Stjarnan will welcome Víkingur Reykjavík to for a matchday 3 fixture in Iceland Úrvalsdeild. The last meeting on 30th July 2020 ended in a Stjarnan 2-1 win. Both sides have met fourteen times in the most recent seasons. Stjarnan has won 7 matches, and Víkingur Reykjavík triumphed in 1. Recent outings average 3.21 goals, while both teams score 71% of the time.
Stjarnan's latest fixture against Keflavík ended in an away 2-0 loss. Stjarnan dominated the possession of the ball but didn't take advantage of it.
Víkingur Reykjavík's previous game in the competition versus ÍA ended in an away 1-1 draw. The whole team didn't turn up, so in the end the draw was a good result. Víkingur Reykjavík played better before halftime and scored in the 1st minute.
Since the start of the season, Stjarnan is more dominant at home. They have two wins out of 6 games on home soil. Although Stjarnan is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 17% home clean sheets.
Víkingur Reykjavík has picked up 10 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Víkingur Reykjavík wins 1.50 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Víkingur Reykjavík kept a clean sheet in just 25% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Stjarnan or Víkingur Reykjavík to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 1 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 0% of Stjarnan's home and Víkingur Reykjavík's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Stjarnan failed to keep a clean sheet in 17% of home games, while Víkingur Reykjavík conceded in 25% of away games. On average, both teams score in 50% of Stjarnan's home and Víkingur Reykjavík's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Stjarnan vs Víkingur Reykjavík Betting Tips
Stjarnan vs Víkingur Reykjavík Head to Head
Average stats between Stjarnan and Víkingur Reykjavík in most recent 14 outings in the Iceland Úrvalsdeild.
Stjarnan vs Víkingur Reykjavík Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Stjarnan and Víkingur Reykjavík across current season. Calculated from Stjarnan's Home stats and Víkingur Reykjavík's Away stats.
Iceland Úrvalsdeild Form
- Coming into this game, Stjarnan has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Stjarnan has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Víkingur Reykjavík's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Stjarnan from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 3 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for Stjarnan ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Stjarnan has fired blanks in 6 games this season. That's 43% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored an intriguing 8 goals.
- In the last 5 matches for Stjarnan, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (57% of all matches) involving Stjarnan has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Víkingur Reykjavík has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Víkingur Reykjavík has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 3 games involving Víkingur Reykjavík has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Stjarnan get in on the action today? There has been a total of 13 goals in the last 5 games for Víkingur Reykjavík, both home and away.
- Víkingur Reykjavík will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Stjarnan, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Víkingur Reykjavík recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Víkingur Reykjavík has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 3 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 8/15 games for Víkingur Reykjavík this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||21% / 50%||33 %||13 %|
|Draw %||29% / 17%||17 %||38 %|
|Loss %||50% / 33%||50 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.64 / 3.33||2.83||2.50|
|Scored||1.00 / 1.50||1.33||0.75|
|Conceded||1.64 / 1.83||1.50||1.75|
|BTTS %||57% / 83%||67 %||50 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 33%||33 %||13 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 33%||33 %||13 %|
|Scored in Both||7% / 17%||0 %||13 %|
|Scores %||57% / 100%||67 %||50 %|
|Clean Sheet %||14% / 17%||17 %||13 %|
|Frist Goal %||21% / 50%||17 %||25 %|
|Possession %||49% / 50%||51 %||47 %|
|Corners||7.14 / 5.67||8.17||6.38|
|Cards||0.00 / 2.67||0.00||0.00|
|Offsides||0.00 / 1.67||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||0.00 / 13.50||0.00||0.00|
|Shots||9.86 / 12.50||11.50||8.63|
|Shots on Target||4.71 / 6.50||5.67||4.00|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||53% / 50%||71 %||38 %|
|Draw %||33% / 17%||29 %||38 %|
|Loss %||13% / 33%||0 %||25 %|
|AVG Goals||2.53 / 4.67||2.57||2.50|
|Scored||1.47 / 2.83||1.86||1.13|
|Conceded||1.07 / 1.83||0.71||1.38|
|BTTS %||53% / 67%||43 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||20% / 33%||14 %||25 %|
|BTTS Loss||7% / 17%||0 %||13 %|
|Scored in Both||27% / 67%||43 %||13 %|
|Scores %||87% / 83%||100 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||40% / 17%||57 %||25 %|
|Frist Goal %||53% / 50%||71 %||38 %|
|Possession %||51% / 60%||50 %||51 %|
|Corners||7.47 / 6.33||7.29||7.63|
|Cards||2.00 / 2.00||2.00||0.00|
|Offsides||0.00 / 2.00||0.00||0.00|
|Fouls||0.00 / 12.00||0.00||0.00|
|Shots||12.00 / 16.50||12.14||11.88|
|Shots on Target||4.93 / 8.83||5.14||4.75|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Stjarnan vs Víkingur Reykjavík Odds
|HT 1||2.88||HT X||2.30||HT 2||3.00|
|Home Win Nil||4.60||Away Win Nil||4.70|
|Over 2.5||1.57||Under 2.5||2.25|
|BTTS Yes||1.57||BTTS NO||2.25|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.42||Under 9.5 Corners||2.70|