- Colombia Categoria Primera A
- 22:00 Unión Magdalena vs Alianza Petrolera
Sampdoria will welcome Cagliari to Stadio Comunale Luigi Ferraris for a matchday 20 fixture in Italy Serie A. The last meeting on 17th October 2021 ended in a Cagliari 3-1 win. Both sides have met twenty-three times in the most recent seasons. Sampdoria has won 6 matches, and Cagliari triumphed in 9. Recent outings average 2.96 goals, while both teams score 57% of the time.
Sampdoria's latest fixture against Roma ended in an away 1-1 draw. They were not spectacular, so this result seems fair. Sampdoria was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 80 minute.
Cagliari's previous game in the competition versus Juventus ended in an away 2-0 loss. Cagliari had plenty of time to pass around and make quality forward runs. However, the final result was not what they wish for before the game started.
So far, La Samp plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.00 points per away game on average compared to 0.75 points at home. Although Sampdoria is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 0% home clean sheets.
Cagliari has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Cagliari wins 0.55 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Cagliari kept a clean sheet in just 9% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Il Doria lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 17% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Casteddu is winless in one away game, having tasted defeat on their previous visit. However, they will need plenty of luck to avoid another one against Il Doria.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Sampdoria wins on average 0.75 points per home game, compared to 0.55 points per away game for Cagliari. My prediction is Sampdoria to win.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Sampdoria failed to keep a clean sheet in 0% of home games, while Cagliari conceded in 9% of away games. On average, both teams score in 57% of Sampdoria's home and Cagliari's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Sampdoria vs Cagliari Betting Tips
Sampdoria vs Cagliari Head to Head
Average stats between Sampdoria and Cagliari in most recent 23 outings in the Italy Serie A.
Sampdoria vs Cagliari Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sampdoria and Cagliari across current season. Calculated from Sampdoria's Home stats and Cagliari's Away stats.
Italy Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Sampdoria has picked up 5 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 5 of those games. Sampdoria has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Cagliari's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Sampdoria from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 7 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- Sampdoria has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 17 games for Sampdoria ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- The last 5 games for Sampdoria has each seen both teams scoring. Will they improve their defence, or will we see more of the same here? This season Sampdoria has seen a total of 13/19 fixtures end with both teams scoring. That's 68% of all matches played.
- It's likely that Sampdoria will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 7 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Cagliari has picked up 2 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.4 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 1 of those games. Cagliari has scored 1 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 4 games for Cagliari ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Can Cagliari turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 2 draws and 3 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Cagliari recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Cagliari has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 42% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 1 goals.
- Just 1 of the last 5 games for Cagliari has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/19 games for Cagliari this season.
- Cagliari will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 3 matches. During the last five games they have scored 1 times and overall this season they have scored 0.89 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||22% / 0%||17 %||27 %|
|Draw %||22% / 17%||25 %||18 %|
|Loss %||57% / 83%||58 %||55 %|
|AVG Goals||3.04 / 2.50||3.42||2.64|
|Scored||1.26 / 0.67||1.33||1.18|
|Conceded||1.78 / 1.83||2.08||1.45|
|BTTS %||65% / 67%||83 %||45 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 0%||17 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||35% / 50%||42 %||27 %|
|Scored in Both||22% / 0%||17 %||27 %|
|Scores %||74% / 67%||83 %||64 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 0%||0 %||27 %|
|Frist Goal %||39% / 33%||42 %||36 %|
|Possession %||45% / 42%||45 %||45 %|
|Corners||4.26 / 1.50||4.17||4.36|
|Cards||3.00 / 2.33||3.08||2.91|
|Offsides||2.39 / 2.17||2.17||2.64|
|Fouls||12.65 / 10.33||12.17||13.18|
|Shots||12.22 / 8.67||12.58||11.82|
|Shots on Target||4.78 / 3.17||5.00||4.55|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||13% / 33%||17 %||9 %|
|Draw %||35% / 17%||42 %||27 %|
|Loss %||52% / 50%||42 %||64 %|
|AVG Goals||2.87 / 2.00||3.00||2.73|
|Scored||0.96 / 0.83||1.25||0.64|
|Conceded||1.91 / 1.17||1.75||2.09|
|BTTS %||61% / 50%||83 %||36 %|
|BTTS Win||13% / 33%||17 %||9 %|
|BTTS Loss||17% / 0%||25 %||9 %|
|Scored in Both||13% / 0%||17 %||9 %|
|Scores %||61% / 50%||83 %||36 %|
|Clean Sheet %||4% / 0%||0 %||9 %|
|Frist Goal %||26% / 17%||50 %||0 %|
|Possession %||43% / 47%||49 %||37 %|
|Corners||3.57 / 3.50||4.83||2.18|
|Cards||2.70 / 2.83||2.58||2.82|
|Offsides||2.13 / 2.67||2.00||2.27|
|Fouls||13.61 / 15.17||14.33||12.82|
|Shots||10.96 / 10.67||12.50||9.27|
|Shots on Target||4.04 / 4.33||4.50||3.55|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sampdoria vs Cagliari Odds
|HT 1||2.38||HT X||2.30||HT 2||4.33|
|Home Win Nil||3.00||Away Win Nil||8.00|
|Over 2.5||1.75||Under 2.5||1.95|
|BTTS Yes||1.70||BTTS NO||2.05|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.77||Under 9.5 Corners||2.05|