- Cyprus First Division
- 17:00 AEK Larnaca vs Anorthosis England Championship
- 20:45 Blackburn Rovers vs Middlesbrough France Ligue 2
- 20:45 Caen vs Ajaccio France National
- 20:45 Annecy vs Concarneau Greece Super League
- 17:30 Asteras Tripolis vs Apollon Smirnis Israel Israeli Premier League
- 19:30 Beitar Jerusalem vs Hapoel Tel Aviv Israel Liga Leumit
- 18:00 Beitar Tel Aviv Ramla vs Hapoel Afula
- 18:00 Hapoel Ramat Gan vs Hapoel Ra'anana
- 18:00 Hapoel Petah Tikva vs Sektzia Nes Tziona Portugal LigaPro
- 15:30 Academico Viseu vs Sporting Covilhã
- 21:15 Leixões vs GD Chaves Romania Liga I
- 15:30 Botoşani vs Sepsi
Sassuolo will welcome Genoa to MAPEI Stadium - Città del Tricolore for a matchday 20 fixture in Italy Serie A. The last meeting on 17th October 2021 ended in a 2-2 draw. Both sides have met seventeen times in the most recent seasons. Sassuolo has won 8 matches, and Genoa triumphed in 5. Recent outings average 3.18 goals, while both teams score 59% of the time.
Sassuolo's last game in the Italy Serie A against Bologna at home ended in a 0-3 loss. Neroverdi had plenty of possession, but not enough quality in the final third of the pitch.
Genoa's recent game against Atalanta ended in a home 0-0 draw. One point was the maximum they could have won with that display.
So far, Sassuolo plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.45 points per away game on average compared to 1.08 points at home. Although Sassuolo is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 17% home clean sheets.
Genoa has picked up 3 points from the previous six league games. It is quite intriguing that they prefer playing on the road. Zena has collected 0.67 points on average per away game, compared to 0.45 at home. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Genoa kept a clean sheet in just 8% of their visits.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Sasòl lost the previous game at home but still have a lot of advantage over their opponent. They have won 25% of home games which gives them plenty of confidence for the upcoming fixture.
Grifone failed to win in ten consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Thursday and win against Sasòl.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. Sassuolo wins on average 1.08 points per home game, compared to 0.67 points per away game for Genoa. My prediction is Sassuolo to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 2.85 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 65% of Sassuolo's home and Genoa's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both teams struggle in defence and concede on regular occasions. Sassuolo failed to keep a clean sheet in 17% of home games, while Genoa conceded in 8% of away games. On average, both teams score in 60% of Sassuolo's home and Genoa's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Sassuolo vs Genoa Betting Tips
Sassuolo vs Genoa Head to Head
Average stats between Sassuolo and Genoa in most recent 17 outings in the Italy Serie A.
Sassuolo vs Genoa Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sassuolo and Genoa across current season. Calculated from Sassuolo's Home stats and Genoa's Away stats.
Italy Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Sassuolo has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Sassuolo has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- We might see some goals in this one, with the last 13 games involving Sassuolo has ended with 3 or more goals being scored. Will Genoa get in on the action today? There has been a total of 18 goals in the last 5 games for Sassuolo, both home and away.
- Sassuolo will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Genoa, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- In the last 5 matches for Sassuolo, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 15 matches (79% of all matches) involving Sassuolo has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, Genoa has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Genoa has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Genoa turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Genoa recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Genoa has fired blanks in 8 games this season. That's 42% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Genoa has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 11/19 games for Genoa this season.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||30% / 33%||25 %||36 %|
|Draw %||35% / 33%||33 %||36 %|
|Loss %||35% / 33%||42 %||27 %|
|AVG Goals||3.35 / 3.33||2.83||3.91|
|Scored||1.70 / 1.67||1.25||2.18|
|Conceded||1.65 / 1.67||1.58||1.73|
|BTTS %||83% / 67%||67 %||100 %|
|BTTS Win||26% / 17%||17 %||36 %|
|BTTS Loss||26% / 17%||25 %||27 %|
|Scored in Both||26% / 17%||17 %||36 %|
|Scores %||87% / 83%||75 %||100 %|
|Clean Sheet %||9% / 17%||17 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||39% / 33%||33 %||45 %|
|Possession %||57% / 58%||59 %||54 %|
|Corners||5.13 / 6.17||5.92||4.27|
|Cards||2.65 / 2.17||2.33||3.00|
|Offsides||1.26 / 1.67||0.75||1.82|
|Fouls||11.96 / 11.17||10.50||13.55|
|Shots||16.17 / 17.50||17.17||15.09|
|Shots on Target||6.39 / 6.33||6.33||6.45|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||4% / 0%||0 %||8 %|
|Draw %||43% / 50%||45 %||42 %|
|Loss %||52% / 50%||55 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.83 / 2.17||2.36||3.25|
|Scored||0.87 / 0.33||0.73||1.00|
|Conceded||1.96 / 1.83||1.64||2.25|
|BTTS %||52% / 33%||45 %||58 %|
|BTTS Win||4% / 0%||0 %||8 %|
|BTTS Loss||22% / 17%||27 %||17 %|
|Scored in Both||9% / 0%||9 %||8 %|
|Scores %||52% / 33%||45 %||58 %|
|Clean Sheet %||17% / 33%||27 %||8 %|
|Frist Goal %||9% / 33%||0 %||17 %|
|Possession %||44% / 37%||45 %||42 %|
|Corners||4.17 / 4.00||5.27||3.17|
|Cards||2.65 / 2.67||2.55||2.75|
|Offsides||1.74 / 1.17||2.09||1.42|
|Fouls||14.00 / 14.17||14.82||13.25|
|Shots||10.39 / 7.50||11.18||9.67|
|Shots on Target||3.70 / 2.00||3.73||3.67|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sassuolo vs Genoa Odds
|HT 1||2.10||HT X||2.40||HT 2||4.75|
|Home Win Nil||2.80||Away Win Nil||10.00|
|Over 2.5||1.55||Under 2.5||2.30|
|BTTS Yes||1.67||BTTS NO||2.10|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.91||Under 9.5 Corners||1.89|