- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Stevenage will welcome Walsall to The Lamex Stadium for a matchday 26 fixture in England EFL League Two. The last meeting on 28th August 2021 ended in a Walsall 1-0 win. Both sides have met ten times in the most recent seasons. Stevenage has won 2 matches, and Walsall triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 2.00 goals, while both teams score 60% of the time.
Stevenage's latest fixture against Forest Green Rovers ended in an away 2-0 loss. I expected more from Stevenage. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points.
Walsall's recent game against Newport County ended in a home 3-3 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points. Walsall pushed forward in the second half and scored in the 53rd, 65th and 90+5 minute.
Since the start of the season, Stevenage is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 14 games on home soil. Although Stevenage is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 29% home clean sheets.
Walsall has picked up 5 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Walsall wins 1.00 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Walsall kept a clean sheet in just 25% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or Walsall.
Still, I expect a close game and don't think that we will see a lot of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 29% of Stevenage's home and Walsall's away games. My prediction is Under 2.5 Goals.
Stevenage vs Walsall Betting Tips
Stevenage vs Walsall Head to Head
Average stats between Stevenage and Walsall in most recent 10 outings in the England EFL League Two.
Stevenage vs Walsall Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Stevenage and Walsall across current season. Calculated from Stevenage's Home stats and Walsall's Away stats.
England EFL League Two Form
- Coming into this game, Stevenage has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Stevenage has scored 1 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Stevenage turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Stevenage recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Stevenage has fired blanks in 11 games this season. That's 48% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 1 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Stevenage has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/23 games for Stevenage this season.
- Stevenage will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 4 matches. During the last five games they have scored 1 times and overall this season they have scored 0.7 goals per game.
- Coming into this game, Walsall has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Walsall has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Walsall has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- Walsall will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Stevenage, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Walsall has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 2 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 13/22 games for Walsall this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||22% / 33%||36 %||8 %|
|Draw %||37% / 33%||43 %||31 %|
|Loss %||41% / 33%||21 %||62 %|
|AVG Goals||2.48 / 1.83||2.57||2.38|
|Scored||0.93 / 0.83||1.29||0.54|
|Conceded||1.56 / 1.00||1.29||1.85|
|BTTS %||44% / 33%||57 %||31 %|
|BTTS Win||7% / 17%||14 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 17%||7 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 17%||36 %||8 %|
|Scores %||59% / 50%||79 %||38 %|
|Clean Sheet %||26% / 50%||29 %||23 %|
|Frist Goal %||41% / 17%||57 %||23 %|
|Possession %||47% / 45%||46 %||48 %|
|Corners||4.74 / 5.00||4.50||5.00|
|Cards||1.44 / 1.17||1.36||1.54|
|Offsides||2.11 / 1.00||2.86||1.31|
|Fouls||11.78 / 10.20||12.14||11.38|
|Shots||11.59 / 12.60||12.36||10.77|
|Shots on Target||4.85 / 4.00||5.64||4.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||28% / 17%||31 %||25 %|
|Draw %||32% / 33%||38 %||25 %|
|Loss %||40% / 50%||31 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.52 / 2.50||2.92||2.08|
|Scored||1.16 / 1.00||1.46||0.83|
|Conceded||1.36 / 1.50||1.46||1.25|
|BTTS %||56% / 67%||69 %||42 %|
|BTTS Win||12% / 17%||15 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 17%||23 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||24% / 17%||31 %||17 %|
|Scores %||72% / 67%||85 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||24% / 0%||23 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||44% / 50%||62 %||25 %|
|Possession %||48% / 53%||47 %||50 %|
|Corners||4.72 / 6.80||5.00||4.42|
|Cards||1.48 / 1.00||1.54||1.42|
|Offsides||1.32 / 1.00||1.08||1.58|
|Fouls||12.48 / 12.40||12.62||12.33|
|Shots||11.80 / 14.40||12.54||11.00|
|Shots on Target||4.56 / 5.20||5.38||3.67|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Stevenage vs Walsall Odds
|HT 1||3.25||HT X||2.05||HT 2||3.50|
|Home Win Nil||3.90||Away Win Nil||4.55|
|Over 2.5||2.19||Under 2.5||1.60|
|BTTS Yes||1.90||BTTS NO||1.87|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.38||Under 9.5 Corners||1.50|