- Algeria Ligue 1
- 17:00 Aïn M'lila vs CS Constantine
- 17:45 ASO Chlef vs NA Hussein Dey Belarus Vysheyshaya Liga
- 16:00 Slutsk vs Shakhtyor Egypt Egyptian Premier League
- 18:00 Wadi Degla vs El Gounah EURO 2020
- 14:00 Sweden vs Slovakia
- 17:00 Croatia vs Czech Republic
- 20:00 England vs Scotland Faroe Islands Faroe Islands Premier League
- 19:00 NSÍ vs B68 Finland Veikkausliiga
- 16:00 HJK vs Ilves
- 16:30 Inter Turku vs SJK Iceland 1. Deild
- 20:15 Grindavík vs Grótta Kazakhstan Kazakhstan Premier League
- 13:00 Kyzyl-Zhar vs Akzhayik
- 14:00 Shakhter Karagandy vs Taraz
- 15:00 Atyrau vs Astana
- 16:00 Ordabasy vs Aktobe Norway First Division
- 17:00 Raufoss vs Jerv
- 17:00 Sogndal vs Aalesund
- 17:00 Start vs Ullensaker - Kisa IL
- 19:00 Fredrikstad vs HamKam Republic of Ireland Premier Division
- 19:45 Dundalk vs Longford Town
- 19:45 Waterford vs Shamrock Rovers
- 19:45 St Patrick's Athl. vs Sligo Rovers
- 19:45 Bohemians vs Drogheda United
- 20:00 Finn Harps vs Derry City Venezuela Primera División
- 21:00 Zulia vs Estudiantes Mérida
Sydney FC will welcome Melbourne Victory FC to Netstrata Jubilee Stadium for a matchday 21 fixture in Australia A-League. The last meeting on 27th April 2021 ended in a Sydney FC 1-0 win. Both sides have met forty-three times in the most recent seasons. Sydney FC has won 18 matches, and Melbourne Victory FC triumphed in 11. Recent outings average 3.05 goals, while both teams score 63% of the time.
Sydney FC's last game in the Australia A-League against Melbourne Victory FC at home ended in a 2-0 win. Sky Blues had more possession of the ball and took advantage of it. Sydney FC was dangerous in both halves and scored in the 10th and 83rd minute.
Melbourne Victory FC's previous game in the competition versus Macarthur ended in an away 3-1 loss. Victory didn't turn up and failed to create clear cut chances for most of the game. Melbourne Victory FC was not convincing in the first-half and scored in the 78th minute.
Since the start of the season, Sydney FC is more dominant at home. They have seven wins out of 13 games on home soil. Sky Blues's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 46% of home games.
Melbourne Victory FC has picked up 4 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Melbourne Victory FC wins 0.62 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Melbourne Victory FC kept a clean sheet in just 8% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won three consecutive matches. Sydney FC is currently unbeaten at home in eight games. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
Dark Blues got the three points in their previous away games but are still off their best. Their away record does not convince me that they have what it takes to avoid defeat on Wednesday.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Sydney FC wins on average 1.92 points per home game, compared to 0.62 points per away game for Melbourne Victory FC. My prediction is Sydney FC to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.55 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 41% of Sydney FC's home and Melbourne Victory FC's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Wednesday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 50% of Sydney FC's home and Melbourne Victory FC's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory FC Betting Tips
Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory FC Head to Head
Average stats between Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory FC in most recent 43 outings in the Australia A-League.
Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory FC Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sydney FC and Melbourne Victory FC across current season. Calculated from Sydney FC's Home stats and Melbourne Victory FC's Away stats.
Australia A-League Form
- Coming into this game, Sydney FC has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Sydney FC has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Sydney FC is in great form, and the home fans will be loving it. They have won the last 3 games that they have played at home.
- Superb stuff from Sydney FC at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 8 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Melbourne Victory FC's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Sydney FC from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 8 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 3 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Sydney FC as they have now gone 6 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Sydney FC has kept 4 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 1 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 10 occasions.
- Sydney FC is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Melbourne Victory FC, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 10 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Sydney FC has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 5 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 13/26 games for Sydney FC this season.
- It's likely that Sydney FC will score today, as they have netted in the last 13 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Melbourne Victory FC has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Melbourne Victory FC has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Melbourne Victory FC has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Melbourne Victory FC recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Melbourne Victory FC has fired blanks in 10 games this season. That's 38% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 8 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Melbourne Victory FC, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (58% of all matches) involving Melbourne Victory FC has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||50% / 33%||54 %||46 %|
|Draw %||31% / 33%||31 %||31 %|
|Loss %||19% / 33%||15 %||23 %|
|AVG Goals||2.38 / 2.33||1.85||2.92|
|Scored||1.50 / 1.33||1.15||1.85|
|Conceded||0.88 / 1.00||0.69||1.08|
|BTTS %||50% / 50%||38 %||62 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 17%||15 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||8% / 0%||0 %||15 %|
|Scored in Both||35% / 33%||31 %||38 %|
|Scores %||85% / 67%||77 %||92 %|
|Clean Sheet %||38% / 17%||46 %||31 %|
|Frist Goal %||58% / 50%||69 %||46 %|
|Possession %||53% / 49%||50 %||55 %|
|Corners||7.23 / 5.00||6.38||8.08|
|Cards||1.92 / 1.33||1.77||2.08|
|Offsides||2.46 / 1.67||2.15||2.77|
|Fouls||10.04 / 8.33||10.85||9.23|
|Shots||15.12 / 13.67||15.31||14.92|
|Shots on Target||6.81 / 7.17||6.69||6.92|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||19% / 33%||23 %||15 %|
|Draw %||15% / 17%||15 %||15 %|
|Loss %||65% / 50%||62 %||69 %|
|AVG Goals||3.50 / 3.00||3.62||3.38|
|Scored||1.19 / 1.17||1.31||1.08|
|Conceded||2.31 / 1.83||2.31||2.31|
|BTTS %||58% / 67%||62 %||54 %|
|BTTS Win||15% / 33%||15 %||15 %|
|BTTS Loss||31% / 17%||31 %||31 %|
|Scored in Both||15% / 0%||23 %||8 %|
|Scores %||62% / 67%||69 %||54 %|
|Clean Sheet %||8% / 0%||8 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||27% / 33%||38 %||15 %|
|Possession %||45% / 49%||45 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.77 / 3.50||5.00||4.54|
|Cards||2.62 / 2.67||2.54||2.69|
|Offsides||1.54 / 1.50||1.92||1.15|
|Fouls||11.46 / 10.33||11.08||11.85|
|Shots||10.35 / 7.67||10.85||9.85|
|Shots on Target||4.69 / 3.83||5.00||4.38|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sydney FC vs Melbourne Victory FC Odds
|HT 1||1.91||HT X||2.75||HT 2||5.50|
|Home Win Nil||2.50||Away Win Nil||15.00|
|Over 2.5||1.36||Under 2.5||2.90|
|BTTS Yes||1.74||BTTS NO||2.00|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.41||Under 9.5 Corners||2.75|