- Bolivia LFPB
- 23:15 Wilstermann vs Blooming Brazil Serie A
- 22:00 Juventude vs Chapecoense Denmark Superliga
- 18:00 SønderjyskE vs Vejle France Ligue 2
- 19:45 Dijon vs Sochaux Iceland Úrvalsdeild
- 20:15 KR vs Fylkir Romania Liga I
- 16:30 Chindia Târgovişte vs Sepsi Sweden Allsvenskan
- 18:00 Varberg vs IFK Göteborg
- 18:00 Örebro vs AIK
- 18:00 Östersunds FK vs Halmstad Sweden Superettan
- 18:00 GAIS vs Akropolis
- 18:00 Norrby vs Västerås SK Ukraine Ukrainian Premier League
- 17:30 Vorskla vs Dnipro-1
Vancouver Whitecaps will welcome LA Galaxy to Rio Tinto Stadium for a matchday 0 fixture in USA MLS. The last meeting on 8th November 2020 ended in a Vancouver Whitecaps 3-0 win. Both sides have met twenty-six times in the most recent seasons. Vancouver Whitecaps has won 8 matches, and LA Galaxy triumphed in 13. Recent outings average 2.42 goals, while both teams score 27% of the time.
Vancouver Whitecaps's latest fixture against Real Salt Lake ended in an away 3-1 loss. I expected more from Blue and White. The lack of focus in the final third cost them three points. Vancouver Whitecaps was more dominant in the second half and scored in the 54 minute.
LA Galaxy's recent game against Seattle Sounders ended in a home 1-2 loss. Los Angeles Galaxy had plenty of possession, but not so much in the final third of the pitch. LA Galaxy put in a decent first-half display and scored in the 21st minute.
Since the start of the season, Vancouver Whitecaps is more dominant at home. They have three wins out of 7 games on home soil. Caps's good defensive display is key to their success. They didn't concede in 43% of home games.
LA Galaxy has picked up 7 points from the previous six league games. They still have a lot to prove when playing away from home. LA Galaxy wins 1.25 points per away game, a bit less than their home record shows. To improve results, they have to be more compact in defence. LA Galaxy kept a clean sheet in just 0% of their visits.
It is hard to choose a favourite in this one. Both teams look evenly-matched and have their strengths. I am not willing to take a risk and prefer a double chance bet. My prediction is Draw or LA Galaxy.
Both sides have plenty of quality in the attack which often results in high-scoring games. I don't think this one on Thursday will be any different. On average, both teams score in 17% of Vancouver Whitecaps's home and LA Galaxy's away games. My prediction is Both Teams to Score: Yes.
Vancouver Whitecaps vs LA Galaxy Betting Tips
Vancouver Whitecaps vs LA Galaxy Head to Head
Average stats between Vancouver Whitecaps and LA Galaxy in most recent 26 outings in the USA MLS.
Vancouver Whitecaps vs LA Galaxy Stats
Results and League Table
Average stats between Vancouver Whitecaps and LA Galaxy across current season. Calculated from Vancouver Whitecaps's Home stats and LA Galaxy's Away stats.
USA MLS Form
- Coming into this game, Vancouver Whitecaps has picked up 6 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 1.2 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. Vancouver Whitecaps has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- Vancouver Whitecaps has enjoyed playing at home recently, with the side currently unbeaten in 2 games.
- Vancouver Whitecaps has put together a good run of form and has now gone 3 games without defeat.
- Vancouver Whitecaps will be looking to keep up the momentum today against LA Galaxy, having lost just 1 game from the last 5. They have won 1 and drawn 3
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for Vancouver Whitecaps recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for Vancouver Whitecaps, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 8 matches (53% of all matches) involving Vancouver Whitecaps has seen BTTS landing.
- Coming into this game, LA Galaxy has picked up 4 points from the last 5 games, both home and away. That's 0.8 points per game on average. BTTS has landed in an intriguing 3 of those games. LA Galaxy has scored 6 times in the last 5 fixtures.
- It's possible we will see a couple of goals here, with the last 8 games for LA Galaxy ending with 2 goals or more being scored.
- Things have not been going that well in front of goal for LA Galaxy recently, with the side failing to score in 2 of the last 5 games. Will the manager change his tactics today, or throw in another forward?
- In the last 5 matches for LA Galaxy, 3 of those games has ended with both teams scoring. This season 9 matches (60% of all matches) involving LA Galaxy has seen BTTS landing.
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||20% / 50%||43 %||0 %|
|Draw %||33% / 0%||14 %||50 %|
|Loss %||47% / 50%||43 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||2.73 / 2.17||2.00||3.38|
|Scored||1.07 / 1.17||0.86||1.25|
|Conceded||1.67 / 1.00||1.14||2.13|
|BTTS %||53% / 33%||29 %||75 %|
|BTTS Win||7% / 33%||14 %||0 %|
|BTTS Loss||20% / 0%||14 %||25 %|
|Scored in Both||0% / 33%||0 %||0 %|
|Scores %||67% / 50%||57 %||75 %|
|Clean Sheet %||20% / 17%||43 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||20% / 33%||29 %||13 %|
|Possession %||47% / 44%||50 %||44 %|
|Corners||4.53 / 3.17||5.00||4.13|
|Cards||2.07 / 1.50||1.57||2.50|
|Offsides||1.53 / 0.67||1.86||1.25|
|Fouls||12.33 / 12.33||12.14||12.50|
|Shots||10.80 / 10.33||11.14||10.50|
|Shots on Target||3.87 / 3.67||3.57||4.13|
|Total / L6||Home||Away|
|Win %||53% / 33%||71 %||38 %|
|Draw %||7% / 17%||0 %||13 %|
|Loss %||40% / 50%||29 %||50 %|
|AVG Goals||3.27 / 3.00||2.86||3.63|
|Scored||1.53 / 1.00||1.71||1.38|
|Conceded||1.73 / 2.00||1.14||2.25|
|BTTS %||60% / 50%||57 %||63 %|
|BTTS Win||40% / 17%||43 %||38 %|
|BTTS Loss||13% / 17%||14 %||13 %|
|Scored in Both||40% / 17%||56 %||25 %|
|Scores %||73% / 67%||86 %||62 %|
|Clean Sheet %||13% / 17%||29 %||0 %|
|Frist Goal %||60% / 50%||86 %||38 %|
|Possession %||51% / 44%||49 %||53 %|
|Corners||3.93 / 5.17||3.71||4.13|
|Cards||1.53 / 2.17||1.86||1.25|
|Offsides||1.60 / 1.83||1.86||1.38|
|Fouls||11.80 / 11.83||12.00||11.63|
|Shots||12.40 / 12.50||13.71||11.25|
|Shots on Target||4.93 / 5.00||5.86||4.13|
Over 2.5 Goals and BTTS
Number of Corners
First Half Corners
Second Half Corners
Number of Cards
First Half Cards
Second Half Cards
Vancouver Whitecaps vs LA Galaxy Odds
|HT 1||3.40||HT X||2.20||HT 2||2.80|
|Home Win Nil||5.50||Away Win Nil||4.50|
|Over 2.5||1.69||Under 2.5||2.15|
|BTTS Yes||1.57||BTTS NO||2.30|
|Over 9.5 Corners||1.85||Under 9.5 Corners||1.85|