- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Sunderland will welcome Lincoln City to Stadium of Light for a matchday 17 fixture in England EFL League One. The last meeting on 5th October 2021 ended in a Sunderland 2-1 win. Both sides have met eight times in the most recent seasons. Sunderland has won 4 matches, and Lincoln City triumphed in 2. Recent outings average 2.75 goals, while both teams score 63% of the time.
Sunderland's latest fixture against Wycombe Wanderers ended in an away 3-3 draw. They were very dangerous in front positions, so one point was the least they deserved. Sunderland scored in both halves in the 3rd, 39th and 90+3 minute.
Lincoln City's recent game against Oxford United ended in a home 2-0 win. Although The Imps didn't match their opponent's intensity and quality while on possession, it was still enough. Lincoln City had good chances in both halves and scored in the 40th and 56th minute.
Since the start of the season, Sunderland is more dominant at home. They have eleven wins out of 14 games on home soil. The Black Cats's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 50% of home games.
Lincoln City has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Lincoln City has collected 1.46 points on average per away game, compared to 0.92 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Lincoln City kept a clean sheet in just 8% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. The Light Brigade is currently unbeaten at home in one game. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
The Imps got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Tuesday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Sunderland wins on average 2.43 points per home game, compared to 1.46 points per away game for Lincoln City. My prediction is Sunderland to win.
Sunderland vs Lincoln City Betting Tips
Sunderland vs Lincoln City Head to Head
Average stats between Sunderland and Lincoln City in most recent 8 outings in the England EFL League One.
Sunderland vs Lincoln City Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sunderland and Lincoln City across current season. Calculated from Sunderland's Home stats and Lincoln City's Away stats.
England EFL League One Form
- Coming into this game, Sunderland has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Sunderland has scored 14 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sunderland is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Sunderland at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 5 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Lincoln City's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Sunderland from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Sunderland as they have now gone 10 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 12 games for Sunderland ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Sunderland is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Lincoln City, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 14 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Sunderland, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 13 matches (52% of all matches) involving Sunderland has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Sunderland will score today, as they have netted in the last 10 games coming into this one and have scored 14 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Lincoln City has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Lincoln City has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Lincoln City ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Lincoln City recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Lincoln City has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 39% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 6 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Lincoln City has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 13/23 games for Lincoln City this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||57% / 50%||79 %||36 %|
|Draw %||21% / 33%||7 %||36 %|
|Loss %||21% / 17%||14 %||29 %|
|AVG Goals||3.07 / 3.50||2.86||3.29|
|Scored||1.89 / 2.33||2.21||1.57|
|Conceded||1.18 / 1.17||0.64||1.71|
|BTTS %||54% / 50%||43 %||64 %|
|BTTS Win||25% / 0%||28 %||21 %|
|BTTS Loss||7% / 17%||7 %||7 %|
|Scored in Both||43% / 50%||43 %||43 %|
|Scores %||86% / 100%||93 %||79 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 50%||50 %||14 %|
|Frist Goal %||68% / 83%||79 %||57 %|
|Possession %||53% / 56%||52 %||55 %|
|Corners||6.04 / 8.80||6.21||5.86|
|Cards||2.00 / 1.67||2.21||1.79|
|Offsides||1.93 / 2.60||1.79||2.07|
|Fouls||10.29 / 10.20||10.57||10.00|
|Shots||15.43 / 17.40||15.57||15.29|
|Shots on Target||6.18 / 8.20||6.29||6.07|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||31% / 83%||23 %||38 %|
|Draw %||27% / 17%||23 %||31 %|
|Loss %||42% / 0%||54 %||31 %|
|AVG Goals||2.50 / 3.17||2.23||2.77|
|Scored||1.19 / 2.50||0.92||1.46|
|Conceded||1.31 / 0.67||1.31||1.31|
|BTTS %||58% / 67%||46 %||69 %|
|BTTS Win||27% / 50%||15 %||38 %|
|BTTS Loss||8% / 0%||8 %||8 %|
|Scored in Both||19% / 50%||8 %||31 %|
|Scores %||62% / 100%||54 %||69 %|
|Clean Sheet %||8% / 33%||8 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||35% / 83%||31 %||38 %|
|Possession %||54% / 53%||56 %||51 %|
|Corners||5.12 / 6.00||5.15||5.08|
|Cards||1.96 / 2.00||1.77||2.15|
|Offsides||2.19 / 1.75||2.00||2.38|
|Fouls||10.58 / 11.00||10.62||10.54|
|Shots||13.08 / 15.20||13.23||12.92|
|Shots on Target||3.88 / 6.00||4.46||3.31|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sunderland vs Lincoln City Odds
|HT 1||1.80||HT X||2.38||HT 2||7.00|
|Home Win Nil||2.10||Away Win Nil||14.00|
|Over 2.5||1.71||Under 2.5||2.02|
|BTTS Yes||2.05||BTTS NO||1.73|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.58||Under 9.5 Corners||2.32|