Ulsan will welcome Pohang Steelers to Ulsan Munsu Football Stadium for a matchday 18 fixture in South Korea K League 1. The last meeting on 13th March 2021 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met thirty times in the most recent seasons. Ulsan has won 13 matches, and Pohang Steelers triumphed in 9. Recent outings average 2.70 goals, while both teams score 60% of the time.
Ulsan's latest fixture against Jeonbuk Motors ended in an away 4-2 win. Ulsan was very effective while counter-attacking. In the end, it was enough to make the difference between the two teams. Ulsan scored in both halves in the 8th, 36th, 57th and 76th minute.
Pohang Steelers's previous game in the competition versus Suwon ended in an away 4-3 win. Although Pohang Steelers countered for most of the game, it was more than enough to win. Pohang Steelers was pretty good in both halves and scored in the 5th, 24th, 27th and 74th minute.
Since the start of the season, Ulsan is more dominant at home. They have five wins out of 9 games on home soil. Ulsan's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 56% of home games.
Pohang Steelers has picked up 9 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Pohang Steelers has collected 1.56 points on average per away game, compared to 1.44 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Pohang Steelers kept a clean sheet in just 11% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Ulsan or Pohang Steelers to win.
Ulsan vs Pohang Steelers Betting Tips
Ulsan vs Pohang Steelers Head to Head
Average stats between Ulsan and Pohang Steelers in most recent 30 outings in the South Korea K League 1.
Ulsan vs Pohang Steelers Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Ulsan and Pohang Steelers across current season. Calculated from Ulsan's Home stats and Pohang Steelers's Away stats.
South Korea K League 1 Form
- Coming into this game, Ulsan has picked up 11 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Ulsan has scored 10 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Superb stuff from Ulsan at home, where they are currently unbeaten in 9 games. Can they go another game without defeat?
- Pohang Steelers's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Ulsan from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 4 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for Ulsan as they have now gone 9 games without losing. They have won 3 of the last 5 games they have played.
- Ulsan is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Pohang Steelers, having won 3 and drawn 2. They have scored 10 goals in those 5 games.
- In the last 5 matches for Ulsan, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 9 matches (47% of all matches) involving Ulsan has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Ulsan will score today, as they have netted in the last 7 games coming into this one and have scored 10 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Pohang Steelers has picked up 8 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.6 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Pohang Steelers has scored 7 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Pohang Steelers will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Ulsan, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 2 and drawn 2
- In the last 5 matches for Pohang Steelers, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 10 matches (56% of all matches) involving Pohang Steelers has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||53% / 100%||56 %||50 %|
|Draw %||37% / 0%||44 %||30 %|
|Loss %||11% / 0%||0 %||20 %|
|AVG Goals||2.47 / 3.17||2.56||2.40|
|Scored||1.58 / 2.50||1.89||1.30|
|Conceded||0.89 / 0.67||0.67||1.10|
|BTTS %||47% / 67%||44 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 67%||22 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||5% / 0%||0 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||32% / 50%||44 %||20 %|
|Scores %||79% / 100%||78 %||80 %|
|Clean Sheet %||47% / 33%||56 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||63% / 50%||56 %||70 %|
|Possession %||60% / 53%||62 %||58 %|
|Corners||4.05 / 5.00||3.89||4.20|
|Cards||1.68 / 2.00||1.56||1.80|
|Offsides||1.56 / 2.17||1.63||1.50|
|Fouls||13.26 / 16.17||13.22||13.30|
|Shots||11.53 / 12.67||12.67||10.50|
|Shots on Target||5.11 / 6.17||5.33||4.90|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||39% / 67%||33 %||44 %|
|Draw %||33% / 17%||44 %||22 %|
|Loss %||28% / 17%||22 %||33 %|
|AVG Goals||2.22 / 4.00||1.78||2.67|
|Scored||1.11 / 2.67||0.78||1.44|
|Conceded||1.11 / 1.33||1.00||1.22|
|BTTS %||56% / 67%||44 %||67 %|
|BTTS Win||22% / 33%||11 %||33 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 17%||11 %||11 %|
|Scored in Both||11% / 50%||0 %||22 %|
|Scores %||72% / 100%||67 %||78 %|
|Clean Sheet %||28% / 33%||44 %||11 %|
|Frist Goal %||39% / 83%||22 %||56 %|
|Possession %||54% / 48%||61 %||48 %|
|Corners||5.24 / 5.83||6.25||4.33|
|Cards||2.06 / 1.67||2.00||2.11|
|Offsides||1.60 / 0.60||1.86||1.38|
|Fouls||14.41 / 12.50||14.38||14.44|
|Shots||10.41 / 13.33||9.38||11.33|
|Shots on Target||4.29 / 6.67||4.00||4.56|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Ulsan vs Pohang Steelers Odds
|HT 1||2.75||HT X||2.20||HT 2||4.00|
|Home Win Nil||3.25||Away Win Nil||5.50|
|Over 2.5||2.00||Under 2.5||1.80|
|BTTS Yes||1.91||BTTS NO||1.83|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.50||Under 9.5 Corners||1.49|