V-Varen Nagasaki will welcome Matsumoto Yamaga to Transcosmos Stadium for a matchday 18 fixture in Japan J2 League. The last meeting on 25th November 2020 ended in a 1-1 draw. Both sides have met eight times in the most recent seasons. V-Varen Nagasaki has won 1 match, and Matsumoto Yamaga triumphed in 3. Recent outings average 1.88 goals, while both teams score 38% of the time.
V-Varen Nagasaki's last game in the Japan J2 League against Matsumoto Yamaga at home ended in a 1-0 win. V-Varen Nagasaki had more possession of the ball and took advantage of it. V-Varen Nagasaki scored before halftime in the 20th minute.
Matsumoto Yamaga's recent game against Machida Zelvia ended in a home 1-5 loss. Matsumoto Yamaga's strikers were frustrated by the lack of good chances. Matsumoto Yamaga put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 14th minute.
So far, V-Varen Nagasaki plays better on the road than at home. They win 1.80 points per away game on average compared to 1.67 points at home. Although V-Varen Nagasaki is among the most solid home teams in the league, they are far from perfect. Their defence is not as good as expected with just 22% home clean sheets.
Matsumoto Yamaga has picked up 2 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. Matsumoto Yamaga wins 0.67 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. It is clear that their strikers will have to step up in the following games. Matsumoto Yamaga failed to score in 67% of away games this campaign.
It is not a surprise that the hosts stand out as a favourite to win this one. Recently they enjoy playing at home, having won two consecutive matches. V-Varen Nagasaki is currently unbeaten at home in three games. Since the start of the season, they have just two home defeats.
Matsumoto Yamaga failed to win in three consecutive away games. It will be a big surprise to turn up on Sunday and win against V-Varen Nagasaki. Furthermore, they are in really bad away form, having lost two consecutive games on the road.
I am confident that the hosts will prove their worth and triumph with another home victory. V-Varen Nagasaki wins on average 1.67 points per home game, compared to 0.67 points per away game for Matsumoto Yamaga. My prediction is V-Varen Nagasaki to win.
V-Varen Nagasaki vs Matsumoto Yamaga Betting Tips
V-Varen Nagasaki vs Matsumoto Yamaga Head to Head
Average stats between V-Varen Nagasaki and Matsumoto Yamaga in most recent 8 outings in the Japan J2 League.
V-Varen Nagasaki vs Matsumoto Yamaga Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between V-Varen Nagasaki and Matsumoto Yamaga across current season. Calculated from V-Varen Nagasaki's Home stats and Matsumoto Yamaga's Away stats.
Japan J2 League Form
- Coming into this game, V-Varen Nagasaki has picked up 15 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 3 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 0 of those games. V-Varen Nagasaki has scored 8 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- V-Varen Nagasaki has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 3 games.
- Matsumoto Yamaga's defence will have to be at their best today if they're to stop V-Varen Nagasaki from scoring. The home side has scored in the last 5 games in front of their own fans. They have failed to score in 1 home matches this season.
- Momentum is really building for V-Varen Nagasaki as they have now gone 7 games without losing. They have won 5 of the last 5 games they have played.
- V-Varen Nagasaki has kept 5 clean sheets in the last 5 games, conceding 0 goals during this period. Overall this season, their defence has kept a clean sheet on 6 occasions.
- V-Varen Nagasaki is unbeaten in the last 5 games coming into this fixture against Matsumoto Yamaga, having won 5 and drawn 0. They have scored 8 goals in those 5 games.
- Just 0 of the last 5 games for V-Varen Nagasaki has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 5 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/19 games for V-Varen Nagasaki this season.
- It's likely that V-Varen Nagasaki will score today, as they have netted in the last 8 games coming into this one and have scored 8 goals in the last five games.
- Coming into this game, Matsumoto Yamaga has picked up 1 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in just 2 of those games. Matsumoto Yamaga has scored 2 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Can Matsumoto Yamaga turn this around? They have not won in the last 5 games coming into this, with 1 draws and 4 defeats.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Matsumoto Yamaga recently, with the side failing to score in 3 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- Matsumoto Yamaga has fired blanks in 9 games this season. That's 47% of games where they have not been able to find the back of the net. Do they need a new forward? In the last 5 games, they have scored just 2 goals.
- Just 2 of the last 5 games for Matsumoto Yamaga has ended with both teams scoring. They have won 0 of those 5 games. Overall, BTTS has landed in 9/19 games for Matsumoto Yamaga this season.
- Matsumoto Yamaga will need to improve their attack if they're to get anything out of this game. They have not scored in the last 2 matches. During the last five games they have scored 2 times and overall this season they have scored 0.84 goals per game.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||53% / 67%||44 %||60 %|
|Draw %||16% / 17%||33 %||0 %|
|Loss %||32% / 17%||22 %||40 %|
|AVG Goals||2.42 / 2.33||2.67||2.20|
|Scored||1.26 / 1.67||1.44||1.10|
|Conceded||1.16 / 0.67||1.22||1.10|
|BTTS %||47% / 50%||67 %||30 %|
|BTTS Win||21% / 17%||22 %||20 %|
|BTTS Loss||11% / 17%||11 %||10 %|
|Scored in Both||16% / 33%||11 %||20 %|
|Scores %||79% / 100%||89 %||70 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 50%||22 %||40 %|
|Frist Goal %||53% / 83%||67 %||40 %|
|Possession %||53% / 50%||55 %||51 %|
|Corners||5.32 / 4.50||5.67||5.00|
|Cards||0.63 / 0.83||0.56||0.70|
|Offsides||1.00 / 1.33||1.22||0.80|
|Fouls||8.47 / 9.00||7.22||9.60|
|Shots||9.32 / 10.67||10.56||8.20|
|Shots on Target||4.68 / 5.67||5.22||4.20|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||21% / 50%||30 %||11 %|
|Draw %||37% / 33%||40 %||33 %|
|Loss %||42% / 17%||30 %||56 %|
|AVG Goals||2.42 / 1.67||2.70||2.11|
|Scored||0.84 / 1.17||1.20||0.44|
|Conceded||1.58 / 0.50||1.50||1.67|
|BTTS %||47% / 33%||60 %||33 %|
|BTTS Win||16% / 17%||20 %||11 %|
|BTTS Loss||21% / 0%||20 %||22 %|
|Scored in Both||21% / 33%||30 %||11 %|
|Scores %||53% / 67%||70 %||33 %|
|Clean Sheet %||32% / 50%||30 %||33 %|
|Frist Goal %||26% / 50%||40 %||11 %|
|Possession %||48% / 49%||47 %||48 %|
|Corners||3.74 / 5.67||2.80||4.78|
|Cards||0.95 / 0.67||0.90||1.00|
|Offsides||0.84 / 2.80||0.40||1.33|
|Fouls||9.21 / 10.80||8.90||9.56|
|Shots||8.74 / 14.83||8.70||8.78|
|Shots on Target||3.68 / 5.83||4.20||3.11|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
V-Varen Nagasaki vs Matsumoto Yamaga Odds
|HT 1||2.47||HT X||2.12||HT 2||5.05|
|Home Win Nil||2.75||Away Win Nil||6.25|
|Over 2.5||2.20||Under 2.5||1.61|
|BTTS Yes||2.00||BTTS NO||1.74|
|Over 9.5 Corners||2.12||Under 9.5 Corners||1.64|