Sassuolo will welcome Lazio to MAPEI Stadium - Città del Tricolore for a matchday 38 fixture in Italy Serie A. The last meeting on 24th January 2021 ended in a Lazio 2-1 win. Both sides have met fifteen times in the most recent seasons. Sassuolo has won 3 matches, and Lazio triumphed in 9. Recent outings average 3.53 goals, while both teams score 80% of the time.
Sassuolo's latest fixture against Parma ended in an away 3-1 win. Sasòl was very dangerous in attack, having attempted ten shots on target. Sassuolo scored in both halves in the 25th, 62nd and 69th minute.
Lazio's recent game against Torino ended in a home 0-0 draw. They had more ball possession and goal-scoring opportunities but it wasn't enough to win three points.
So far, Sassuolo plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.74 points per away game on average compared to 1.53 points at home. Although Sassuolo is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 21% home clean sheets.
Lazio has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Aquile wins 1.37 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. Lazio kept a clean sheet in just 26% of their visits.
The hosts will have to work hard to get a good result. Sasòl has won just 37% of home games. On average they score 1.63 goals and concede 1.42 per game. Lazio is one of the best teams in the league. On paper, they have a great squad and I expect them to make life difficult for their opponent.
The visitors have a better record and I have to back them. Sassuolo wins on average 1.53 points per home game. I am not sure they have what it takes to compete against Lazio. My prediction is Lazio to win.
I expect a thrilling contest with plenty of goals. Both sides score and concede on average 3.09 goals per game. Over 2.5 goals were scored in an average of 53% of Sassuolo's home and Lazio's away games. My prediction is Over 2.5 Goals.
Both sides are dangerous going forward. Sassuolo has scored in 89% of home games. Lazio is a decent match and has scored in all away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Sassuolo vs Lazio Betting Tips
Sassuolo vs Lazio Head to Head
Average stats between Sassuolo and Lazio in most recent 15 outings in the Italy Serie A.
Sassuolo vs Lazio Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Sassuolo and Lazio across current season. Calculated from Sassuolo's Home stats and Lazio's Away stats.
Italy Serie A Form
- Coming into this game, Sassuolo has picked up 10 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 4 of those games. Sassuolo has scored 9 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Lazio's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop Sassuolo from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 14 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 2 home matches this season.
- Sassuolo has put together a good run of form and has now gone 2 games without defeat.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 5 games for Sassuolo ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Sassuolo will be looking to keep up the momentum today against Lazio, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 3 and drawn 1
- In the last 5 matches for Sassuolo, 4 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 28 matches (74% of all matches) involving Sassuolo has seen BTTS landing.
- It's likely that Sassuolo will score today, as they have netted in the last 13 games coming into this one and have scored 9 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Lazio has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. Lazio has scored 1 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Lazio recently, with the side failing to score in 4 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for Lazio has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 1 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 21/38 games for Lazio this season.
- Lazio will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 3 matches. During the last five games they have scored 1 times and overall this season they have scored 1.61 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||45% / 67%||37 %||53 %|
|Draw %||29% / 17%||42 %||16 %|
|Loss %||26% / 17%||21 %||32 %|
|AVG Goals||3.16 / 2.67||3.05||3.26|
|Scored||1.68 / 1.67||1.63||1.74|
|Conceded||1.47 / 1.00||1.42||1.53|
|BTTS %||74% / 67%||74 %||74 %|
|BTTS Win||28% / 33%||21 %||37 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 17%||16 %||26 %|
|Scored in Both||28% / 50%||21 %||37 %|
|Scores %||89% / 100%||89 %||89 %|
|Clean Sheet %||21% / 33%||21 %||21 %|
|Frist Goal %||50% / 67%||42 %||58 %|
|Possession %||61% / 63%||62 %||60 %|
|Corners||5.47 / 5.00||5.05||5.89|
|Cards||2.16 / 1.50||2.37||1.95|
|Offsides||1.54 / 1.33||1.58||1.50|
|Fouls||12.71 / 12.17||13.16||12.26|
|Shots||15.08 / 14.00||15.42||14.74|
|Shots on Target||5.89 / 5.50||5.89||5.89|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||55% / 33%||68 %||42 %|
|Draw %||13% / 17%||16 %||11 %|
|Loss %||32% / 50%||16 %||47 %|
|AVG Goals||3.05 / 2.33||3.11||3.00|
|Scored||1.61 / 0.83||1.89||1.32|
|Conceded||1.45 / 1.50||1.21||1.68|
|BTTS %||55% / 17%||63 %||47 %|
|BTTS Win||26% / 17%||37 %||16 %|
|BTTS Loss||18% / 0%||16 %||21 %|
|Scored in Both||34% / 17%||42 %||26 %|
|Scores %||84% / 33%||95 %||74 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 33%||37 %||26 %|
|Frist Goal %||61% / 33%||63 %||58 %|
|Possession %||53% / 57%||52 %||54 %|
|Corners||4.97 / 4.83||5.21||4.74|
|Cards||2.89 / 3.17||3.21||2.58|
|Offsides||2.42 / 2.33||2.53||2.32|
|Fouls||12.92 / 10.50||13.11||12.74|
|Shots||14.37 / 11.67||13.68||15.05|
|Shots on Target||5.82 / 5.50||6.05||5.58|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Sassuolo vs Lazio Odds
|HT 1||2.44||HT X||2.54||HT 2||3.68|
|Home Win Nil||4.20||Away Win Nil||6.50|
|Over 2.5||1.38||Under 2.5||3.00|
|BTTS Yes||1.37||BTTS NO||2.80|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.72||Under 9.5 Corners||2.13|