Goal %||39% / 33%||42 %||36 %|
|Possession %||45% / 42%||45 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.26 / 1.50||4.17||4.36|
|Cards||3.00 / 2.33||3.08||2.91|
|Offsides||2.39 / 2.17||2.17||2.64|
|Fouls||12.65 / 10.33||12.17||13.18|
|Shots||12.22 / 8.67||12.58||11.82|
|Shots on Target||4.78 / 3.17||5.00||4.55|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Napoli vs Sampdoria Odds
|HT 1||2.00||HT X||2.50||HT 2||5.50|
|Home Win Nil||2.50||Away Win Nil||11.00|
|Over 2.5||1.60||Under 2.5||2.25|
|BTTS Yes||1.75||BTTS NO||2.00|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.72||Under 9.5 Corners||2.12|